the nicest hotspots at the Albert Cuyp Amsterdam
The Albert Cuyp in De Pijp is of course best known as a market where you can get your groceries every day of the week and buy the best street food. But did you know that you can find serval hotspots here as well, hidden behind the market stalls? Nice places to eat a bite, have a drink or to shop. Discover them all in this blog! Have fun at these 9 hotspots at the Albert Cuyp in Amsterdam!
8 X Food & drinks at the Albert Cuyp Amsterdam
– Venkel: on the Albert Cuyp you find salad bar Venkel. Here you order delicious salads with fruit and vegetables from The Netherlands.
– De Japanner: for Japanese finger food you should go to De Japanner! On the menu you’ll find classics like Japanese sushi, yakitori and tempura. But the chef prepares various specials with fresh market produce as well.
– Pho 91: an Asian spot where you can eat Vietnamese food. Extra nice is their interior with a mix of Vietnamese items and vintage furniture.
– Calle Ocho: here you go for some great street food and cocktail! Think of nachos, tacos, quesadillas, ceviche and tequila!
– YAY Health Store & More: this spot brings all the healthy things together and motivates you to live healthy. The raw food cafe is all about clean and pure food and in the store they sell sustainable products.
– The Butcher: a spot to eat burgers. Good burgers! Make sure to drink a cocktail after dinner at their secret Butcher Bar.
– Bazar: for delicious food you should go to the Bazaar! The dishes are mainly sourced from North Africa and the Middle East. Extra nice are the coloured tables and lamps.
– Trust: a tip from one of our readers! A nice lunchroom at the Albert Cuyp!
1 x Shopping at the Albert Cuyp Amsterdam
– Noor: score your latest outfit at Noor! You will find affordable but fashionable clothes, shoes and accessories here. The perfect place if you’re looking for a special dress or an original festival shirt!
Do we miss a spot at the Albert Cuyp in Amsterdam? Let us know!
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
VERY VERY NICE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.
Follow @yourlbb on Instagram
| PS: Traveling to Amsterdam with kids? My other website Travelkids.co & @travelkids.co is dedicated to family friendly travel. Check it out here >>
Anne de Buck
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
How fun is this? Discover Amsterdam on a 2.5-hour e-fat bike tour through the center and Amsterdam North.More info & tickets »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
Paddle Board Tour
Discover Amsterdam from the water with this 2-hour paddle board tour of Amsterdam’s canals.Book your ticket »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Escape to nature
Find a nice cabin or house in the Duch nature to escape your busy life for a short (weekend) break.Find a cabin »
Train City Trips
Going on an international city trip in Europe by train? You can do that from € 20,- for a one-way ticket!Check prices »
Want to escape the Netherlands for a holiday? We got you! Check out all the last-minute deals you should knowCheck all last-minutes »