Did you see our beer trends video? Check it here!
Weekend inspiration for March 18, 19 & 20
While I’m looking for new hotspots in the ‘Big Apple’, you can do so many fun things in Amsterdam this weekend! What do you think about a delicious coffee at the biggest coffee bar of The Netherlands? During The Amsterdam Coffee Festival, the whole Westergasfabriek is being transformed into one, huge coffee bar. Feel like shopping? Visit one of the sample sales like the La Dress Sample Sale. But there’s so much more to do in town. I will tell you all about it in this weekend guide. Enjoy!
PS: you can listen to the Amsterdam Weekend Guide on Amsterdam FM every Friday around 11:45!
– Delicious, fresh ingredients and een mediterranean touch? That’s what De Proeverij represents! You can find this lunchspot at Landmarkt in Amsterdam North. All meals are prepared with ingredients that weren’t sold the day before. Win win situation!
– If you’re craving for a delicious chicken dish, you have to visit Pand 10! This place is also known for its consistently changing concepts. So here’s a quick update! From now on, you can have your favorite chicken meal inspired on the Peruvian kitchen at Chicks and Coqs. ;-)
– Bulls and Dogs is taking the popular hotdog to a whole other level! Until recently, these haute dogs were only obtainable at the Foodhallen and some festivals. We think it’s wonderful that Bulls and Dogs got its own spot in the city centre.
– Also a second branch for The Breakfast Club! Thanks to this, Haarlemmerbuurt has one brand new hotspot!
– Feel like a real Parisienne and enjoy the most delicious eclairs at Le Clair! This bar is the brand new hotspot in the Amsterdam Central station. YES, in the station… but trust us they’re good!! The ‘café Parisièn look’ makes you feel like being in the heart of France.
– Looking for some fun places for your afterwork drinks? Check this list and discover the best cocktail bars in your neighborhood!
– We love these places for Friday afterwork drinks!:
* Check our list with 10 Friday afterwork drinks spots in Amsterdam!
* Pllek is always a good idea for Feeling Friday.
* SoSo Lobi at Waterkant is highly recommended for summer vibes, beer and roti!
Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier :-)
* 32 x restaurant in Amsterdam you must have dinner once
* 19 nicest breakfast spots in town
* 20 healthy hotspots we love
* 47 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 24 cocktail bars in Amsterdam
Check the blog for more lists! >>
– From Friday till Sunday the Westergasfabriek is being transformed into the biggest coffee bar of The Netherlands. The Amsterdam Coffee Festival is a must do for all the coffee lovers and foodies! Enjoy a delicious cup of coffee or participate in one of the workshops or lab sessions of the oh-so-tasty coffee brand Illy!
– It’s time for the Avondmarkt! Whether you like to dance, eat or shop, this Friday evening, you can find everything at one location: Amsterdam Roest.
– Relaxing with a view! Every Sunday you can relax in one of the hot tubs on the roof terrace of the Volkshotel. Badplaats offers you the ultimate relaxation.
– Start your Saturday with a yoga session on the roof terrace of Volkshotel! Which way better than starting your day with Volksyoga?
– Looking for an inspirational Sunday? Read all about fun stuff in Amsterdam here.
– This Saturday and Sunday it’s time for the La Dress sample sale again! Get your free tickets and get your hands on one of those beautiful dresses with discounts up to 70%.
– Sample sale alert! Till March 22, you can choose from more than 4000 shoes at the United Nude Sample Sale. We think the discounts, up to 70%, are a good excuse to buy more than one pair of shoes! :-)
– Are you a Smaak lover? If so, you can make your fortune this Saturday! It’s time for the annual sample sale of Smaak Amsterdam. Thé ideal moment to buy a new handbag which matches with your spring outfits!
– On Saturday and Sunday you can do some shopping at the biggest flea market of Europe. From vintage till old furniture, you can find everything at the Ij-hallen.
– Looking for more great shops in Amsterdam East? Check this list!
– There are much more cool shops in Amsterdam! Check them here! >>
– The hit musical PIPPIN is coming to Carré because of the new ‘Broadway aan de Amstel’ initiative. Every year, Carré is bringing the biggest and most leading Broadway productions to Amsterdam. If you want to see this spectacular show with your own eyes, you have to get a ticket quick! The production runs until April 10.
– This weekend you can enjoy the unseen work of the famous French photographer Henri Lartigue at Foam. Mainly known for his spectacular photographs of car races, planes and people and animals in motion. But also his colour photography is breath taking. Life of Colour is the perfect proof.
– Saturday and Sunday you can behold a great scoop at the Tropenmuseum. Secret Love is a contemporary art exhibition which shows the tabu around lesbians, gay men, bisexuals and transgenders in China. With their art, the artists want to contribute in bringing this subject up for discussion.
– It’s your final chance this weekend to go to the Roze Filmdagen! Watch a movie at the Westergasfabriek and enjoy some quality time. Are you a fan of comedy or more of drama? No problem! This film festival has something for everyone! Check the website for the entire program!
– This one has to be on your to do list: the Catwalk exhibition in the Philipsvleugel of the Rijksmuseum. Rijks presents fashion of the Netherlands from 1625 to 1960. A must visit for fashion lovers!
– Have you already been to Close-Up – A New Generation of Film and Video Artists in the Netherlands at EYE Film Instituut? An exhibition featuring numerous recent film and video works and spatial installations by a new generation of filmmakers and artists in the Netherlands.
– Stadsarchief Amsterdam pronounced a new expo: Amsterdamse Parken (Amsterdam parks). All these great parks in Amsterdam, but what do people do there? Photographer Jeroen Hofman shows you.
– A must visit expo at Tassenmuseum Hendrikje: Street Couture. At this exhibition it’s all about mix and match: high end fashion is combined with street fashion, sports and pop culture.
– Make a time jump during the 7th edition of Club Mokum! Canvas de 7e is hosting a great 50s/60s party! Up for something else? Try this!
– You can also visit Radion for an awesome party! No doubt this will be a wonderful Vault Sessions with Adam X and Joe Farr as deejays!
– No house, nor R&B or techno but soul of the utmost level at the North Sea Jazz Club. Omar will set the whole club on fire with his best records.
– Every two months it’s time for Fat Kids Cake at Chicago Social Club. They’re joining forces with Hutspot for this special FCK edition. A must do event with no doubt!
– Want to go clubbing this weekend? Get to know the 13 clubs in Amsterdam where you must go dancing.
– Feel like dancing but not in the mood for clubbing? On Saturday Pllek is thé place to be! DJs wil play some of the best records at dinner time and late into the night. After dinner the tables will be set aside so you can dance! See you at Beatroots!
– Up for some good weekend music? Every month we make a new playlist on Spotify! Check our playlists here >>