at bar costa you traded paintings for sandwiches
Bar Costa Ibiza is a bar in the cute little village of Santa Gertrudis. For years, it’s been the a favourite spot among the locals. And that makes it so much fun! You sit here on small tabourets (like really small stools) with woven canes. Which makes it a tad uncomfortable, but it’s all part of the atmosphere. Which is perfectly laid back and not too difficult.
Order here a plate of jamón iberico, or a bocadillo (spanish for sandwich). The rolls are sprinkled with tomato and garlic and topped of with some fresh hame. Simple, but oh so tasty. I love it! Spanish hames are hanging seductively over the bar, waiting to be cut. So what are you waiting for?
Inside the place is filled with paintings in all shapes and sizes. The story goes that if you had no money, you could exchange a painting for a meal. This makes it a bar with good food and history, how nice!
In Santa Gertrudis you’ll find more nice restaurants, including, for example Macau.
IBIZA TRAVEL TIPS
This is how you get there:
– with KLM you fly for less than € 200,- to Ibiza from Amsterdam. Check the cheapest tickets here >>
Your Little Black Book’s favourite hotels:
On Ibiza you can rent a house or apartment during your stay. But for a carefree stay on the island we listed our favourite hotels for you:
– Hotel Hacienda: beautiful place on a mountain with sea view.
– Ca Na Xica: on a former estate turned into a luxury hotel.
– Destino Ibiza hotel: design hotel from the Pacha group.
– Agroturismo Can Domo: surrounded by olive trees on the South East coast of Ibiza.
– Agroturismo Atzaró: country style hotel on the country side of Ibiza.
– Ibizazen: dream hotel where everything seems to be right.
DO YOU WANT TO DISCOVER ALL THE IBIZA HOTSPOTS?
Check our >> Ibiza City Guide >> for the nicest food, drinks and shop hotspots!
Plaça de l'Esglèsia
Anne de Buck
- Read more? -
- Vlogs & Videos -