the best weekend tips for july 15, 16 & 17
Did you also had another fine work week? At Yourlbb it was one big party at the office this week. Because every day we received so much fun tips to do in Amsterdam! I mean, from this Thursday night on you can watch the best films in the outdoor cinema in the Vondelpark. How cool?! And also in the weekend there’s plenty of fun to do. This edition of the Amsterdam Weekend Guide is in fact pretty well stocked! On Saturday, for example, you can go dancing at A Day At The Park and on Sunday you can recharge your battery while enjoying delicious fresh prawns at Gamba Gang at Razmataz. Sounds good, right? Check out these and more fun to do’s in the Amsterdam Weekend Guide >> Enjoy!
And do you already have a copy of one of my new books? The Amsterdam City Guide with more than 400 hotspots and Wanderlust with my best travel tips!
PS: every Friday you can listen live to the Amsterdam Weekend Guide around 11:45 on Amsterdam FM!
– Three lists to make the weekend even more fun:
>> 10 x the best new breakfast and lunch spots in Amsterdam
>> 11 x the most sunny summer hotspots in Amsterdam
>> 48 x the best terraces of Amsterdam
– Did you already heard about Graham’s Kitchen in De Pijp? An absolute recommendation for this weekend, because this restaurant surprised us in the best way! A typical neighbourhood restaurant in a cosy corner building with delicious food. Check here all about our visit to Graham’s Kitchen >>!
– The weekends are made for chill strolls through the Vonelpark. Clearing your head from work and catch up with your partner and friends. With of course a well deserved cold beer on the terrace at the end. Your place to go? New hotspot Waldeck nearby the park!
– One of those things that made us really really happy this week! The always on the move BAUT has find a new home to live. And we’re talking about a really cool home: the former building of V&D. Sooo cool! From this Friday July 15 you can go to Baut & Dreesmann for breakfast, lunch and dinner! An absolute must visit!
– Plus more great news: Yokiyo has opened its doors in East! You know, the Korean glory that was first housed in the Red Light District. And from now on in East on the Insulindeweg. Korean BBQ, here we come!
– Are you also a fan of the chill vibe of Gs Really Nice Place? Besides the Jordaan and East you can also add De Pijp from now on to your delicious destination list. From Wednesday to Sunday Gs Bar is opened from 17:00 hours at the Ferdinand Bol!
– But also a little bit of sad news: snackbar DAMLA on the Clercqstraat is going to close its doors. Since 1985 they provide the tipsy clubbers of shoarmas and döners and now they’re going out with a bang with a serious goodbye party. Friday from 18:00 hours you can say your last goodbye while enjoying a great vibe and of course some snacks during the Official Damla Closing Party presented by Tastees!
– And more news from the Döner-side! Donnies has opened its doors on the Gerard Douplein! And they introduce a whole new version of the notorious döner. A must visit for everyone who loves some döner! Check the cool story behind Donnies here! >>
– Do you also miss the Zilte Zondag of Razmataz like crazy? Well, with Gamba Gang Razmataz wants to offer you a little consolation. Fill your bucket with gamba’s (1 euro per piece) and see how they get grilled in front of you!
-Today another great food convoy arrives in the city! The Amstelpark welcomes Food Truck Festival Trek till Sunday! One big outdoor restaurant with delicious food. And not unimportant: entrance is free!
– Fancy a vegetarian meal? Join the longest vegetarian table at De Langste Vegetarische Tafel this Friday night. Together with 1900 others you’ll go for a new record, a feast and a demonstration organised by the Vegetarian foundation.
– For all the gourmands the first edition of Festella is the place to be this weekend. Of course you’ll enjoy everything with chocolate here, but also non-chocoholic food plus a lot of entertainment!
The best vrijmibo’s in town:
* Hanneke’s Boom is always a good idea;-)
* Bret in BoLo (Bos & Lommer) also celebrates the Friday! Plus, the rooftop garden is open as well!
* The always crowded Waterkant is the must go on Friday!
* Or check our blog with 14 x the best Friday after work drinks in Amsterdam!
Foodie proof that make life easier ;-):
* 6 x the best falafel in Amsterdam
* 6 x finger licking good waffles in Amsterdam
* 10 x new breakfast and lunch spots in Amsterdam (fresh!)
We have many more lists! Check them here! >>
– We waited quite a while for this one and this weekend the moment is there. A Day At The Park 2016 is celebrated this Saturday. Besides music of international DJ’s you can also enjoy the delicious food here. A feast!
– Last year’s edition was such a success that they thought: this year we’re going to do it again! That’s why Waterkant and Chicago Social club will team up again and make sure that you can get wild for the second time at The Social Garden! An intimate festival with a great vibe!
– Saturday it’s also time for the new good old Buiten Westen festival. This year on a new and super cool location at Oudekerkerplas. Exciting!
– Also this weekend you can go to the NDSM-wharf for Over het IJ festival. Here you can enjoy adventurous and controversial theatre. With the ferry it only takes a few minutes ;-)
– Liv music in a special setting, that’s what you get during the ZOOmeravonden van Artis. Who’s this weekends performer? Douglas Firs!
– Yes! This Sunday it’s time for RC Kofferbak Markt in North! With beautiful view across the IJ you’ll shop the best treasures on this flea market!
– The men behind Colourful Rebel are on fire! From now on you can get their funny t-shirts, underpants and bomber jackets at their second store – and Flagship store – at the Heiligeweg 42. For the very first time open this weekend!
– This Sunday it’s also time for the delicious NeighbourFood Flea Market in and around the Westergasfabriek. You not only shop the most yummy food here, but also second hand oddities.
– And more market fun, because Sunday the Museumplein will be taken over by the Museum Market. Stylish stalls with nice products and art, good food and several outdoor bars spread around the area. Fun!
– And of course not a weekend goes by without a sample sale. This weekend it’s the turn of Nikkie of Nikkie Plessen. Saturday from July 16 from 10:00 till 16:00 you can go sample hunting at the MediArena 2. Also the samples of the children’s collection will be found here! And extra convenient: you can also pay by pin!
– Can your wardrobe use an upgrade? Good news! There’s also a sample sale of the ever stylish Friseau! On Friday and Saturday you can go here for the best loafers and leather zapatos!
– And there are many more shops on the blog. Check them out here! >>
– Looking for inspiration, new ideas or just snoop around? Museums are always a good idea then! How about A Retrospective of Helmut Newton in Foam? The whole Foam is taken over by this expo with more over 200 photos. Until September 4!
– But also nice for your inspiration: Rhythm & Roots in the Tropenmuseum! From jazz to salsa, from hiphop to rock ‘n roll, this expo takes you along on a musical trip. Because music has no boundaries and is universal :-) Wanna bet that you’ll leave here with a energy boost?
– And to stay in the musical vibes: Amy Winehouse: A Family Portrait introduces you the underexposed side of Amy Winehouse. Beautiful, tragic and impressive. To be seen till September 4!
– 100 years in 100 pieces of art, that’s what they show you at Made in Amsterdam! This gives you the best overview of important, artists, trends and movements of the art world of Amsterdam of the past century. There till July 31!
– Until August 28 you can go to the Stedelijk for the exposition Wonen in de Amsterdamse School! This exhibition gives a spectacular overview of interior designs of the Amsterdam School: furniture, lights, clocks, ceramic, textile and graphic designs as wallpaper. A must!
– Oh gosh, how we love Disco Dolly. It was only last week that we were singing out loud during their Spice Girls-night, and this weeks Friday Tom Caron is there for you. Want to get out on Saturday? Vic Crezée will be there!
– And have you already heard about Amsterdam’s newest club, the Curtain Club? On all nights of the weekend they’re open for you!
– Do want to dance but not too wild? The always chill Beatroots at Pllek is a perfect option!
– Roest is taken over by Funkalicious invites Zick Zack Soundsystem. This means funky beats and free entrance!
– Have you already listened to our Weekend Playlists on Spotify? Check our playlists here >>
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
Amsterdam Light festival
The Amsterdam Light Festival 2023/2024 are now on sale!More info & tickets »
Rent a bike!
Do you want to see a lot in a short time? Rent a bike and discover the city in a day.Rent a bike here »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »