Amsterdam Weekend Guide for September 7, 8 and 96 September 2018
23 tips for this weekend in the amsterdam weekend guide
Sbah el-khir! I hear you thinking ‘What’s that?!’. Well, as we speak I’m in Marrakech, so I’m trying to speak a little bit of the local language here ;-). And I can assure you, if you ever get the chance to visit this city: GO FOR IT! It’s such a beautiful city, with so many great spots, restaurants and views. So to be completely honest, I’m not really feeling that bad to not be in Amsterdam this weekend… but that’s not because the lack of things to do! It’s recommended to stop by Blijburg aan Zee before they’re closing, and this weekend they also have a great party there. In the Amstel Hotel is the Vondel Disco and in the Oosterpark is a tropical party. And that’s just the beginning of all of our tips!
Do you already have plans for the weekend? Here’s a brand new weekend guide for you including 23 tips that you definitely will want to check out. Because… plans are always bound to change! Have fun with the tips from the Amsterdam Weekend Guide for August 31, September 1 and 2.
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
23 tips for things to do this weekend in Amsterdam
- This weekend is perhaps the last weekend that we can visit a festival… like ZeeZout for example! Another reason to go here is that it’s one of the last events being held at Blijburg aan Zee. Check the Facebook event here.
- More green in your home? Visit the pop-up store by Green Lifestyle up until September 30th! Read our blog here >> Do you want to win a gift card for the pop-up? Check out the competition on Instagram here.
- And if you can, go back to Blijburg aan Zee on Sunday, to visit Parels van de Stad. Lots of artists are performing, such as Broederliefde, Bokoesam, Jonna Fraser, Maan and many more. Nice! Click here for the complete line up and info.
- YES, this will always be one of the more special locations in the city: the Vondel Disco is in the Amstel Hotel this Friday! Unfortunately it’s all sold out, but try your luck on Ticket Swap. Check the Facebook event here.
- At the Openluchttheater Vondelpark they’re in Latin vibes on Sunday at the Summer Breeze Latin Festival. The entire day is full of dancing and you can participate in workshops, watch dancing shows and enjoy the live music! Check the Facebook event here.
- Want to go to an exclusive glamour party on the 21st floor? Then go to The Penthouse this Friday. Read all about this rooftop party here >>
- The inhabitants of Amsterdam East are celebrating a tropical party in the Oosterpark on Saturday: Tropisch Oost. You’ll find market stalls, food trucks, music and lots of tropical hangouts. Click here for the Facebook event.
- The Pure Markt in in the Amstelpark this Sunday. 75 entrepreneurs will be welcoming you with food and drinks to take home, or to go have a picknick. They have a carousel for the kids. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Oysters on Saturday, YUM! And at Rayleigh & Ramsay they also only cost one euro. And of course it’s well-known that you can drink some fantastic wines with that at this spot… Check the Facebook event here.
- Wanna go for a cultural trip? Then go to the Moco Museum! They’re having an exposition by Icy and Sot. These Iranian street artists are nicknamed the ‘Banksy of Iran’. Definitely recommended! TIP: If you buy your tickets online and use the code freeposter you’ll get a free poster to take home worth € 25,-! Check out the site for all the info.
- Check: these 6 movies are the ones you want to see in theaters this September >>
- Completely sold out, but with a little luck you can score a ticket via Ticket Swap… this is in any case a party you don’t want to miss! Elrow Town Festival is at the NDSM Wharf this Saturday and it’s bound to be a chaotic, colorful mess. Click here for the Facebook event.
- TIP: Go to Happyhappyjoyjoy and taste the new Rainbao’s there! These bao buns can be ordered in seven joyful colours >>
- Rooftop bars are FUN! Agree? Then go to Nemo, that is open till 9PM every evening this summer and has free entrance. Extra tip: go on a Thursday evening, because they have some live music as well. Nice! Read our blog about it here >>
- Craving a movie night? These 8 x Netflix movies and series are the ones you want to see >>
- At DOK Amsterdam they will have a nice food festival again on Sunday: the Bollywood & Indian Food Festival. And besides tasty food they also have Bollywood dance areas, and lots of activities for the kids. Check the Facebook event with all the info here.
- It’s DJ Michel de Heys birthday and he’s celebrating it at Thuishaven on Sunday. As always the pre-sale is sold out, but also as always they still have 300 tickets at the door! So be there on time. Click here for the Facebook event.
- The Tropenmuseum has another great exposition, named Things That Matter. As the name already suggests, they’re exhibiting personal belongings that matter a lot to different kinds of people. This differs per culture for example, and it gives an interesting image of people. Check our blog on this exposition here >>
- Salsa fans, gather around! At Bar Botanique it’s Salsa te Gusta Saturday. You can join in at workshops (both beginners as advanced), but from 11.30PM the dance floor is open for all and you can go all out. Click here for the Facebook event with more info.
- A lot has been written about it already, and the reviews are not really consistent. But of course the best thing to do is go see it for yourself! I’m talking about the Blind Date show in the DeLaMar Theater with exes Katja Schuurman and Thijs Römer. There are still tickets available for several shows. Check the Facebook event for the schedule and tickets.
- Have you already been here? An exposition by Van Der Laan De Mooiste Stad in the Amsterdam Museum! Check the Facebook event here with more info.
- Indonesian food-lovers: have you already been to the Kopstootbar? Indo spot Mister Makan is taking over their kitchen and is serving a tasty pop-up menu! Check the Facebook event for the complete menu and more info.
- Would you like to stay up to date of all the spots that are opening soon? Then keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list.
AND MAKE SURE TO NOT FORGET THESE TIPS…
- Do you also have a hard time keeping them apart, the Negen Straatjes? Check the 9 x Hotspots in the Huidenstraat here!
- Are you panning on crashing down on a terrace this weekend, but don’t know which one to pick? Click here for our list with the 9 x Best terraces in the city centre of Amsterdam!
- Do you feel like having a quiet weekend? Check out the 8 x Netflix series and movies you want to have seen!
- Don’t have any inspiration on what to do? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 58 things you’d want to have done at least once in your life!
- Tip: We have many more lists! Check them here >>
PSSSST… MEER (REIS)TIPS VIND JE IN MIJN (NIEUWE) BOEKEN!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide voor een bohemian lifestyle (nieuw in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides en shortlists voor een vakantie dicht bij huis (nieuw in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Nederlands) & The Amsterdam City Guide (Engels)
- Get our
- Amsterdam app
- With over 800 hotspots nearby
Now on Yourlbb.tv
It’s burger time! These are the 22 best spots to eat burgers in Amsterdam.
It’s burger time! These are the 22 best spots to eat burgers in Amsterdam.
From wine festivals to yard sales. This weekend is looking to be very promising again!
Are you going to Ibiza this summer or do you have friends who are? Then