nice for a drink and a bite: Epistrophy New York!
Before we start our travels, Anne and I always do a lot of preparation and stroll around a city with a long list of hotspots. However it’s always nice to discover a hotspot spontaneously. On our shopping spree in Nolita we came passed Epistrophy and fell in love with it straight away. An Italian cafe on Mott Street. What a nice atmosphere here and we love how it’s decorated. It looks a bit old school vintage, with dark furniture and lime green tabletops. Nice detail: the clothes hangers in the back! Super cool and cozy.
We sat down at the bar for a drink and a bite. Especially try the zucchini and ricotta croquettes with red pepper dipping. And the Polpettine di Vitello (little meatballs in white wine sauce and lemon). Yum! You can also find a variety of pastas, salads and other fish- and meat dishes on the menu. Good to know: the food and drinks at Epistrophy are very affordable (for New York prices)! It’s about 10 dollar for a starter, 15 dollar for a pasta and 40 dollar for a bottle of wine.
New York Travel Tips
>> THIS IS HOW YOU GET THERE:
With KLM there are daily flights to New York. You can book a ticket from € 700,- and up, but our advice is to check on the promotions they have every few months. We usually book our KLM tickets for less than € 500,-! Check the lowest ticket prices here >>
>> YOURLBB’S FAVOURITE HOTELS IN NEW YORK:
– SOHO & NOLITA: The Soho Grand Hotel, Crosby Street Hotel, The Broome, The Bowery, The Nolitan & The James
– BROOKLYN: NU Hotel & Aloft
– WILLIAMSBURG: The Wythe Hotel
– MEATPACKING DISTRICT: The Standard Hotel, The Gansevoort Hotel, Dream Downtown & The Jane
– LOWER EAST SIDE: Sixty LES
– EAST VILLAGE: The Standard Hotel
– MID TOWN: ACE Hotel & The Nomad
– TIMES SQUARE: CitizenM, Yotel & Intercontinental Times Square
– QUEENS: The Boro Hotel
200 Mott St.New York (Nolita)