THESE ARE THE MOST POPULAR SPOTS OF LAST YEAR!
December, the month that Sinterklaas comes and goes and the month of Christmas. The month of the wonderful Amsterdam Light Festival and the month of ice rink at Museumplein. I love Amsterdam in the summer, but certainly I love Amsterdam just as much in the winter. With all those cozy lights everywhere the city is just one big magical paradise. In this blog I’m sharing the BEST OF 2016 for the month of December. Did you go to there yet?
3 X SPOTS TO HAVE ON YOUR RADAR
- KANARIE CLUB: The Kanarie Club in De Hallen is the new all day hotspot where you can go from the early morning till late in the evening. Meat West and Halte 3 have been replaced by this new concept where everything is focused on next generation hospitality. And that means the Kanarie Club is about all you need. The club is a cozy place where you can eat, work, drink and dance.
- BO NAM: Traveling around in Vietnam is high on my bucket list, because I’m crazy about the Vietnamese cuisine. Luckily, Amsterdam just got itself a new place where I can go to for all my Vietnamese food cravings. Bo Nam is they new Vietnamese restaurant of Casper Reinders in the Lange Leidsedwarsstraat.
- CAFE CARON: Café Caron is the family restaurant of Alain Caron and his sons David and Tom. At Café Caron the vibes are easy going. They just want you to enjoy their dishes of the French cuisine and the tasty wines :-)
TIP: more hotspots on YOURLBB.TV
Did you know we make short video’s of a lot of hotspots in Amsterdam? You can check them out on our Youtube channel YOURLBB.TV. You can also watch a lot of city and travel guides there for destinations all over the world. And the good news? Subscribing to the channel is free and when you do you get an alert of every new video of YOURLBB.TV and all other channels that you’re following. Do I see you there?[yourlbb.tv_cta]
PS: did you already spot our other best of lists?
- 34 x best new restaurants of 2016
- 10 x Yourlbb’s favourite news stores in 2016
- 3 x BEST OF November 2016
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
VERY VERY NICE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.
Follow @yourlbb on Instagram
Anne de Buck
- Read more? -