HELLO WEEKEND! This weekend Sinterklaas arrives in the Netherlands and the winter days have really begun. Secretly we also are excited for the holidays, because despite the cold this time a year brings so much fun with it. from Christmas markets and skating rinks to fun pop-up stores to start your Christmas and Sinterklaas shoppings. This weekend you can also eat tacos at Proefwerk, go to the winter festival Georgie’s Wintergarten or score hippie goodies at the Moderne Hippie Markt at Roest. Fun! Check this and more tips for this weekend in the Amsterdam Weekend Guide for November 17, 18 & 19. Have fun!
TIP: We just added new addresses to our Amsterdam City Guide app! With 700 of the best addresses we’ve collected during 5 years of Your Little Black Book our app will guide you to only the best places in town. From lunch spots to neighborhood guides, restaurants and a nearby map search so you can always find a spot close by. Available for iOS and Android, for only € 3,49. I really hope you like this new extension of Your Little Black Book!
- This Saturday is taco night at Proefwerk, because every Saturday in November you can go to Proefwerk for Tacos, Tequila & Silent Disco. A night ful of Mexican fun! ;-)
- This weekend on November 16, 17 & 18 you can go to the pop-up restaurant Mina Abouzahra of Maria Jobse. From 6:30 PM you can go here for a drink and shop in the special Jobse Abouzahra shop and from 7 PM you can join for a dinner with sweet potato with spicy lemon oil, watercress salad, Rviesa, a cheese platter and mint tea with Moroccan sweets. Book via firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to join for dinner! ;-)
- Attention coffee lovers! This weekend the fourth location of CoffeeConcepts finally opens in West. For your favourite coffee you can now simply go to the Kinkerstraat. Coffee to go please!
- Oeh-la-la so many great food places have opened their doors over the past few weeks. We are still very busy visiting them all for a full report, but have you been to these new hotspots yet?
PS: Did you already see our video with the Stellenbosch South Africa Travel guide on YOURLBB.TV ?
Do you want to know which restaurants will open soon? Keep an eye on our new ‘Coming Soon’ section! We just added new places to the blog.
Do you tend to hang out often in your own neighbourhood during the weekend? We get you! But Amsterdam is so diverse that it’s nice to try to discover another part of the city too and that’s why we updated some of our favourite street blogs for you!
- Tip: We have a lot more fun lists! Check them here >>
- Saturday November 18 from 12 AM till 6 PM the winter festival Georgie’s Wintergarten takes place. At Georgie’s they want to set up a festival where it’s all about sincere and genuine socializing without the noice of digital communication. Phones are not allowed in this edition! ;-) Read more about this special festival in our blog.
- From this Saturday you can go ice skating at the Museumplein again! The ICE Amsterdam skating rink will be back for a new season full of joy until February 4. Time to get your ice skates out of the basement!
- Sinterklaas finally arrives this Sunday! On November 19 it’s already time for the Sinterklaas parade in Amsterdam. Take your sister, neighbour boy or niece with you and watch the parade with over 100 cars and 350 Pieten and of course Sinterklaas ;-)
- This Sunday you can go to the Tropenmuseum for the event Spice it! Jo’burg, about fashion in Johannesburg. Members of The Sartists – a creative collective from the South African city – come to Amsterdam for this event and give the workshop As it Seems, where you’ll make completely new fashion items from old jeans!
- Sunday November 19 the 31th edition of PAN Amsterdam will open in the RAI. Thé place to be for art, antiques and design. As a true art lover you can’t miss this event!
- Saturday November 18 it’s time for the first edition of De Microclub (25+) in De Kring! It starts at 8 PM so you can dance right away to the best electronic music after drinks or dinner!
- This Sunday is the Moderne Hippie Markt in Amsterdam Roest.Here you can look for honest, sustainable, vintage & hippie goodies. Fun! See our blog for more info.
- Sunday from 12 AM till 6 PM it’s time for the Museum Market November edition. On the Museumplein you can shop designer at stalls with beautiful products, good food and drinks and more.
- Did you have an expensive holiday and need to watch your money? These 13 things in Amsterdam cost nothing and are actually fun to do at least once!
- No idea what to do today? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you should have done at least once in your life in Amsterdam!
- Planning a movie date? These are the nicest movies to watch this month! From scary clowns to an actual cat documentary.
- TIP: Until this Sunday you can score the most beautiful jewelry at the Violette Anna Jewellery pop-up. At Violette Anna they have handmade gold jewelry from Amsterdam with diamants and gems. Cool!
- From Friday November 17 until Sunday November 19 is the Scotch & Soda Sample Sale in the World Fashion Centre. At this sample sale they have over 76000 (!) sample garments that all need to be sold ;-) Book your time slot in advance!
- Do you know the sustainable brand Aesthetic Stories already? Until November 22 they have a pop-up store at Lil’ Amsterdam. Their new collection which is made of merino wool had such pretty colours. We’re in love! Read all about this pop-up here.
- It’s November which means we’ll soon be wearing cloves and hats on the bycicle. Good news if you need to stop winter accessories, because Barts has opened 3 pop-up stores in the centre of Amsterdam! You’ll find the stores at Haarlemmerdijk 14, Heiligeweg 18 and Prinsengracht 292. Read about these stores in our new blog.
- Can’t you get enough of the beautiful concept stores in Amsterdam? If you’re looking for a nice gift for someone else or for yourself: there is always something nice or cute to find in a concept store. That’s why we listed our favourite concept stores to shop the most beautiful items.
- Want a new wardrobe for Autumn? Then go to Essentiel, one of our favourite shops in Amsterdam! The new Fall / Winter 2017 collection is all about miracles and fairy tales. Mythical figures and heroines can be seen in the prints of the clothes, but also in the accessories, like bags, sjawls and jewelry. How nice!
- HELLO FALL FASHION! We listed our 8 favourite fall fashion trends that we spotted in New York. In this blog, we explain how we, without spending too much money, went on a shopping spree to Batavia Stad Fashion Outlet and tripled our budget by shopping with discounts up to 70% at shops such as: Scotch & Soda, Fred de la Bretonière, Summum Woman, Tommy Hilfiger, Denham, Calvin Klein, America Today, Shabbies Amsterdam, G-Star Raw and Samsonite. Check out all the brands at Batavia Stad Outlet via this link. Tip: From Amsterdam Central Station, a shopping shuttlebus runs to Batavia Stad Fashion Outlet every day.
- Too comfortable on your couch to leave the house during these rainy days? Then you can just shop for a new wardrobe at one of these webshops: MANGO, ZALANDO, NET-A-PORTER, ASOS, SCOTCH & SODA and HUNKEMÖLLER.
- Until January 2019 you can go to the exhibition Fashion Cities Africa at the Tropenmuseum. At this new exhibition in the Tropenmuseum, fashion scenes in four major African cities are central: Casablanca, Johannesburg, Nairobi and Lagos. Many fashion designers, bloggers and stylists from these cities have become popular on social media worldwide.
- Besides that, the new (permanent) exhibition Heden van het Slavernijverleden will also be displayed in the Tropenmuseum from October 6. With their exhibition Heden van het slavernijverleden, the Tropenmuseum wants to make the visitor aware of the current legacy of slavery and colonialism in the Netherlands. Slavery and the stories of the slaves are part of a joint, shared and black-and-white past. A past that co-forms and influences Dutch society.
- Great news! The exhibition Banksy – Laugh Now in the Moco Museum has been extended until 31 may 2018. On the ground floor you can go to Banksy: Laugh Now. About 50 works can be seen here from the street art legend, and you have to see it at least once. It’s the first time in history that there’s an exhibition with the work of Banksy. You can also go to the beautiful exhibition of Salvador Dalí. 28 years ago one of the most famous artists died and his most iconic work as for example the melting clocks and tables with ‘high heels’ are ready to be seen at the Moco Museum.
YourLBB's newest lists
- Until January 28 you can go to the exhibition Accessories are a Girl’s Best Friend in Tassenmuseum Hendrikje. In this new exhibiton the most remarkable pieces of the Rijksmuseum’s accessory collection are shown. Including parasols, umbrellas, hats, hair accessories, sjawls, gloves, shoes and stockings. These hidden fashion treasures are usually stored in the Rijksmuseum depot, but from September 16 2017 until January 28 2018 you can see them in Tassenmuseum Hendrikje.
- Do you need more inspiration? Check out the other 12 exhibitions in Amsterdam of this month.
- This Friday November 17 is the second edition of Friday Freshness we keepin’ it fresh in the Chin Chin Club. With a fresh mix of Hip Hip, Trap, Old and New school R&B and Future- and Afrobeats this promises to be a great party ;-)
- Saturday November 18 GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS will be held in their new location in the Chicago Social Club. This means dancing to sexy Hip Hop, R&B and fusion tunes with a line-up of, among others: Flava, Washington, Lee Millah, Flokami, and more.
- This Friday is Pllek Gaat Vreemd! Clubben in Sexyland. With a raw, dark underground club in mind, Gebrüder Teichmann will play at Sexyland, and there will be partied until the police pulls the plug…
- Shake your booty this Friday at Coconuts at Bitterzoet. Expect coconuts, lots of fun and the best tunes. The DJs play a danceable and eclectic musical mix for you with Hip Hop, R&B, Afro and Tropical tunes. Chill!
- 21 x the nicest clubs in Amsterdam to go to every weekend.
If you’d ask me, the weekend is the perfect moment to play your next trip. Did you already check out these travel/city guides on Your Little Black Book?
- Have you ever been to Dublin? We listed the best tips for you in our city guide. Check them here and get inspired.
- We can’t wait to go to a sunny destination like Greece! Check the travel guide here and book your flight tickets ;-)
- Sometimes it’s also suprisingly fun to go on a staycation! How about a weekend trip to Rotterdam? Check our city guide for the best tips.
- Curious what it’s like to release baby sea turtles in Sri Lanka? Check our video on YOURLBB.TV!
- Amsterdam Tips -
- Doen -
Amsterdam Light festival
Het Amsterdam Light Festival is terug in 2021 met de mooiste kunstwerken van de afgelopen 10 jaar in Amsterdam Centrum van 2 december tot en met 23 januari. Tip: wacht niet te lang met het kopen van tickets voor de beste time slots!Boek hier je tickets »
Recent verbouwd en absoluut een bezoek waard (zeker met kleine kids).Kaartjes met korting »
Houd je van street art en moderne kunst? Dan is MOCO hét museum dat je wilt bezoeken in Amsterdam, met onder andere werken van Banksy.Tickets met € 2,- korting »
- Deals -
Day-trips with discount
Recognizable? You want to spend a day out in the Netherlands with the kids, but without expensive entrance tickets for the whole family.Discover the deals »
Train City Trips
Going on an international city trip in Europe by train? You can do that from € 20,- for a one-way ticket!Check prices »
Want to escape the Netherlands for a holiday? We got you! Check out all the last-minute deals you should knowCheck all last-minutes »