Amsterdam Weekend Guide for October 12, 13 and 1411 October 2018
23 tips for this weekend in the amsterdam weekend guide
Are you as fond of weekend getaways in Autumn as I am? If so, my book STAYCATION should definitely be in your collection! And did you know that we’ve got over 40 city guides on Your Little Black Book with lots of tips for the best cities? This week YourLBB’s Wieke will be in London for an update of the guide and I’m de-stressing in Limburg. Not in Maastricht this time, but just a little outside and I love to be completely disconnected from everything over there.
Are you in Amsterdam this weekend? Maybe you’d like to grab a movie in the movie theater, because this month lots of great movies are premiering. Or perhaps finally plan that visit to the museum which you keep postponing? Every month we make a list with the newest expositions so let yourself get inspired to discover something new in Amsterdam. Do you already have plans for the weekend?
Have fun with the tips from the Amsterdam Weekend Guide for October 12, 13 and 14.
TIP: Did you already subscribe to our newsletter, so you’ll get the weekend guide in your inbox every week?
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
PS: It has been a little quiet with the blogs on Travelkids.co (something to do with a book deadline) but the blog is back! Are you watching? You can also follow the adventures with the little family behind the scenes through Instagram!
23 tips FOR THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND IN Amsterdam
- From October 10 up until October 14 the PAFF is in Amsterdam, also known as the Parool Amsterdam Film Festival. The newest movies will be premiered there. And furthermore there are talkshows, readings and music. Nice! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Yes we’re back from San Francisco! Curious as to what the city is like? Check the 18 x Things to do in San Francisco here >>
- Beer, bok sausages, sauerkraut and of course lederhosen… this weekend on Saturday and Sunday you can visit the Boktoberfest at De Prael! So better start practicing on your German Schlager music knowledge ;-). Check the Facebook event here.
- Brazilian vibes at Pllek this Saturday at their Brazilian Beatroots. So dance the night away with your samba moves (or an attempt to)! Click here for the Facebook event.
- TIP: Want to get away for the weekend? Check the 10 x Tips for a city trip to Marseille here >>\
- Nice: the WijnSpijs walk through the Haarlemmerbuurt. Get to know the neighborhood a little better while stopping by the best spots for a drink and something to eat. A great way to close off your weekend on Sunday, and they’re stopping by some of the best hotspots! Check out which one by clicking on the Facebook event.
- Are you on a tight budget? Check out these 27 x Budget restaurants in Amsterdam that are also one of the best >>
- Are you a fan of art? If so, the Annual Art Fair in the World Fashion Center might be just the thing for you this weekend. Over 150 artists from over ten different countries all over the world will be showing visitors their art. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Are the dates of the Amsterdam Light Festival already marked in your agenda? You’ll read it all about it here >>
- Nice; the duo show of Howard Komproe and Rayen Panday this Sunday in Toomler. There’s always a relaxed vibe in Toomler and what’s also a big plus; you can order drinks during the entire show! Kind of like a bar night, but much more funny ;-). Click here for the Facebook event.
- Also a nice way to close your weekend: the Sunday roast at Maris Piper. A brunch that’s all about the Beef Wellington, YUM. They’re also serving a four course menu with several cocktails en great wines. Check the Facebook event for more info.
- Oktoberfest is taking over Amsterdam bit by bit! Check the 6 x Spots where you’re celebrating Oktoberfest in Amsterdam this year >>
- The Pure Market is also back again this Sunday, at this time it’s in the Amstelpark. For the kids there’s a merry-go-round, for the adults tasty bites and wines from small entrepreneurs. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Also on Saturday you can score some oysters for a euro, at Rayleigh & Ramsay. Every Saturday they have a huge supply of oysters, so you better start thinking which wine you’re going to have with it – you have the option of over 100 different kinds. Click here for the Facebook event.
- The Sunday Market is present this weekend at the completely renewed Rokin. TIP: Go for a coffee (or a glass of wine of course) at Nacarat, which has a nice view over the Rokin! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Are you a lover of tartar? Then go to Razmataz this Sunday, where it’s all about RAW. You can customize your steak tartare when it comes to sides, toppings and side dishes. Yum! Check the Facebook event here.
- If you’re still looking for a nice pop-up spot, check out Sergeant Pepper at the Kopstootbar. All sorts of curries and a three course menu for €18,50. Good to know: they have lots of vegan options. Check out the Facebook event for more info.
- Looking for a fun pop-up spot? Definitely check Sergeant Pepper at the Kopstootbar. A variety of curries and a 3 course menu for €18,50. Tip: they have multiple vegan options. Check the Facebook event for more info.
- Let’s get Spanish! This Sunday at The Seafood Bar it’s time for Paella! Can’t make it this Sunday? No worries, this theme will go on for a while on every Sunday to come. Check the Facebook event here for more info!
- The Tropenmuseum also has a nice exposition, namely Things That Matter. As the night already suggests, they’re having an exposition about things that have personal matter to all kinds of people. This differs for example per culture and it gives an interesting view of how people differ. Check out our blog on this exposition here >>
- LAST CHANCE! Have you already been here? Exposition by Van Der Laan De Mooiste Stad in the Amsterdam Museum! Check out the site for more info.
- THEATERTIP: Rundfunk in De Meervaart. Chances are that you have seen the clip from the German teacher (“Onvoldoende!”) and now they have their own theatre show. Check the Facebook event, there’s a show on Saturday.
- Would you like to stay up to date of all the spots that are opening soon? Keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list!
AND MAKE SURE TO NOT FORGET THESE TIPS…
- We LOVE the Heinekenplein! Check out these 12 x Hotspots on and around the Heineken Square!
- Is the Jordaan more your style? Then check out these 12 x Hotspots at the Westerstraat and Noordermarkt!
- Planning a week(end) away? Take a look at these 10 x Hotspots in Ibiza City!
- Heb je zin in een rustig weekend? Check hier de 8 x Netflix series en films die je wil hebben gezien!
- Zin om eens iets anders te doen in Amsterdam, maar weet je niet wat? Check onze Amsterdam Bucketlist met 58 dingen die je tenminste een keer in je leven een keer gedaan moet hebben!
Tip: We hebben nog véél meer leuke lijstjes! Check ze hier >>
PSSSST… YOU CAN FIND MORE (TRAVEL) TIPS IN MY BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle (new in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a vacation close to home (new in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Dutch) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)
- Get our
- Amsterdam app
- With over 800 hotspots nearby
Now on Yourlbb.tv
Go skiing in Les Menuires in Les Trois Vallées!
Go skiing in Les Menuires in Les Trois Vallées!
Are you secretly feeling those Spring vibes with all this sunny weather we’ve been having
Up for a day at the beach? These are the best beach clubs in The