THESE ARE THE BEST TIPS FOR FUN ACTIVITIES IN AMSTERDAM THIS WEEKEND
Be careful what you wish for! Because we might be looking at a heatwave soon. We hope that you guys survived your workweek ok. Did you end up at the beach on any of the evenings? We highly recommend it for this weekend, so be sure to check out one of these beach hotspots! Did you know that Amsterdam has a lot of places that are officially marked as ‘outdoor swimming spot’? If you want to check out where these spots are, be sure to check out the website of Waternet . And of course we also made our own little list with all our favourite spots to go for a swim, but just so you know – this list also contains spots that are not officially checked for water quality. You can always go check out one of the many city beaches if that’s more your thing! Also good: go for drinks with friends on one of these amazing rooftop bars that overlook the city. Nice!
Did you already make plans for the weekend? Check out the new Amsterdam Weekend Guide for June 28, 29 + 30. I have listed the 10 best tips for you. Enjoy!
SUPER HANDY! Want to receive the Amsterdam Weekend Guide in your inbox every Friday? Sign up for the newsletter!
10 X THE BEST TIPS FOR THIS WEEKEND IN AMSTERDAM
❶ Shiraz is one of the best wine bars in downtown Amsterdam. And this weekend they are hosting their Masters of Wine event. At this event you can come and taste and drink the more than 500 wines for € 25,- per person. This weekend you can go here on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday from 4pm. Want to know more about this event? Check out their Facebook page here >>
❷ Champaign lovers, this is for you! From June 28 till June 30, Fête du Champagne is hosted in Rembrandtpark. Very French of course, with over 100 champaign options and of course loads of French food and drinks. Want to know more and buy tickets? You can do this via the website >>
❸ Are you working in the Zuid-As district? Then go to the Friday afternoon drinks over at Zuidas Culinair Zomerfeest. Starts at 4.30pm with great bites and music! Want to know more? Read all about it in the Facebook event >>
❹ You guys know how much we love our Sunday marktets!This Sunday the place to be is the Olympisch Stadion where the market starts at 9am with over 300 stands to shop at. Want to know more? Check out the Facebook event >>
❺ If there’s one oyster event you want to go to this weekend, then it’s the one at Karakter in Amsterdam West this Sunday. With oysters for € 1,- with an Asian twist! Want to find out more about the location and the times? Find more info in the Facebook event >>
| AMSTERDAM TIPS: did you check out all these articles yet? Stan & Co, Bam Boa, Cabrón, Pacific, Matcha Mafia, Sjefietshe, Meat & Greek, Spectrum, Nazka, Baohuis, Kim Chi Wow, Restaurant Watergang, Hola Poke, 19 x internationale restaurants in Amsterdam, The Hoxton New York, Ron Gastrobar Downtown, Nnea, The Bab, Buurthaven, Naylor’s, The Lebanese Sajeria, Aesop & Aziatische High Tea.
❻ Did you already plan to go to Artis-ZOOmeravonden on one of these Summer nights? If not, then go this weekend! Because this Saturday June 29, ‘de Jeugd van Tegenwoordig’ is performing. Find out everything there is to know about this event on their Facebook page. Click here for all info >>
❼ Your Little Black Book is congratulating Mossel & Gin, because this hotspot over at Westergas is celebrating their 5th birthday. With free mussels and fries from 1pm on Saturday. All you have to buy is the famous gin! Want to know more? Read all about it in the Facebook event >>
❽ The Jan Pieter Heijestraat in West is up and coming, but we already knew that! This Saturday June 29 all the entrepreneurs in this street are hosting their ‘Bij Ons in de JP Zomermarkt.’ This Sunday Market starts at 10am and goes on till late. Want to know more? Check out the Facebook event >>
❾ This Saturday the Mercatormarkt is hosted again on the Mercatorplein. With loads of fun stands, good food and drinks. Find out more about the program and the schedule in the Facebook event >>
❿ It’s time for the Rooftop movie nights! With movie classics, popcorn and great drinks for in your beach chair or beanbag. Want to know more about the program on June 28, 29 or 30? Read all about it in the Facebook event >>
Our newest lists
Yourlbb’s SUMMER tips
- FOODIE TIP: Last week was our second time having dinner via SurpriSeat. This restaurant platform turns going out to dinner into a real exciting event again. I highly recommend trying this out for a date night. For € 24,95 you can book a 2 course dinner in Amsterdam or Rotterdam. The restaurant you will be eating at is kept secret until a couple hours before dinner time. Want to experience this too? Use the code YLBB to get a € 7,50 discount on a surprise dinner for 2. Read more about it in this blogpost or make a reservation here for your own SurpriSeat >>
- CULTURE TIP: Ever been to the Moco? It’s one of our favourite museums in Amsterdam for modern art. From the cool work of street artist Banksy to the Moco Masters and several temporary exhibitions. Right now they are hosting an exclusive exhibition from Yayoi Kusama where a complete room is decorated all in her distinctive style. Aside from that you can also enjoy an exhibition by Daniel Arsham. Both run until September 30! Buy your tickets online with a discount >>
Dit bericht bekijken op Instagram
FEED YOUR WANDERLUST, PLAN YOUR NEXT TRIP THIS WEEKEND!|
TIP: going on a holiday soon? You will find over 100 guides on Your Little Black Book for destinations all across the world.
FAN OF THE VLOGS? CHECK OUT THE LATEST VIDEO’S NOW!
PSSSST… FIND MORE (TRAVEL)TIPS IN MY BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a holiday close to home
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Nederlands) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)
The perfect present for yourself or someone that loves travel just as much as you!
Anne de Buck