Amsterdam weekend guide for January 3, 4 and 5!
Happy new year everyone! I’m so excited about a new year full of hotspots and cool events… Can’t wait to tell you all about the coolest things to do in Amsterdam! I’m a weekly guest with Your Little Black Book on English Breakfast Radio (local radio 99.4 FM). Every week I create an Amsterdam weekend guide with only the best handpicked things to do in Amsterdam. Have a great new year!
Food & Drinks
– What about a New Year’s brunch? Here are our favourite brunch hotspots:
* Staring at Jacob: healthy, homemade and cosy! Always crowded at this hotspot in Amsterdam West.
* Hugo’s Bar & Kitchen: new gem in Amsterdam West with great brunch on Sunday. Order one of the brunch cocktails!
* Little Collins: an all time favourite for brunch at De Pijp. Just good!
* Bar Huf: burgers, pulled pork and Philly cheese steak sandwiches. Need I say more?
* Bar Brouw: more meat at Bar Brouw in Amsterdam West. Cheap and delicious!
* Ricardo’s in Odeon: the only place in Amsterdam for a real Sunday roast. Nom, nom, nom.
– More new restaurants in the overview here.
Out & About
– Friday January 3 the cool girls from Things I Like Things I Love have a pop-up shop at Club Trouw. From 18 o’ clock you can shop for their great collection and enjoy a drink!
– Sunday January 5 you can enjoy the first Sunday market of the year! At the Westergasfabriek there are many market stalls with crafts, food and more. Go with friends and enjoy the lazy Sunday while drinking Gluhwein.
– Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 January the IJ-hallen flea market is on! Two days of treasure hunting at the NDSM wharf in Amsterdam North. Check out all about the IJ-hallen here.
– New fashion exhibit at the Rijksmuseum about the history of the coat. From 1630 to 1940! Until June 8 2014.
– I LOVE the ice skating rinks in the winter! The one at Leidseplein is now open until January 5. Perfect for a corny date ;-).
– In FOAM there’s a new exhibit by William Klein from until March 12 2014.
– Fashion icon Fong Leng is honoured with an exhibit about her life at the Amsterdam Museum. Until March 16 2014.
– The Amsterdam Light Festival is great to check out at night in December! Magical with all the light. Until the end of January you can see light sculptures all over town. More info in this blog post!
– January is the month if you like to shop for bargains! All the major stores in Amsterdam have a sale. Check out YourLBB’s favourite stores here.
– My blogger friend Edith from the cool blog Style Has No Size has a pop-up shop at the Haarlemmerdijk 41 for girls that are fashionable in size 40+. Style has no size… I tell you!
– Click here for an overview of the best shops in Amsterdam that opened the doors last 6 months.
There are many more new hotspots that opened in Amsterdam last months. Check them out here:
– Click here for an overview with the best new restaurants in Amsterdam
– Click here for an overview of the best new shops in Amsterdam.
Have a great weekend everyone!
PS: more hotspots are in the Amsterdam Little Black Book. A city guide to Amsterdam with the best restaurants, shops and things to do. Always new addresses coming up so check out your online Little Black Book daily for the latest hotspots in town!
Let’s get social!
Follow Your Little Black Book on social media and I’m happy to keep you updated on the latest hotspots. We www.instagram.com/yourLBB
@yourLBB or www.twitter.com/yourLBB
& watch my vlogs on my YouTube channel
Anne de Buck