33 things you want to do this weekend in amsterdam!
Nothing as unpredictable as the weather, that has become clear yet again. It was only two weeks ago that we got to go ice skating on the canals, this past weekend lots of us were hanging out on the terrace and now we can bring back the gloves yet again! It’s impossible to keep up with ;-). Luckily our weekend guide doesn’t get affected by it, because this weekend there’s so much to do in Amsterdam again! There’s a new market in Bos and Lommer to discover and the monthly Museum Market is back at the Museum Square. I’m craving dim sum all week and it’s likely that you can find me at Oriental City or Chin Chin Club this weekend. These and many more tips can be found in the Amsterdam Weekend Guide for March 16, 17 and 18.
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
33 tips for fun things to do this weekend in amsterdam
- Vegans beware! As this Sunday is the Soul Food Vegan Brunch at Scrapyard. Among other dishes you can expect fried vegan chicken and fried vegan ribs. Yum! The brunch is om 12PM till 5PM and of course there will also be cocktails. Check out the Facebook event here.
- How cool is this? HEMA has opened an Easterpop-up in the Nine Streets. Here you can get ounces of chocolate Easter eggs and make sure to taste the newest flavours: tompouce, disco dip and coffee crisp. We’re loving the choco dip! They’re open till April 1st in the Runstraat 25.
- Vinden we leuk: op de Wallen is Trade Amsterdam geopend! Een nieuwe overdekte food market waar je iets kunt eten maar ook je dagelijkse verse boodschappen kunt doen!
- Wijnliefhebbers opgelet, want dit hele weekend kun je naar het Amsterdam Wine Festival in de Westergasfabriek.
- Goed nieuws voor iedereen die in de Rivierenbuurt woont. Je kunt nu gaan borrelen en lunchen bij het nieuwe Maas Bar & Kitchen.
- Are you up for a cultural weekend? At the Beurs van Berlage you can now visit My Name Is Prince. An expo where you can view many personal belongings of the late pop legend such as handwritten notes, awards, clothing pieces and more.
- This Sunday the Museum Market can be found again on the Museum Sqaure. Besides food- and drink stalls you can also find many cute items here like gifts, jewelry, and more. Check the Facebook event here.
- The well-known party KLEAR is in the Paradiso this Saturday. The party won’t stop till 6AM and the line-up consists of The Flexican, TOKiMONSTA and more. Check out the Facebook event here.
- Have you visitde the newest hotspot of the Spuistraat yet? Miss Moneypenny is now open for business!
- It’s the third Sunday of the month at that means that the Wild West Market is in Amsterdam West. This is a new concept what will be held every third Sunday of the month from now on on the Bos en Lommer Square. Besides unique items you can also participate in workshops here. Click here for the Facebook event with more info.
- Would you like to test your music knowledge? This Sunday the Popquiz will be held at Tapzuid. It consists of nine rounds with music fragments, photos, questions and more. Check out the Facebook event here.
- This weekend is your last chance to visit the Roze Filmdagen at the Ketelhuis. Up until March 18 you can watch the most inspiring, moving documentaries and movies here all in the theme of LGBTQ. Click here for the Facebook event.
- For the ultimate Sunday Brunch you’d have to go to SUSHISAMBA! Eggs benedict, lobster rolls, sushi, mimosa’s… What more can you ask for?
- At Visbar Beet in the East of Amsterdam all the Oysters are one euro. With a little bit of luck we’ll also get some sun and we can order as many oysters as we’d like from the terrace. Check out their Facebook event here.
- Want to go see a movie? This month lots of movies are premiering, check out the movies you’ll want to see in theaters this March here!
- This weekend the Koninklijk Theater Carré is all about the Moscow Classical Ballet. This past October they premiered with the sold out “Romeo & Julia”, this weekend they’ll be performing “Giselle”. Click here for the Facebook event with more info.
- Have you already visited the new store Arket on the Koningsplein? It’s from the company behind H&M and you’ll score the prettiest Scandinavian fashion here!
- 90’s and 00’s HipHop and R&B fans won’t want to skip Fuego in the Bitterzoet this Saturday. They’re promising a tropical evening, including palm trees, coconuts and Hawaii accessories. Click here for the Facebook event.
- The Sunday Social party is celebrating its two year anniversary at the W Amsterdam this Sunday. If you click on ‘attend’ on the Facebook event you’ll be put on the guest list and will get a free entrace. Dressing up is appreciated!
- The Script is performing in the Ziggo Dome this Friday. The concert is officially sold out, but lots of tickets are offered on Ticket Swap! Click on this link for tickets.
- This Sunday it’s also brunch time at Cannibale Royale in the North of Amsterdam. Besides the fact that there’s of course enough meat for everyone, there will also be Bloody Marys and Mimosas. Click here for the Facebook event.
- GoldFish is back in Amsterdam! After a sold out show during ADE they’ll be performing in the Warehouse Elementenstraat this Saturday. So be quick if you’re still waiting to buy a ticket. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Wil jij op de hoogte blijven van alle zaken die binnenkort opengaan? Hou dan ons ‘Coming Soon‘ lijstje in de gaten!
- Heb je zin om dit weekend af te spreken met vrienden? Wat dacht je van: de leukste hotspots met een open haard? Of bij een van deze gezellige wijnbars?
Our newest lists
but make sure to not forget these tips…
- On the ground floor of the Moco Museum you can go to the exposition Banksy: Laugh Now. There are around 50 art pieces by the street legend and you it’s definitely a must see. It’s the first time in history that there’s an exposition on and about the work of Banksy.
- Want to explore a different niehgbourhood for a change? Check out the best spots in and around the Vondelpark here!
- Don’t have a clue what you want to do this Saturday? Catch the Late Night Show at Toomler! It starts at 12AM and among the six comedians that are performing are often familiar faces like Theo Maassen, Henry van Loon and Ali B.
- At the Moxy Hotel Amsterdam you can also easily order a cocktail at the bar if you’re a local!
- Is your ultimate brunch not among these tips? Check out our list with the best brunch spots in Amsterdam.
- For some drinks this weekend you can yet again go to Partisan. From Saturday afternoon the party starts here. Check the Facebook event here.
- Would you like to make some cultural trips this month? Check out our list with expositions that you can visit in March!
- Feel like doing something else in Amsterdam, but you don’t know what? Check our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you had to have done at least once in your life.
- Tip: We have many more fun lists! Check them here >>
PSSSST… YOU CAN FIND MORE (TRAVEL) TIPS IN MY BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle (new in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a vacation close to home (new in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Dutch) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)