Weekend tips for November 6, 7 & 8
YES, weekend! And that means it’s finally time for one of my favourite events of the year: Museum Night! Did you buy your ticket yet? We listed our 7 favourite museum’s in Amsterdam with exhibitions. Do you feel like strolling through the city this weekend? Visit the Rozengracht at the Jordaan area which is full of cool foodie spots and shops. Or check one of the just opened hotspots in Amsterdam like Foodsy. This is a restaurant without staff!
PS: is your birthday coming up and do you need a cool spot to celebrate? We listed 23 cool spots for a cool b-day party! >> Happy weekend!
Tip: subscribe to Yourlbb.tv so you don’t miss a video!
PS: listen to Amsterdam FM for my personal tips from the Amsterdam Weekend Guide. Live, every Friday, at 11.45!
– Yeah: Dim Sum Now opened last week! Dim Sum to eat-in and for take out!
– Blijburg Aan Zee organises a party this Saturday because they found a permanent location! This will be celebrated at the Blijburg Openingsbal with music and acts.
– A very special food concept opens this Thursday: Foodsy! It’s a restaurant without staff. You are cooking, tapping beer and paying the bill yourself.
– Don’t you feel like cooking this weekend? Get delicious and healthy food at Hotspot: DIS!
– What about cocktails this weekend? Check our blog with the coolest cocktail bars in Amsterdam!
– Have a nice brunch at the new and second location of hotspot Bakers and Roasters.
– Do you know what Piadina is? You can try this Italian speciality at Piadina in De Pijp, yumm!
– There’s a new beer spot in town: Taproom!
– This Saturday it’s time for wine tasting at Amsterdam Wijn at the Koepelkerk. There is a selection of 100 different wines. Tip: don’t forget to get tickets!
– We love these places for Friday afterwork drinks!:
* Check our list with 10 Friday afterwork drinks spots in Amsterdam!
* Pllek is always a good idea for Feeling Friday.
* SoSo Lobi at Waterkant is highly recommended for summer vibes, beer and roti!
Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier :-)
* 30 restaurants in the city center
* 17 nicest breakfast spots in town
* 14 healthy hotspots we love
* 47 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 18 cocktail bars in Amsterdam
Check the blog for more lists! >>
– This weekend is all about Museum Night! Get your tickets fast before it’s sold out! Which museum’s are you visiting this Saturday? Read our blog about the 7 favourite museums + the Museum Night programme.
– The Local Goods Weekend Market is this Saturday & Sunday all about great local products, food and drinks!
– Do you need a good workout? Vondelgym is organising Afternoon Sweat Sesh x The Hoxton in The Hoxton Hotel this Saturday!
– TonTon Club will open their doors this Friday at the new location at Westergasterrein. Come and visit for drinks, DJ’s and delicious food.
-The Storytelling Festival is from October 31 until November 8 in Amsterdam. Stories are collected and shared with you. The theme of this year: a journey!
– Vogue has a 48 hour Vogue pop-up store at the Keizersgracht this weekend! Visit this store on Friday & Saturday for Vogue goodies & treatments!
– Looking for cute winter boots, a poncho or a cool backpack? Go to Kiboots at the Utrechtsestraat.
– Shop till you drop this Friday & Saturday at Sample Sale: Herschel Supply Co. & Dr. Denim Jeans.
– Especially for men there’s a new pop-up concept store in town: Pop Up Sharing! With this month several brands with men stuff.
– There are much more cool shops in Amsterdam! Check them here >>
– Do you want to go shopping in De Pijp or the Utrechtsestraat? Check this video for our favourite addresses.
– The Amsterdam Museum has a new cool exhibition: Graffiti: New York Meets the Dam. The exhibition shows graffiti from New York and Amsterdam from the 70 & 80’s.
– A must visit: Magnum Contact Sheets at Foam! With the use of original contact sheets and vintage prints you can see how iconic pictures were made (until December 9).
– Let’s go back to the 60s! At the Tropenmuseum with the The Sixties expo! Fashion, design, music, architecture and photographs from the 60’s are exposed.
– Van Gogh goes hand in hand with Munch during Munch: Van Gogh at Van Gogh Museum from September 25 until January 17.
– From November 7 until 15 you can visit Nachtwerk at Radion. The art installationsfrom Museum Night will be here for the whole week.
Tip: the Persmuseum exist 100 years and to celebrate you can take an extra visitor from November 4 until 11 for free!
– This Friday you can dance at Zwarte Koffie (black coffee) in Paradiso. Without coffee of course, but with nice Funk, Disco and Soul music tunes.
– Do you feel like going to a party after Museum Night? There are cool after parties! Go to Nachtmuseum, the official afterparty of Museumnacht!
– Put on your glitter outfit and roller skates and dance all night long at the Rollerdisco at De Balie!
– Up for some good weekend music? Every weekend we make a new playlist on Spotify! Check our playlists here >>
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
(Private) Canal Cruise
Make a boat tour and enjoy the Amsterdam Light Festival from the water during a cruise on the canals.Tickets from € 16,- >>
This new experience with unique and colourful installations is the Instagram hit of Amsterdam.Book a time slot >>
- Stay -
This trendy hotel with a rooftop, restaurant and club is located in hot and happening Amsterdam East.Check the rates >>
This lifestyle hotel is located on Herengracht in the Canal District and also loved by locals.Check the rates >>
- Deals -
Visit the number one photography museum of Amsterdam for exhibits about contemporary photography.Get tickets for € 12,50 >>
Tulips at Keukenhof
One of the most Instagrammable places in Holland during this season!Get that Insta-photo >>