go here for great spanish tapas in the middle of Wan Chai
Ham & Sherry Hong Kong in the hip neighborhood Wan Chai is a nice spot to go for a drink with a snack after shopping and sight seeing. Don’t expect dim sum at this hotspot but some super delicious tapas. Really nice with a good glass of wine or for the ones who like it sherry. Personally it reminds me on the 80’s when my mother use to drink it so we ordered white wine instead. The bar is super cosy to sit at. And all those blue tiles on the wall!
Ham & Sherry is run by Michelin-star chef Jason Atherton, who also has the nice restaurant 22 Ships which is located across Ham & Sherry. But for the real Spanish flavor, you need to be at Ham & Sherry. I know tapas in the middle of Hong Kong, it sounds a bit strange. But trust me on this one, Ham & Sherry is really worth going. From plates with charcuterie till a crispy pig ear (I mean you are in Hong Kong, right?) A classic on the menu is the tortilla of the paella. Yum! On Mondays you get a free drink when you order 4 dishes!
Tip: go to 22 Ships in Hong Kong. At 22 ships they also serve tapas, only modern Asian tapas. And it’s delicious as well!
Hong Kong Travel Tips
> THIS IS HOW YOU GET THERE: on my last trip I flew with Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong. From Hong Kong they connect you to dozens of destinations throughout Asia. Search for cheap tickets here >>
> Tip: for only € 100,- you can book a stopover in Hong Kong when you fly with Cathay Pacific!
> YOURLBB’S FAVOURITE HOTELS IN HONG KONG:
– The Peninsula: stunning views over the skyline of Hong Kong
– Mandarin Oriental: incredible luxurious and classic hotel
– Ritz Carlton: in this hotel you also find the famous Ozon bar
– Hotel Stage: hip hotel close to theTemple Street night market
– Madera Hollywood: the location of this hotel in the heart of Soho is perfect!
– The Jervois: one of the best hotel in the hip Shueng Wan district
– Cordis Hotel: very luxurious hotel in Kowloon next to a huge shopping mall
– East Hong Kong: great lifestyle hotel with a cool rooftop bar
– 99 Bonham: hip hotel in the cool Shueng Wan district
– W Hong Kong: highly recommend in the summer because of the rooftop pool
– Cue Hotel: affordable lifestyle hotel in Wan Chai
– One96: staying for a longer time in Hong Kong? Then book a serviced apartment!
– The Park Lane Hotel: nice hotel in Causeway Bay with one of the best rooftop bars
1-7 Ship StreetHong Kong
Anne de Buck