Weekend inspiration for March 4, 5 & 6
Is it already the first weekend of March? Time flies when you’re having fun! There are many amusing things to do this weekend in Amsterdam. Don’t be bothered by the cold weather but let the lovely coffee stop on a heated terrace seduce you. In need of inspiration? Take a look at my favorite coffee bars. I also think it’s very nice to start a weekend day with a delicious breakfast. Do you want to sleep late? No problem, you also find the newest lunchspots over here! Check this Amsterdam Weekend Guide for all ins and outs! >> Enjoy!
PS: you can listen to the Amsterdam Weekend Guide on Amsterdam FM every Friday around 11:45!
– Three lists to make the weekend even more fun:
>> 14 x new hotspots for breakfast and lunch in Amsterdam
>> 17 x hotspots along the Ij in Amsterdam
>> 7 x hotspots at the Jan Evertsenstraat in West
– You can also have an exquisite breakfast at Vondelpark3. Excellent for two or with a group of friends. Just don’t forget to reserve a table!
– Let the temperature rise by enjoying an exotic dish. Lovers of the Indonesian cuisine can always dine at The Indonesian Kitchen.
– More a fan of delicious spareribs? Let one of these restaurants inspire you.
– Taco lovers can go to BAR BRÅ this weekend. There will be a pop-up taco shop Best Coast Taqueria on Friday and Saturday. They’ve told me this shop serves the best burritos, tacos and nachos in the world.
– We love these places for Friday afterwork drinks!:
* Check our list with 10 Friday afterwork drinks spots in Amsterdam!
* Pllek is always a good idea for Feeling Friday.
* SoSo Lobi at Waterkant is highly recommended for summer vibes, beer and roti!
Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier :-)
* 32 x restaurant in Amsterdam you must have dinner once
* 19 nicest breakfast spots in town
* 20 healthy hotspots we love
* 47 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 24 cocktail bars in Amsterdam
Check the blog for more lists! >>
New arrivals or long-term residents, the IamExpat Fair is an event especially for you! Maybe you’re still looking for a house, a job or school for your kids? No worries, all your questions can be answered at one place. Many professionals will discuss your needs and offer their products and services. It’s also possible to attend a presentation or participate in one of the workshops.
– Relaxing with a view! This Sunday you can relax in one of the hot tubs on the roof terrace of the Volkshotel. While the bubbles rise along your body, you can enjoy live music. Badplaats Winter Session offers you the ultimate relaxation.
– Looking for an inspirational Sunday? Read all about fun stuff in Amsterdam here.
– It’s the first Sunday of the month and that means it’s Sunday Market in the Westergasfabriek. Shop fashion, design, art, food, … This market is definitely worth going outside.
– Looking for fun shopping places in the city centre of Amsterdam? Check this list!
– It’s time for treasure hunting on the Crowdy House Market at De Hallen. You can make your fortune both Saturday and Sunday.
– There are much more cool shops in Amsterdam! Check them here >> >>
– This one has to be on your to do list: the Catwalk exhibition in the Philipsvleugel of the Rijksmuseum. Rijks presents fashion of the Netherlands from 1625 to 1960. A must visit for fashion lovers!
– Take your last chance to see the unique collection of photographs of Marilyn Monroe in the Eduard Planting Gallery. The pictures are taken by the famous photographers Milton Greene and Douglas Kirkland.
– At Foam you can now see a great overview with black and white photo’s of the American photographer Francesca Woodman. Woodman explored themes such as gender, representation, sexuality and body. You can visit this exposition till March 9.
– Let’s go back to the 60s! At the Tropenmuseum with the The Sixties expo! Fashion, design, music, architecture and photographs from the 60’s are exposed.
– This exposition will warm you up thanks to the funny and sunny pictures of Marjolein van der Klaauw. It’s also affordable for everyone because it’s for free! YAY!
– Have you already been to Close-Up – A New Generation of Film and Video Artists in the Netherlands at EYE Film Instituut? An exhibition featuring numerous recent film and video works and spatial installations by a new generation of filmmakers and artists in the Netherlands.
– Stadsarchief Amsterdam pronounced a new expo: Amsterdamse Parken (Amsterdam parks). All these great parks in Amsterdam, but what do people do there? Photographer Jeroen Hofman shows you.
– A must visit expo at Tassenmuseum Hendrikje: Street Couture. At this exhibition it’s all about mix and match: high end fashion is combined with street fashion, sports and pop culture.
– Enjoy your Fridaynight at Het Partyfeest at Sugar Factory! Among other things Banaan & Elvis and Alain Kuipers will entertain you.
– A party’s birthday? That will be a e-nor-mous party, no doubt about that. Happy Feelings exists three years and this Saturday it’s birthday-bash-time!
– If you feel like partying, you can go to ZeeZout Winter Festival this Saturday at the Rijk Van De Keizer. The party starts at 12 pm and ends at 23 pm. The perfect event for a Saturday!
– Thuishaven and The Warehouse are organizing Wintercircus. This party starts Saturday afternoon and lasts till the early hours.
– Disco Dolly is throwing a Dolly Party. The nice vibe and music will give you a blast! Free entrance before 24 pm and this saved money can be invested in an extra drink.
– Want to go clubbing this weekend? Get to know the 13 clubs in Amsterdam where you must go dancing.
– Feel like dancing but not in the mood for clubbing? On Saturday Pllek is thé place to be! DJs wil play some of the best records at dinner time and late into the night. After dinner the tables will be set aside so you can dance! See you at Beatroots!
– Up for some good weekend music? Every month we make a new playlist on Spotify! Check our playlists here >>
- Read more? -
- Vlogs & Videos -