Autumn has officially begun! And that means it’s time to make every effort for a wonderful fall. For all the shopaholics among us that means a new wardrobe as well ;-) And this weekend is the perfect occasion for that. Not only are there a lot of markets in the city, it’s also time to celebrate National Glamour Day this Saturday. The best part: especially for this annual celebration the pop-up of the Glamour Concept Store opens this weekend. And guess what they sell there? My books! HOW COOL! I love the Glamour Concept Store and now my books are sold there, can somebody pinch me please? So if you’re in need of a new wardrobe, want to make your interior winter proof or eager for some inspiration, make sure you visit the Glamour Concept Store in the Rosmarijnsteeg 10!. And of course the weekend as much more to offer. Read on and discover the best new hotspots and fun to do’s in this Amsterdam Weekend Guide >> Enjoy!
YOURLBB.TV tip: Now that autumn has officially begun, it’s time to start fighting against the winter depression by means of precaution. My best remedy? A city trip! One of my favourite trips of last year is Tel Aviv! Check the Tel Aviv City Guide in the video below and get inspired for your fall trip!
PS: every Friday around 11:45 you can listen live to the Amsterdam Weekend Guide on Amsterdam FM!
– Three lists to make the weekend even more fun:
>> 3 x the best designer vintage addresses to shop in Amsterdam
>> 31 x these are the parties you don’t want to miss during ADE
>> 10 x daydream away with these wonderful parks inspired by New York’s highline
– Time for your first culinary night party this Saturday! During Côte de Boeuf & Lobster Night of The Roast Room & Visaandeschelde you can dine & dance from 22.00 to 05.00 hours.
– Great news! The now location of Vinnies is now open at the Scheldestraat.
– They already did their soft launch and now it’s time for the official opening. This Friday Café Amoi celebrates their opening on the Kinkerstraat with ice cold Bintang beers, G&T’s and a lot more. Feel free to join from 22.00 hours onwards (check the image in the header to get warmed up)
– Poulets & Frites Amsterdam is open in the Rivierenbuurt! Homemade fries, apple sauce and chicken for take out!
– Bret celebrates their own version of the Oktoberfest during OktoBretfest x Bierfestival!
– Ding dong! Already the second round of Zilte Zondag at Razmataz. Oysters for only 1 euro!
The best vrijmibo’s in town:
* Check our blog with 14 x the best Friday After Work drinks in Amsterdam!
Three delicious foodie lists for a very tasty weekend:
>> 7 x the best lunches nearby Central Station
>> 10 x the most delicious student bites in Amsterdam
>> 8 x the best Chef’s Table where you want to eat tonight
We have many more lists! Check them here >>
– Do you know that more than one in three Dutch households has a Buddha statue at home? This and more interesting fun facts are exposed at the newest exhibition of the Tropenmuseum: The Buddha. During your visit you discover all about Buddhism all over the world. Until January 29 2017!
– What about a weekend getaway? We went to the Efteling a few weeks ago and had the best time in all the rides!
– Is it difficult for you to clean your head? During the Inner Peace Conference this weekend you’ll learn the best tips, tricks and inspiration for less stress and more inner peace.
– YES! This Saturday it’s time for the annual National Glamour Day. Not only can you shop with discount at many stores, my books are available as well at the pop up of the Glamour Concept Store. SO COOL!
– At YOURLBB we love vintage designer bags and in this new blog we tell you all about our favourite store to shop vintage bags from Chanel to Céline! Discover this L’étoile de Saint Honoré here.
– Besides the Glamour Concept Store you also find Wanderlust and De Amsterdam City Guide of course also at Hutspot, YAY, Hartje Oost, All The Luck In The World, Pluk, Toon, MaisonNL, Ninour, Restored en Mendo!
– More shopping pleasure at the OBEY x Patta distribution sample sale FW16 this Friday and Saturday!
– Also the IJ-Hallen are back this weekend!
– And at Westergasfabriek it’s time for the Sunday Market.
– Plus more market fun at the Local Goods Market in De Hallen.
– And of course there are many other shops on the blog. Check them here >>
– Last call! This Friday it’s the very last day of The Art of Banksy in the Beurs van Berlage!
– But don’t worry! More Banksy you find at the MOCO museum until December 31!
– The new season of Vincent on Friday in collaboration with The Creators Project in the Van Gogh museum starts this Friday. You can experience the last 48 hour of Van Gogh’s life.
– The super cool art works of the Danish photographer Søren Solkaer is exposed at gallery Vroom&Varossieau. Until October 9 you can check the works of the biggest and most iconic street artists during ‘Surface’.
– At the Hallen you can still see the photography exposition Face The Dutch. This is an exhibition of contemporary Dutch photography. At Beeldend Gesproken gallerie until November 15!
– And another cultural recommendation is Rhythm & Roots in the Tropenmuseum! From jazz to salsa, from hiphop to rock-‘n-roll, this expo takes along on a musical trip. Until October 30!
– You can dance the night away during Next Monday’s Hangover in the Marktkantine this Friday!
– Welcome To The Future returns to Paradiso for one more time. And you know what that means: PARTAY!
– Hip hop, hip hop and more hip hop during A Tribe Called Roest this Saturday at Roest!
– Have you also heard our Happy Weekend Playlists? Check our playlists here! >>
Watch more travel vlogs on YOURLBB.TV! Perfect for a lazy weekend morning ;-).
Anne de Buck