If you thought we closed the festival season last week already, you’re wrong! Also this weekend you get one final chance to dance the summer away during various festivals in Amsterdam. And after that, it’s really done with summer. Are you and your wardrobe not ready yet for the fall season? Don’t worry. There are plenty of opportunities to boost your wardrobe this weekend. You can swap clothes at Café de Ceuvel or go vintage hunting at the IJ-Hallen. And of course there’s a lot more to do. Read on and discover the best new hotspots and fun to do’s in this Amsterdam Weekend Guide >> Enjoy!
YOURLBB.TV tip: Restaurant Jacobsz has opened recently in Amsterdam-East. Besides a delicious lunch with very luxurious croissants you can also go here for fine dining. Check out the short video below and join the delight! Curious for more culinary adventures? Subscribe to my YouTube channel and you won’t miss any new hotspots!
PS: every Friday around 11:45 you can listen live to the Amsterdam Weekend Guide on Amsterdam FM!
– There’s a new French bistro in town! Just behind the Haarlemmerplein you’ll find Apostrof, where you get good food and fine wines!
– Go for lunch at the Haarlemmerstraat to new hotspot Het Warenhuis. We think it looks amazing!
– Another gem at the Haarlemmerbuurt is the new wine bar Stuyvesant in one of the most beautiful buildings there.
– YUM! At the Albert Cuypstraat there’s a new doughnut hotspot called Harewood Bakery for all your sugar cravings!
– And yet another bistro has arrived: Auberge Jean & Marie is now open at the Albert Cuyp. This setting feels like a true auberge!
– Do you love Italian food? Then 5&33 nearby Central Station is a true recommendation. All the dishes are prepared in a authentically Sicilian way
The best friday after work drinks in town:
* Check our blog with 14 x the best vrijmibos in Amsterdam!
We have many more lists! Check them here >>
– Whenever you think that all the festivals have passed by, you know it’s time for Magneet Festival. Traditionally during the second weekend of September and on their regular place at Zeeburgereiland.
– This weekend it’s also time for Betoncentrale festival. As usual you’ll find their good techno and house this Saturday up in North!
– The very last edition of Festimi is celebrated this Sunday from 12.000 hours onwards!
– Do you want to say goodbye to the festival summer the extensive way? Make it a weekender and go to Into The Woods festival. The last weekend festival of summer!
– In Amsterdam-East it’s time for the annual street festival of the Czaar Peterstraat. That means good food, drinks, shopping and other entertainment at Czaar Peterfestival.
– In Amsterdam-North it’s time for the IJ-Hallen, the biggest flea market of Europe
– And Lola Luid! in New-West is totally up and running and ready for your shopping spree.
– Adventures, tips and bloopers about traveling. You’ll read all about it in my books Wanderlust and The Amsterdam City Guide. You don’t have a copy yet? They’re sold at my favourite concept stores: Hutspot, YAY, Hartje Oost, All The Luck In The World, Pluk, Toon, MaisonNL, Ninour, Restored and Mendo!
– The Amstelpark is transformed into one big market with local products during the Pure Market this Sunday.
– Refreshing your wardrobe without spending money? Café de Ceuvel makes it possible during De Waslijn Kledingruilmarkt this Sunday. Here you can swap clothes!
– And of course there are many other shops on the blog. Check them here >>
– The super cool art works of the Danish photographer Søren Solkaer is exposed at gallery Vroom&Varossieau. Until October 9 you can check the works of the biggest and most iconic street artists during ‘Surface’.
– At the Hallen you can still see the photography exposition Face The Dutch. This is an exhibition of contemporary Dutch photography. At Beeldend Gesproken gallerie until November 15!
– The art works of Banksy (December 31) and Andy Warhol (October 1) are still here for a while. They’re waiting for you in the MOCO museum!
– You want more Banksy? In the Beurs of Berlage you can check out The Art Of Banksy until September 30!
– And another cultural recommendation is Rhythm & Roots in the Tropenmuseum! From jazz to salsa, from hiphop to rock-‘n-roll, this expo takes along on a musical trip. Until October 30!
– At ClubUp it’s time for the after of Betoncentrale this Saturday!
– But also on Friday you can go dancing at ClubUp during Hotel Quartet!
– Supperclub kicks off the weekend with a whole new concept during Friyay. Beats are served by Mickey Nice!
– Have you also heard our Happy Weekend Playlists? Check our playlists here! >>
Watch more travel vlogs on YOURLBB.TV! Perfect for a lazy weekend morning ;-).