What a summer of extremes, in terms of weather. Not normal! At the bottom of this weekend guide you will find lots of summer tips and lists. From the best swimming spots to the coolest rooftop bars. My weekend also starts well, because on Friday I will eat at & Moshik and Saturday at Goldfinch Brasserie. Behind the scenes I am very busy redesigning the website. It will be different, but recognisable and those who pay close attention will recognise the new style because I am already implementing some new things step by step. Project Renovation is still going strong too. We are busy putting together our dream kitchen and I will soon tell you all about it in an extensive blog. Did you already make plans for the weekend? Check out the new Amsterdam Weekend Guide for July 26, 27 + 28. Happy Weekend!
SUPER HANDY! Want to receive the Amsterdam Weekend Guide in your inbox every Friday? Sign up for the newsletter!
10 X THE BEST TIPS FOR THIS WEEKEND IN AMSTERDAM
❶ Your Little Black Book congratulates Wolf Atelier with their 4th birthday! If you’ve never been to this restaurant before, then make sure to put in on your bucketlist. Or just go for it and book a table for this special weekend, where they are serving their most popular dishes from the past 4 years. Read all about it in the Facebook event >>
❷ This Sunday it’s time for the Pure Market in Park Frankendael and the way it’s looking now, it might just be perfect weather for a picnic then. I’m definitely going to stop by to check out this edition! Check out the times and details in the Facebook event >>
❸ Atelier des Femmes is on of my favourite brands for accessories. They just make every outfit better! This Saturday July 27 there will be a sample sale where you can core loads of items for small prices. Love! Check out the times and the location in the Facebook event >>
❹ This weekend a lot of Pride 2019 events are already happening throughout town. And if I have to pick one, then I’d go for the bottomless brunch at Pressroom in the INK Hotel. INK goes PINK! Their brunch is alway packed, so make sure to book your table. More info in the Facebook event >>
❺ Are you a lover of seafood? Then go to the Seafood Festival bij DOK. Kick back with your feet in the sand and enjoy the best seafood, from lobster to crab burgers. Read more in the Facebook event >>
| AMSTERDAM TIPS: did you check out all these articles yet? Redbone, Dok du Nord, Karaat, Stan & Co, Bam Boa, Cabrón, Pacific, Matcha Mafia, Sjefietshe, Meat & Greek, Spectrum, Nazka, Baohuis, Kim Chi Wow, Restaurant Watergang, Hola Poke, 19 x internationale restaurants in Amsterdam, The Hoxton New York, Ron Gastrobar Downtown, Nnea, The Bab, Buurthaven, Naylor’s, The Lebanese Sajeria, Aesop & Aziatische High Tea.
❻ One of the best and most fun festivals during Summer if you ask us is Milkshake, where all goes (ok, almost all). This Saturday and Sunday in the Westerpark. Check out the Facebook event to score your last minute tickets >>
❼ Come to the NDSM-werf this Sunday to hunt for those treasures, during a new edition of the IJ-hallen Flea Market. Get there early to make your move and then go over to Pllek to chill out. Perfect! Check out the times and more info via the Facebook event >>
❽ Concept store Kindred Spirits on the Utrechtsestraat is holding a festival sale this Saturday and Sunday, with discounts on their collection. From kelim boots to bohemian backpacks. Check out the prices for items in their Facebook event >>
❾ This Sunday between 3pm and 7pm it’s time for Zilte Zondag over at Razmataz. With delicious oysters for € 1,-. Which friends are you bringing to this salty food fest? Check out more about the location and general info in the Facebook event >>
❿ I think this last event is SO cool! Restaurant ZUID is taking a holiday break and they are cooking everything that is left in their fridge. You can now make a reservation for a 6 course surprise dinner for € 29,50. Top deal if you ask me! Read all about this in their Facebook event >>
Our newest lists
YOURLBB’S SUMMER TIPS
- FOODIE TIP: Last week was our second time having dinner via SurpriSeat. This restaurant platform turns going out to dinner into a real exciting event again. I highly recommend trying this out for a date night. For € 24,95 you can book a 2 course dinner in Amsterdam or Rotterdam. The restaurant you will be eating at is kept secret until a couple hours before dinner time. Want to experience this too? Use the code YLBB to get a € 7,50 discount on a surprise dinner for 2. Read more about it in this blogpost or make a reservation here for your own SurpriSeat >>
- CULTURE TIP: Ever been to the Moco? It’s one of our favourite museums in Amsterdam for modern art. From the cool work of street artist Banksy to the Moco Masters and several temporary exhibitions. Right now they are hosting an exclusive exhibition from Yayoi Kusama where a complete room is decorated all in her distinctive style. Aside from that you can also enjoy an exhibition by Daniel Arsham. Both run until September 30! Buy your tickets online with a discount >>
- How often do you think about the future of food and what will be on your plate in 2015? Last week I attended the event ‘Voedsel van morgen’ in the new De Studio at Nemo Science Museum. A great exhibition that really gives you food for thoughts. Food in powder form made from your own DNA? What? Click here for more info and opening hours >>
Dit bericht bekijken op Instagram
FEED YOUR WANDERLUST, PLAN YOUR NEXT TRIP THIS WEEKEND!|
TIP: going on a holiday soon? You will find over 100 guides on Your Little Black Book for destinations all across the world.
FAN OF THE VLOGS? CHECK OUT THE LATEST VIDEO’S NOW!
PSSSST… FIND MORE (TRAVEL)TIPS IN MY BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a holiday close to home
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Nederlands) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)
The perfect present for yourself or someone that loves travel just as much as you!
Anne de Buck