Weekend tips for october 23, 24 & 25
YAY! Weekend in Amsterdam! It’s so good to be back with all my friends and of course my lover. The three weeks in New York have flown by! The first hotspots are already in the guide, you can check them here. This weekend I’m going to relax and recover from my jetlag and I think that some of you also are feeling the same after Amsterdam Dance Event :-) Cafe De Ceuvel will be transformed in a spa and at Tolhuistuin is a yoga festival, perfect! Are you more in the mood for a shopping spree? There are enough cool markets and boutiques to visit. You can read all about it in this Weekend Guide. And did you read our new blog with 13 hotspots at the Van Woustraat yet? >> Enjoy your weekend!
Tip: subscribe to Yourlbb.tv so you don’t miss a video!
PS: listen to Amsterdam FM for my personal tips from the Amsterdam Weekend Guide. Live, every Friday, at 11.45!
– Visit De Hallen for the Local Goods Weekend Market for fashion, design & a lot of food… this edition is all about food!
– Sunday you can visit Park Frankendael and taste great food, at one of our favourite food markets: Pure Markt!
– The yearly PINT Bokbierfestival is starting this Friday! This is the biggest beer festival of the Netherlands with beer… a lot of beer! Learn all about the Dutch beer culture during this 3-day festival at the Beurs van Berlage.
– Are you a real chocolate fan? Go to Origin Chocolate Event this Saturday! Meet the chocolate makers and participate in very special chocolate tastings, with for example rum and chocolate!
– YAY: the W Hotel is officially open this weekend. Curious about Mr Porter? Watch the video here!
– We love these places for Friday afterwork drinks!:
* Check our list with 10 Friday afterwork drinks spots in Amsterdam!
* Pllek is always a good idea for Feeling Friday.
* SoSo Lobi at Waterkant is highly recommended for summer vibes, beer and roti!
Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier :-)
* 30 restaurants in the city center
* 17 nicest breakfast spots in town
* 14 healthy hotspots we love
* 48 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 18 cocktail bars in Amsterdam
Check the blog for more lists! >>
– Come and visit the cool Street Art Market in Radion in Amsterdam West. For affordable prices you can buy some very special items!
– North is hot this weekend! This Sunday you can participate in the Yoga Festival in de Tolhuistuin! The most famous yoga teachers from all over the world come here to teach. Don’t forget to buy a ticket!
– Saturday and Sunday it is time to hunt for some good bargains at the flea market in the IJhallen.
– Which other cool markets can you also visit this fall? Check here the list of all the cool markets not to miss this fall!
– We made a video with our favourite shopping spots in the Utrechtsestraat & De Pijp. Read the blog here or watch the video below.
– Or do you feel like shopping for vintage items? Check our blog with 11 vintage stores in Amsterdam.
– Do you want to go shopping in the centre of Amsterdam? Skip the Kalverstraat and go shopping at the cute boutiques and concept stores right in the city centre.
– A new exhibition has opened at the Tropenmuseum: The Sixties! Fashion, design, music, architecture and photographs from the 60’s are exposed.
– A must visit: Magnum Contact Sheets at Foam! With the use of original contact sheets and vintage prints you can see how iconic pictures were made (until December 9).
– Van Gogh goes hand in hand with Munch during Munch: Van Gogh at Van Gogh Museum from September 25 until January 17.
– At the Oude Kerk you can visit the exhibition: Pride Photo Award. The results from the yearly international photo contest about sexual and gender diversity are shown here untill this Sunday.
– For the fashionista’s among us: there’s a expo the Tassenmuseum: Black and White: the dresscode of a life time a must see! Where black and white bags are the main focus (until January 3, 2016).
– DJ Italo Johnson is playing Saturday all night long in Studio 80 during All Night Long!
– Get into the Halloween atmosphere at Fucking Pop Queers XL Halloween. The dress code for this party in Paradiso is Aliens, Munster’s, Zombies & Vampires.
– Up for some good weekend music? Every weekend we make a new playlist on Spotify! Check our playlists here >>
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
Amsterdam Light festival
The Amsterdam Light Festival 2023/2024 are now on sale!More info & tickets »
Rent a bike!
Do you want to see a lot in a short time? Rent a bike and discover the city in a day.Rent a bike here »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »