Your Little Black Book is looking for an editorial intern!
Do you love Amsterdam? Do you enjoy going out for dinner and are you always looking for the latest hotspots? Do you like travelling and going to festivals? Are you an energetic and happy person that loves writing and taking pictures? Then do your internship at start-up Your Little Black Book. Thé urban lifestyle and travel platform of Amsterdam. With an online platform, YOURLBB.TV, a city guide app, webshop, and books. The office is located in the Nine Streets on the Keizersgracht!
As editorial intern you’ll daily write articles for the website, weekly check out the latest hotspots, and interview the most interesting entrepreneurs in Amsterdam. You’re guided through the entire process of content creation. From an idea to photo editing and writing texts. We’ll teach you how to optimise your SEO techniques, and the the ins and outs of blogging. You’re proactive and think its fun to explore the best spots in Amsterdam and other cities with the main editor. Were you raised bilingual and do you speak English fluently? That’s a plus!
You possess the following qualities:
– You know how to use CMS and WordPress and can use Photoshop
– You follow a relevant MBO or HBO study in the area of communication, media, or journalism.
– You speak fluent Dutch and English
– You enjoy writing and have heard of SEO
– You’re creative and bursting with ideas
– You’re energetic and enthusiastic in the office
– You live by the motto Work Hard Play Hard
– You’re an independent worker and can cope with deadlines
– You have a real knack for style. You know about the latest lifestyle trends and about Amsterdam, and can separate the wheat from the chaff.
– You enjoy taking photos and hopefully videos as well
– You’re a social media addict and always looking online for inspiration. You know Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
– You live in Amsterdam
About the internship:
– Start: we have a position open now or for the new semester
– It will be a paid internship. Compensation is € 200,- a month for a fulltime position
– You’ll work at our super cool office in the center of Amsterdam
– 5 days a week for a period of minimal 10 weeks / 3 months
– Possibility to do a specific graduation assignment/thesis (to be discussed)
– You have your own laptop – an external hard drive and camera are available at the office
With almost 220.000 unique visitors a month, Yourlittleblackbook.me is the biggest lifestyle and city blog of Amsterdam. Yourlittleblackbook.me is a blog about hotspots, travel, and lifestyle directed to 25-35 year old men and women.
Founder Anne worked, among other things, as marketing manager at Sanoma for 8 years before she decided to focus full time on her fast-growing platform. As entrepreneur it is the ambition to expand Yourlittleblackbook.me to an international platform for everyone that loves urban lifestyle. With a website, social media channels, and events!
Interested? Email your motivation and CV with a photo to Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org. Introduce yourself, and let us know about your favorite spots and hidden gems in Amsterdam!
I look forward to your email!