nice in the Lower East Side: El Rey New York
When you are staying in the Lower East Side you have to go to el Rey for breakfast or lunch. A super cute, small spot on Stanton Street. If you’re lucky you can sit at the (open) window and watch people pass by ;) Locals go here mainly to read the newspaper, to have something to eat and to have a cup of coffee.
We ordered a cappuccino and two lunch dishes. The avocado del sur: a flatbread with avocado and poached eggs. Very delicious! Anne went for a salad with chickpeas, avocado and flatbread. It looked great! Extra nice: they have a variety of vega and vegan dishes on the menu. And after that go shopping at Frankie shop, Reformation or Ellen around the corner!
Discover more hotspots in New York in our New York Travel Guide by clicking the black button below.
New York Travel Tips
>> THIS IS HOW YOU GET THERE:
With KLM there are daily flights to New York. You can book a ticket from € 700,- and up, but our advice is to check on the promotions they have every few months. We usually book our KLM tickets for less than € 500,-! Check the lowest ticket prices here >>
>> YOURLBB’S FAVOURITE HOTELS IN NEW YORK:
– SOHO & NOLITA: The Soho Grand Hotel, Crosby Street Hotel, The Broome, The Bowery, The Nolitan & The James
– BROOKLYN: NU Hotel & Aloft
– WILLIAMSBURG: The Wythe Hotel
– MEATPACKING DISTRICT: The Standard Hotel, The Gansevoort Hotel, Dream Downtown & The Jane
– LOWER EAST SIDE: Sixty LES
– EAST VILLAGE: The Standard Hotel
– MID TOWN: ACE Hotel & The Nomad
– TIMES SQUARE: CitizenM, Yotel & Intercontinental Times Square
– QUEENS: The Boro Hotel
100 Stanton St.New York (Lower East Side)