Image via Nelleke Langius’s Pinterest
New weekly item on English Breakfast Radio by iannsterdam!
From this Friday I’m a weekly guest with Your Little Black Book on English Breakfast Radio (local radio 99.4 FM). Here’s my weekend update for this weekend! Have great one :).
Out & About in Amsterdam
– The Rijksmuseum opened its doors again! Open daily, more details here.
– Sunday 21 April: Neighbourfood market at the Westergasfabriek. Special coffee lovers edition, with slow coffee, roastings and workshops.
– Save the Date: 9-12 May Weekend of the Rollende Keukens at Westergasfabriek. More than 100 food trucks and music. Free entrance, more details here.
Food & Drinks in Amsterdam
– After work drinks at hotspot Bar Spek (with lovely terrace!). Admiraal de Ruyterweg 1, more details here.
– Cocktails and dinner at Bar Franklin. New hotspot with a New York vibe! Amstelveenseweg 156, more details here.
– Brunch with friends at Little Collins. Cosy cafe restaurant at De Pijp. Eerste Swelinckstraat 19, more details here.
Shops in Amsterdam
– New Marks & Spencer store at the Kalverstraat 226 (close to the Munt). Great selection of fashion and food. Prepare for a long line ;).
– C4C vintage pop-up store at the Ferdinand Bolstraat 182. Affordable shopping mall until April 29th.
For more weekend tips or any questions about the good life in Amsterdam tweet me at @byiannsterdam!
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
COMFORTABLE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.
Follow @yourlbb on Instagram
Anne de Buck