HELLO WEEKEND! This weekend it’s finally time for the Amsterdam Dance Event 2017. No idea where the best parties are this weekend? Check our list with our favourite parties. No fan of ADE? No problem. Even though you’d almost think that there are no other events, because our timeline is obviously filled with ADE events, there are many other fun things to do this weekend. Think of chocolate exhibitions, cooking workshops and sunday (hangover) brunches. Fun! Check out all our tips for this weekend in the Amsterdam Weekend Guide for October 20, 21 and 22. Have fun! TIP: We just added new addresses to our Amsterdam City Guide app! With 700 of the best addresses we’ve collected during 5 years of Your Little Black Book our app will guide you to only the best places in town. From lunch spots to neighborhood guides, restaurants and a nearby map search so you can always find a spot close by. Available for iOS and Android, for only € 3,49. I really hope you like this new extension of Your Little Black Book!
- It’s finally time for ADE 2017! But all night dancing on an empty stomach is of course a bad idea. That’s why we’ve listed the nicest restaurants for ADE, which are close to the most popular clubs, to go to with friends. Because yes, a good start is half the work ;-)
- Yay! At our favourite hotspot The Walrus & The Carpenter you can go to Happy Oyster Hour this Saturday and Sunday. Oysters for €1,- between 5 PM and 6 PM.
- This Sunday it’s time again for Rauwe Zondag at MOER. Live music, Magnum wines for €5,- per glass and delicious raw bites. Sounds good!
- The Amsterdam Dance Event of course means long nights and deadly mornings. Therefore, Herengracht Restaurant-Bar organises Hangover Breakfast this Friday until monday October 23: a hearty breakfast to regain your strengths for the best ADE parties. For €15,- you’ll get Eggs Benedict (with ham, salmon or spinach) & a Bloody Mary. Just what we need this weekend ;-)
- This Sunday there’s also Sunday Market at ADE Hangover on the NDSM wharf to relax after all the heavy partying. Think of food trucks, hottubs, a massage tent, juice bar and various DJs and bands. Not bad!
- There are even more options agianst your ADE hangover this Sunday. You can also go to the ADE Brunch at Tosti Creative in the Van Wou. Relax with a Bloody Mary and a grilled sandwich for €10,-, this will help us with our hangover Sunday!
- It doesn’t stop, because at Bar Spek you can also go for Boozy Brunch Sunday. On Sunday October 22, after al the partying of the last couple of days, you can enjoy a large pile of Pancakes. Huevos Rancheros or a Fully Loaded Spek Breakfast. And for €6,- you’ll drink a Bloody Mary or Mimosa with it, YUM.
- Didn’t go to any ADE parties but would like to have brunch? At MR PORTER you can enjoy a festive brunch this weekend, with lots of champagne and DJs with nice tunes that ensure that little extra. Ps: don’t forget to make a reservation via firstname.lastname@example.org ;-)
- Oeh-la-la so many great food places have opened their doors over the past few weeks. We are still very busy visiting them all for a full report, but have you been to these new hotspots yet?
PS: Did you already see our travel video about Nusa Lembongan on YOURLBB.TV?
Do you want to know which restaurants will open soon? Keep an eye on our new ‘Coming Soon’ section! We just added new places to the blog.
Do you tend to often hang out in your own neighbourhood during the weekend? We get you! But Amsterdam is so diverse that it’s nice to try to discover another part of the city too and that’s why we updated some of our favourite street blogs for you!
- Tip: We have a lot more fun lists! Check them here >>
- This weekend is the KLIK Amsterdam Animation Festival. In the EYE Filmmuseum everything that has been animated is celebrated. From feature films to compilations of short animated films, premieres, lectures, workshops and master classes. Ps: for the kids there is a special program on Sunday with short animation films and nice hands-on creative activities!
- Beer lover? Come this Saturday October 21 to Brouwerij TROOST at the Westergasterrein for an interesting tour. Discover how beer is made and afterwards have a beer with snacks!
- Or more a chocolate fan? (Who isn’t ;-)) Then visit the exhibition Bitter Chocolate Stories in the Beurs van Berlage at the Damrak. From October 13 until November 22 2017 you can find out everything about chocolate in this exhibition of Tony’s Chocolonely.
- More good news for the chocolate lovers among us! The Origin Chocolate Event will take place this Saturday at the Kit Royal Tropical Institute. There will be special presentations, debates and of course chocolate tastings…
- This Friday Labyrinth Black Achievement Rhyhtm & Poetry is held in Labyrinth. Be surprised by rap spoken words and music from Carribean young artists from 9 PM until 10 PM. Ps: don’t forget to order a cocktail, because Labyrinth has been nominated for the best cocktail bar 2017!
- Good news for vegetarians and vegans who love Indian food! On Saturday October 22 there is a cooking workshop with focus on plant based Indian food. Learn at Chandan K. Mehta how to cook the best Indian vegan and vegetarian dishes. Nice!
- Did you have an expensive holiday and need to watch your money? These 13 things in Amsterdam cost nothing and are actually fun to do at least once!
- No idea what to do today? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you should have done at least once in your life in Amsterdam!
- Planning a movie date? These are the nicest movies to watch this month! From scary clowns to an actual cat documentary.
- This weekend on Saturday October 21 and Sunday October 22 the very first Lekker Bikes Amsterdam Garage Sale is held! With great bicycle deals and discounts ánd unlimited ‘stroopwafels’ ;-) I also bike on a Lekker Bike bike and I can definitely recommend the bike!
- Save the date for a shopping spree at Batavia Stad Fashion Outlet during the ‘Dutch Delight’ VIP Event! From October 26 to 29 you can shop with extra discount up to 20%. Have a look at this blogpost to learn all about the participating brands.
- This Sunday it’s time for the first edition of the Unique Designer Sale in the District Urban Gallery. Score items from Gucci, Chloe, Celine, Jimmy Choo and more with discounts up to 80%!
- In need of more designer clothes? ;-) This Sunday you can go shop designer clothes, eat food and have drinks at the Museum Market October edition at the Museum Square. Nice!
- Can’t you get enough of the beautiful concept stores in Amsterdam? If you’re looking for a nice gift for someone else or for yourself: there is always something nice or cute to find in a concept store. That’s why we listed our favourite concept stores to shop the most beautiful items.
- Want a new wardrobe for Autumn? Then go to Essentiel, one of our favourite shops in Amsterdam! The new Fall / Winter 2017 collection is all about miracles and fairy tales. Mythical figures and heroines can be seen in the prints of the clothes, but also in the accessories, like bags, sjawls and jewelry. How nice!
- HELLO FALL FASHION! We listed our 8 favourite fall fashion trends that we spotted in New York. In this blog, we explain how we, without spending too much money, went on a shopping spree to Batavia Stad Fashion Outlet and tripled our budget by shopping with discounts up to 70% at shops such as: Scotch & Soda, Fred de la Bretonière, Summum Woman, Tommy Hilfiger, Denham, Calvin Klein, America Today, Shabbies Amsterdam, G-Star Raw and Samsonite. Check out all the brands at Batavia Stad Outlet via this link. Tip: From Amsterdam Central Station, a shopping shuttlebus runs to Batavia Stad Fashion Outlet every day.
Too comfortable on your couch to leave the house during these rainy days? Then you can just shop for a new wardrobe at one of these webshops: MANGO, ZALANDO, NET-A-PORTER, ASOS, SCOTCH & SODA and HUNKEMÖLLER.
- Until January 2019 you can go to the exhibition Fashion Cities Africa at the Tropenmuseum. At this new exhibition in the Tropenmuseum, fashion scenes in four major African cities are central: Casablanca, Johannesburg, Nairobi and Lagos. Many fashion designers, bloggers and stylists from these cities have become popular on social media worldwide.
- Besides that, the new (permanent) exhibition Heden van het Slavernijverleden will also be displayed in the Tropenmuseum from October 6. With their exhibition Heden van het slavernijverleden, the Tropenmuseum wants to make the visitor aware of the current legacy of slavery and colonialism in the Netherlands. Slavery and the stories of the slaves are part of a joint, shared and black-and-white past. A past that co-forms and influences Dutch society.
- Great news! The exhibition Banksy – Laugh Now in the Moco Museum has been extended until 31 may 2018. On the ground floor you can go to Banksy: Laugh Now. About 50 works can be seen here from the street art legend, and you have to see it at least once. It’s the first time in history that there’s an exhibition with the work of Banksy. You can also go to the beautiful exhibition of Salvador Dalí. 28 years ago one of the most famous artists died and his most iconic work as for example the melting clocks and tables with ‘high heels’ are ready to be seen at the Moco Museum.
Our newest lists
- Until January 28 you can go to the exhibition Accessories are a Girl’s Best Friend in Tassenmuseum Hendrikje. In this new exhibiton the most remarkable pieces of the Rijksmuseum’s accessory collection are shown. Including parasols, umbrellas, hats, hair accessories, sjawls, gloves, shoes and stockings. These hidden fashion treasures are usually stored in the Rijksmuseum depot, but from September 16 2017 until January 28 2018 you can see them in Tassenmuseum Hendrikje.
- Do you need more inspiration? Check out the other 13 exhibitions in Amsterdam of this month.
- There are so many fun Amsterdam Dance Event parties and we’ve listed them all for you. Check them here and go to as many parties as possible with your friends ;-)
- YES! Saturday October 21 is the Dockyard Daytime Festival ADE 2017. Dance to the hits of innovative techno and techno-house artists in four large heated tents in the famous Dockyard style. We can’t wait…
- For this Friday October 20 there are still tickets available for Into the Woods ADE Weekender on the NDSM Wharf. Expect intense impulses and excessive creativity at this wild party.
- Saturday October 21 JACK Amsterdam will give a preview of their new club in this JACK ADE Special. The line-up consists of BLACK: STAR, Milton Bradley, Shinedoe, Juliet Fox, Esther Duijn and LUPE. We are excited ;-)
- Sunday October 22 you can close your ADE weekend in Paradiso with Lotgenoten ADE w/ Louie Vega, Joey Negro, Francios K & more. With both foreign and local artists, this promises to be a beautiful ADE closure.
- 21 x the nicest clubs in Amsterdam to go to every weekend.
If you’d ask me, the weekend is the perfect moment to play your next trip. Did you already check out these travel/city guides on Your Little Black Book?
- One of our favourite destinations is Berlin! Have you ever been? We listed the best tips for you in our city guide. Check them here and get inspired.
- We can’t wait to go to a sunny destination like Tenerife! Check the travel guide here and book your flight tickets ;-)
- Feel like discovering the adventurous Brazil? Check our travel guide for the best tips.
- Curious what it’s like to release baby sea turtles in Sri Lanka? Check our video on YOURLBB.TV!