American bar in Nolita and Brooklyn: Black Tree New York
On the Orchard Street in Nolita you can find a variety of spots to have something to eat or drink. When Anne and I stayed the night in the Orchard Street Hotel we explored the whole street ;-) For a coffee you go for example to WhynotCoffee, a meal you eat at Wassail, The Fat Radish or The Leadbelly Oysters & Liquor or take a meatball at The Meatball Shop. Also fun to go: Black Tree! Where they serve urban American dishes.
Black Tree in New York only uses local products and only serves dishes that are in season. So expect to get typical American meals made in a not so typical kind of way. Nice! Small appetite? Order something from the raw bar like oysters or ceviche. Tastes even better with a cocktail on the side.
Tip: are you in Brooklyn? There is also a Black Tree! On Metropolitan Avenue.
New York Travel Tips
>> THIS IS HOW YOU GET THERE:
With KLM there are daily flights to New York. You can book a ticket from € 700,- and up, but our advice is to check on the promotions they have every few months. We usually book our KLM tickets for less then € 500,-! Check the lowest ticket prices here >>
>> YOURLBB’S FAVOURITE HOTELS IN NEW YORK:
– SOHO & NOLITA: The Soho Grand Hotel, Crosby Street Hotel, The Broome, The Bowery, The Nolitan & The James
– BROOKLYN: NU Hotel & Aloft
– WILLIAMSBURG: The Wythe Hotel
– MEATPACKING DISTRICT: The Standard Hotel, The Gansevoort Hotel, Dream Downtown & The Jane
– LOWER EAST SIDE: Sixty LES
– EAST VILLAGE: The Standard Hotel
– MID TOWN: ACE Hotel & The Nomad
– TIMES SQUARE: CitizenM, Yotel & Intercontinental Times Square
– QUEENS: The Boro Hotel
131 Orchard St.New York (Brooklyn)