Things to do in Amsterdam March 27, 28 & 29 >>
YAY, weekend! And there’s so much to do in Amsterdam :-). This weekend you can shop some new outfits at the Ready to Fish Stock Sale or go to the bric and brac marker Le Croissant et Le Marché. And try to get a last minute table at Foyer this weekend. This gem is going to close :-(. And if you’re not so lucky, then try the new hotspot Panache! Tip for everyone looking for the best parties for Kingsday… we listed the coolest Kingsday parties in town! But first… weekend. Enjoy the tips from this Amsterdam Weekend Guide.
PS: if you sign up for the newsletter you get this guide in your inbox every Friday!
Tip: listen to Amsterdam FM for my personal tips from the Amsterdam Weekend Guide. Live at 11.45!
* YAY! Cafe Panache is finally open. This weekend is the official opening and we already tried and tested the menu for you. WE LOVE IT! Read the full blog here.
– Tips for drinks on Friday!
* Friday drinks in the Blauwe Theehuis at Vondelpark at FRITS
* Celebrate your weekend at Edelwise
* Fissa at Chapter 21
– New in town
* Cloud art and Coffee: Combine coffee & art in the Jordaan!
* Two Chefs Brewing and Simon van Lith take over the kitchen and bar of Razmataz Ensuite! They will be looking for the perfect combination between food & beer again! This time it’s time for the Latin-American Kitchen: Ceviche, y mas!
* Last weekend to visit pop-up restaurant Foyer at the Keizersgracht!
– Coming Soon
* Baut Zuid
– Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier! Did you check them yet?
* the coolest hotspots at the Jan Pieter Heijestraat
* 13 new favourite restaurants
* 11 x of the best Italians
* 12 burgerbars you must know
* 17 nicest breakfast spots in town
* 9 x cheese fondue in Amsterdam
* 14 healthy hotspots we love
* 9 cool spots with a fire place
* hotspots in Amsterdam where you can eat gluten free!
* 16 x the best brunch spots
* 15 great bars and cafes in Amsterdam
* 5 spots in Amsterdam for Italian coffee
* 5 favourite hotspots for hot coco
* 36 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 18 best cocktail bars in Amsterdam!
* 8 spots for free wifi, good coffee & lunch
* 20 of the newest restaurants in Amsterdam
* 9 best places to drink G&T’s in Amsterdam
* 10 restaurants where parking your car is no problem
* 20 new places for coffee and lunch
* 20 new restaurant hotspots
* 10 favourite healthy spots
* 5 Saturday food markets
– (flea) Market Rommelige Zondag at the Marktkantine! Stands with vintage, retro and new Amsterdam brands: clothing, gadgets, jewelry etc. But also live music and good food! (Tip: Visit Graceland Barbecue afterwards)
– The 28th of March you you will find the ideal combination of a brocante market and a french breakfast at Nacional: Le Croissant et Le Marché
– This weekend it’s time for the Local Goods Market again!
– Visit the Pure Markt on the 29th of March! Traditionally produced food & drinks complemented with a special non-food assortiment.
– Ever wanted to know how a specific tower in Amsterdam looked like from the inside? Or you just want to enjoy the view? Visit the Open Tower Day Amsterdam March 28!
– Visit the IKEA POP UP Store! View or buy the Street Art limited collectie: 12 pieces from street artists all over the world!
– Perfect for a date this weekend: the new expo Bodyart at Tropenmuseum in East. This exhibit is all about Bodyart from all over the world. Warning: you might want a tattoo after visiting ;-). Read all about the expo here. Until August 30.
– On the occasion of the publication of Terry O’neils new Rock ‘n’ Roll photobook there will be an exposition with the same title at Eduard Planting Gallery. Come and see a great selection of the stars of the music industry, like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Elton John, David Bowie, Eric Clapton, Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Presley, Amy Winehouse, Diana Ross and many others.
– It’s Chanel 2.55 birthday this year! And it has it’s own exposition in the Tassenmuseum.
– This weekend 2 new expositions will be opened in the FOAM photo museum: Broomberg & Chanarin + Geert Goiris – Flashbulb Memories, Ash Grey Prophecies. You also have till next weekend to check the Van Loon family exposition.
– Designer vintage galore at the pop-up store of The Next Closet at the Lijnbaansgracht. Until April 1!
PS: more hotspots are in the Amsterdam Little Black Book. A city guide to Amsterdam with the best restaurants, shops and things to do. Always new addresses coming up so check out your online Little Black Book daily for the latest hotspots in town!
Tip: discover more city- and travel guides by @yourlbb!
Anne de Buck
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
Amsterdam Light festival
The Amsterdam Light Festival 2023/2024 are now on sale!More info & tickets »
Rent a bike!
Do you want to see a lot in a short time? Rent a bike and discover the city in a day.Rent a bike here »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »