Weekend tips for march 25, 26 & 27
Happy Easter weekend! Let’s all count our blessings after a sad week like this. What are your plans for Easter weekend? I will for sure be at the first festival of the year: DGTL. If you’re not into festivals, you can always try out some new hotspots like Bulls and Dogs. But there’s so much more to do in town. I will tell you all about it in this weekend guide. >> Happy Easter!
PS: you can listen to the Amsterdam Weekend Guide on Amsterdam FM every Friday around 11:45!
– I love food trucks! That’s why I’m so excited the Europahal of RAI Amsterdam is being transformed into a foodwalhalla. Over 70 food trucks and many pop-up restaurants prepare their best delicacies at the Foodfestival Amsterdam. YAY!
– Amsterdam East has a brand new hotspot called Generator Amsterdam. This design hostel is located at Oosterpark and is very hip and colorful. A real delight to the eye! Luckily, the hostel isn’t only focussed on the traveller but also on people of Amsterdam. You can always have a drink at the bar or a delicious meal in the restaurant. The best hotspot for a rainy day!
– We never get bored of sushi! But where do you have to go for this Japanese delicacy? It’s quite difficult to find a place where they serve really good sushi. That’s why we help you with this list!
– Finally! Bulls and Dogs has opened their very first restaurant in the Van Wou, yay! You really have to visit this place and try the tasty haute dogs. ;-)
– Are you or is one of your friends a vegetarian? You have to visit one of these hotspots. They’re 100% vegetarian and really nice! Just so you know, we think that everyone has to try out a vegetarian restaurant now or then ;-)
– Good Friday is also the start of a new season of BAR Dogma. Once a month this place transforms into the perfect spot for your Friday afternoon drinks. Also the perfect start for your extended weekend!
– We love these places for Friday afterwork drinks!:
* Check our list with 10 Friday afterwork drinks spots in Amsterdam!
* Pllek is always a good idea for Feeling Friday.
* SoSo Lobi at Waterkant is highly recommended for summer vibes, beer and roti!
Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier :-)
* 32 x restaurants in Amsterdam you must have dinner once
* 19 nicest breakfast spots in town
* 20 healthy hotspots we love
* 47 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 24 cocktail bars in Amsterdam
Check the blog for more lists! >>
– Roest is going back to the 80s! The silo is being transformed into a huge Rollerdisco. Put your glitter jacket on, tie your rollerblades and go loose!
– Relaxing with a view! Every Sunday you can relax in one of the hot tubs on the roof terrace of the Volkshotel. Badplaats offers you the ultimate relaxation.
– On Sunday evening you can enjoy some live music at De Brakke Grond. Every month, the Vlaams Cultuurhuis is looking for some talented bands which can set the room on fire. The Germans & ECHO BEATTY are this time’s catch for Sonic Soirée
– Looking for an inspirational Sunday? Read all about Sunday fun stuff in Amsterdam here.
– Saturday and Sunday you can buy the softest sweaters, scarves and cardigans at the pop-up store from Extreme Cashmere in The Hoxton!
– This Sunday you can go to the Garage Sale of Fresh Cotton: top brands at low prices!
– During the Sample Sale of Herschell & Dr Denim at The Brand Company, you can find the most beautiful pieces. The discount makes them even more beautiful :-)
– Make your fortune at the Pinc Sample Sale. Items of brands such as Supertrash and leather jackets are for sale. The perfect timing to buy thé perfect leather jacket!
– It’s time for another Local Goods Weekend Market. Bags, furniture, design, … this market has it all!
– Looking for more great shops in Amsterdam West? Check this list!
– There are so much cool shops in Amsterdam! Check them here! >>
– Enjoy a wonderful ballet show at the Stadsschouwburg on Friday or Saturday. NDT2, the second generation of NDT dancers, is bringing the dance show Straight Around including the award winning work of Hans van Manen.
– ‘Vincent op vrijdag’ is all about ‘Lichte Zeden’. Go visit the Van Gogh Museum and immerse yourself into the exciting world of seduction, tabus, lust and art.
– The hit musical PIPPIN is coming to Carré because of the new ‘Broadway aan de Amstel’ initiative. Every year, Carré is bringing the biggest and most leading Broadway productions to Amsterdam. If you want to see this spectacular show with your own eyes, you have to get a ticket quick! The production runs until April 10.
– This one has to be on your to do list: the Catwalk exhibition in the Philipsvleugel of the Rijksmuseum. Rijks presents fashion of the Netherlands from 1625 to 1960. A must visit for fashion lovers!
– Have you already been to Close-Up – A New Generation of Film and Video Artists in the Netherlands at EYE Film Instituut? An exhibition featuring numerous recent film and video works and spatial installations by a new generation of filmmakers and artists in the Netherlands.
– Stadsarchief Amsterdam pronounced a new expo: Amsterdamse Parken (Amsterdam parks). All these great parks in Amsterdam, but what do people do there? Photographer Jeroen Hofman shows you.
– A must visit expo at Tassenmuseum Hendrikje: Street Couture. At this exhibition it’s all about mix and match: high end fashion is combined with street fashion, sports and pop culture.
– Thanks to DGTL, the official festival season has started! Some well-known deejays will give it all with their best records. Do I see you there?
– Club Knijn is taking you back to the 90s. Metallic eye shadow, choker and waffle hair? Check! You’re ready to go to De jaren 90 editie. ;-)
– The Pineapple Club is thé tropical suprise of your weekend! This Saturday at the Chicago Social Club.
– Things are about to go cray, cray crazy at Feestland in WesterUnie. Think of bouncy castles, dancers and surprise acts on the beats of mister Phalerieau and Jody Bernal.
– Not in the mood for a festival but do you want to party? If so, you can always go to Sugarfactory. Some big names, such as Lövestad, will create a big party during Bam Boe!
– Secretly enjoying the Sunday parties the most? Go to Wintercircus of Thuishaven!
– Want to go clubbing this weekend? Get to know the 13 clubs in Amsterdam where you must go dancing.
– Feel like dancing but not in the mood for clubbing? On Saturday Pllek is thé place to be! DJs wil play some of the best records at dinner time and late into the night. After dinner the tables will be set aside so you can dance! See you at Beatroots!
– Up for some good weekend music? Every month we make a new playlist on Spotify! Check our playlists here >>
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
Amsterdam Light festival
The Amsterdam Light Festival 2023/2024 are now on sale!More info & tickets »
Rent a bike!
Do you want to see a lot in a short time? Rent a bike and discover the city in a day.Rent a bike here »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »