Weekend inspiration for May 8, 9 and 10
YAY! It’s almost weekend! Can’t wait to share this weekends agenda with you. This Sunday it’s of course Mothers Day. Do you have plans already? Still looking for a nice gift? The brunch & shop tips in this weekend guide will help you out! Go to Strandzuid for some summer vibes: this Friday they open their new and improved beer terras! (and they’re expecting nice weather) More in the mood to stroll around at the market? Go to the Ruigmarkt weekender. Oh and go out and party at the first Vondel Disco of the season. >> Enjoy your Weekend!
PS: if you sign up for the newsletter you get this guide in your inbox every Friday!
Tip: listen to Amsterdam FM for my personal tips from the Amsterdam Weekend Guide. Live at 11.45!
– Before you read any further…. let’s do a check if you already know these 15 new restaurant hotspots in Amsterdam!
– You can also go to the official opening of restaurant Salmuera on the Rozengracht!
– Pop-up hotspot Instock gets a permanant location in Amsterdam! But, until May 17th you can still go to there pop-up restaurant at the the Westergasterrein.
– Friday the 8th of May it’s the official opening of Terpentijn. The bar will open at 17:00 for streetfood, a drink and DJs!
– Check out this new hotspot near Westerpark: Bardot! Nice place to have lunch, dinner or just drinks!
– There’s a new summer hotspot in Amsterdam North. DOK opened the doors last week!
– Good news for lobster lovers: until Sunday the 17th of May it’s all about lobsters at restaurant Remise47. Make sure you don’t mis the Exclusive 2 weeks lobers.
– Tips for a Sunday Brunch on Mothers Day!
* Does your mom loves bloody mary’s & eggs benedict? Then you can take her to new G’s in Amsterdam East! (although the other location in thee Jordaan is still great as well ;-))
* Go shopping at the 9 streets and have lunch at Pluk! This new lunch spot serves healthy (and delicious) sandwiches, salads and smoothies!
* The Breakfast Club has been under construction and is bigger than ever! This weekend they re-open, to buy your mom soms pancakes or a real Englisch breakfast.
* Or choose one of the 9 egg-dishes, pancakes or homemade pastries at Bakers & Roasters in the Pijp!
* When the sun comes out, you should go to Pllek: brunch outside while you’re sitting on one of the cosy picknick tables! Same counts for the Vergulden Eenhoorn: a piece of the countryside in Amsterdam!
– Tips for drinks on Friday!
* SoSo Lobi at Waterkant: the best friday-afternoon drinks in Surinamese style!
* ZAUERKICHEN AFTERWORK at the Westergas-area: great tunes, exotic mini bites and a beautiful location!
* Or check out the renewed Tapmarin at the Van Woustraat
* Bar DK
* The Seafood Bar (tweede locatie)
* Juice Brothers
* De Turk
* Vergulden Eenhoorn
– Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier! Did you check them yet?
* 15 new restaurant hotspots
* 91 new hotspots in West
* 43 restaurants in Amsterdam West
* the best hotspots at the JP Heijestraat
* 48 best terraces in Amsterdam
* 10 summer hotspots
* 20 x the best take-out addresses
* 11 x of the best Italian food
* 12 burger bars you must know
* 17 nicest breakfast spots in town
* 9 x cheese fondue in Amsterdam
* 14 healthy hotspots we love
* 9 cool spots with a fire place
* hotspots in Amsterdam where you can eat gluten free!
* 16 x the best brunch spots
* 15 great bars and cafes in Amsterdam
* 5 spots in Amsterdam for Italian coffee
* 5 favourite hotspots for hot coco
* 36 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 18 best cocktail bars in Amsterdam
* 8 spots for free wifi, good coffee & lunch
* 9 best places to drink G&T’s in Amsterdam
* 10 restaurants where parking your car is no problem
* 10 favourite healthy spots
* 5 Saturday food markets
– Feel like going to the beach, but don’t want to travel too far? Then drop by the opening of DOK: the new chill spot at Houthavens in Amsterdam! Music, drinks and food for every age!
– Also nice to check out this market on Sunday: Pure Markt in the Amstelpark!
– Or pay a visit to the Ruigmarkt Weekender in artist village Ruigoord: foodtrucks, handmade stuff, vintage, art & design.
– Tip: On Sunday the 10th it’s Mothers Day and your mum gets in for FREE at the Foam Photo Museum!
– Check out this new exposition at the Tropenmuseum. Secret Love is a contemporary art exhibition about the taboo on homosexuality, lesbians, bisexuality and transgenders in China (till september 13).
– Also nice at the Tropenmuseum: Bodyart! This exhibit is all about body art from all over the world. Warning: you might want a tattoo after visiting ;-) (until August 30),
– You can still go to the World Press Photo exhibition in Amsterdam! A must see (till July 5th)!
– In the city archives of Amsterdam there is a cool exhibition with photos of Cor Jaring! This selfmade photographer is a true “Amsterdammer” and made several photo’s of rebellious activities in Amsterdam (till July 12th).
– The English design duo Jimmie Martin, famous for their special furniture, will open their first exposition in the Urban Art House Gallery Store in Amsterdam. Famous costumers are Kylie Minogue, Kelly Osbourne, Jamie Oliver and Madonna. Go and have a look! (from April 10 till June 30)
– A publication of Terry O’neils new Rock ‘n’ Roll photo book at the Eduard Planting Gallery! Come and see a great selection of the stars of the music industry, like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Elton John, David Bowie, Eric Clapton, Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Presley, Amy Winehouse, Diana Ross and many others (till May 23).
– Visit these nice expositions at the FOAM photo museum: Broomberg & Chanarin (till June 6) + Geert Goiris – Flashbulb Memories, Ash Grey Prophecies (till may 24).
– Fashionchick.nl goes offline for a couple of days.. But with this bad news comes some good news! Cause the Fashionchick Pop Up Store will open instead this weekend! Score your favourite items here!
– And this weekend you can go thrift-shopping again at de IJhallen: the biggest flea-market in Europe!
– Still looking for the best Mothers Day gift? In one of these stores you will find something, for sure:
* Concept store Jan on de Utrechtsestraat: here you will find a gift for every type of mom! From bags and jewelry to books!
* Eland en van der Helst in the Pijp: you buy the most beautiful home accessoires here!
* Suhka: does your mom loves sustainable products than go to this concept store at the Haarlemmerstraat!
* T.I.T.S. in Amsterdam West: for trendy and fashionable moms!
* Anna + Nina: looking for some juwerly? Go to Anne + Nina!
– Celebrate your Friday evening at the Marktkantine: where Bonobo, Cinnaman and more will be DJ’ing! (sold out sadly enough; but check out ticketswap!)
– Or go to the Chicago Social Club and party at de Nachtdivisie.
– Yes! Silent disco Vondeldisco starts again! This Saturday at the Vondeltuin. (sold out sadly enough; but check out ticketswap ’cause you dont’ wanna miss this!)
– Can’t wait till Buiten Westen begins? Then visit the Buiten Westen Pop-Up party to get in the mood already!
PS: more hotspots are in the Amsterdam Little Black Book. A city guide to Amsterdam with the best restaurants, shops and things to do. Always new addresses coming up so check out your online Little Black Book daily for the latest hotspots in town!