This cool friday quote via pinterest
17-19 May weekend update!
I’m a weekly guest with Your Little Black Book on English Breakfast Radio (local radio 99.4 FM). Here’s my handpicked weekend update for Pentecost weekend! Have fun :-).
Out & About in Amsterdam
– May 18th it’s Restaurant day again! All over the world everyone can open a restaurant for a day. Last time I had a great meal at a pop-up restaurant at the Westergasterrein. You can check out the restaurants near you with the free app or follow them on Facebook.
– May 19th there’s Neighbourfoodmarket at the Westergasfabriek area. Between 11 and 17 you can enjoy the best food and drinks, shop crafts or vintage and hopefully enjoy the sun a bit!
– The festival season is finally open! May 18th you can dance all day at Pacha festival at the NDSM wharf. Fingers crossed for some good weather.
– From 18 to 26 May Paradiso presents Indiestad festival. On several locations in Amsterdam there are indie bands playing. So prepare for some original live music!
– Amsterdam Roest opened the city beach again! Starting this Saturday (May 18th) with the event Must We Unite, where artists present their new pieces at the art market and a DJ spins some records for you from 14.00-03.00 o’clock.
Best brunch restaurants in Amsterdam for Pentecost
Have a great long Pentecost weekend!
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
COMFORTABLE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.