Yes, the new year has begun and how! Hopefully you recovered from new years cause there are a lot of new parties to go to this weekend. Think of NieuwjaarsDiscoDip and a party in Paradiso that lasts up to 24 hours. Not really excited to dance? There’s a movie marathon at Filmtheater Kriterion where you can watch the best movies of 2016 and it’s your last chance to visit the expo The Art of Banksy. Discover everything in the new Amsterdam Weekend Guide for Friday 6th, Saturday January 7 and Sunday January 8th. The first one of the new year, enjoy!
Do you want to receive the Amsterdam Weekend Guide every week by email? Subscribe by using this black button and get the newsletter of Your Little Black Book!
PS: Want to know my bucket list for 2017? After seeing my latest video you’ll know all my dream destinations. Did you already subscribe to yourlbb.tv?
- Do you have a hangover and are you in for tasty sandwiches and good music on Sunday? Visit Groovy Tunes & Funky Broodjes at Amsterdam Roest.
- Looking for a nice place to have dinner tonight? Or do you want to update your food bucket list? We made a list with, in our opinion, the 34 best new restaurants of 2016 that you need to visit this year.
- Did you hear about Strangelove yet? The new restaurant of film theater Lab in Amsterdam West!
- Excited for a fancy party with gin tonics and nice music? Go to a new year’s reception in De Kopstootbar on Saturday. Don’t forget to say you’ll attend on the Facebook event page, that’s the guest list.
- The temperature drops and that means it’s time for cheese fondue. YES, check the nine best restaurants for cheese fondue in Amsterdam to eat cheese all night long.
- Time for another new year’s reception! At Floor 17 you can drink champagne and eat snacks from 6pm this Friday. Oh, and you can still play a game of curling on the rooftop with your friends.
- More up for a high tea and a lesson of personal branding? Book your ticket for the BrandedU High Tea and go for an educational and tasty Sunday afternoon at The College Hotel.
- On Saturday you can celebrate the new year with champagne and good music at De Japanner.
- Good news if you really want to go for a vegan lifestyle. You can learn how to cook really nice vegan meals on Saturday or Sunday. Go to the Vegan Winter Cooking Class and learn from the best.
Tip: Want to see other quick top lists? We have more! Discover them here >>
- YES, the IJ-hallen flea market is back this weekend. Read all about the IJ-Hallen on the blog and did you know it’s the largest flea market in Europe? Check it out on Saturday and Sunday!
- There’s another edition of the Pulitzer Winter Garden this Saturday so enjoy live performances, mulled wine and winter dishes for the last time in this cosy garden.
- Are you thinking about starting yoga this year? And this time for real ;-)? We listed our favourite yoga schools in Amsterdam.
- This Sunday you can watch the best rated Cineville films of 2016 at Filmtheater Kriterion. So invite your friends for an oldschool movie marathon!
- Not in the mood for movies? Then take a bathrobe, swim suit and flip flops and hop on your bike to The Volkshotel, because this Sunday it’s time for Badplaats Session again. Imagine: hot tubs, sauna, warm drinks and music.
- At The Hoxton you can work on your new year’s resolutions of trying new things. On Friday there’s a session on how to run a successful marketing campaign with Coqtail, on Saturday Anne Brugts brings her book ‘Amsterdam Characters’ to live and on Sunday you can do a workshop Macrame while sipping a mimosa cocktail.
- And don’t forget to go for ice skating at Museum Square this year. Or try a game of curling on the roof of Floor 17.
- La Dress starts the year with a new pop-up shop at BBB Health Boutique in the Jordaan. It’s the place to shop the best home, yoga and sports wear!
- Do you feel like shopping this weekend? It’s SALE everywhere! So check the best stores in Amsterdam here.
- Or do you want to add some new stores to your short list? Then this list with the best new store openings of 2016 is for you. Check it out here!
- Last call alert: The Art of Banksy at the Beurs van Berlage is open for the last weekend.
- At Foam you can check out the new solo exhibit of Harley Weir. Funny fact, Harley is discovered by the fashion-industry via her Tumblr-page, how cool is that?
- At the Werkplaats of the Volkshotel the expo ‘Extra Ordinary’ by Mark Rammers opens this Friday. A collection of images from Spain that learn us to look better to the world around us and how beautiful the places are that we cross every day.
- Only a few more weeks for the expo 90 years Marilyn Monroe at De Nieuwe Kerk. So don’t postpone your visit any longer, you can go only until February 5.
- This Friday at Amsterdam Roest you can bring your own records, CD’s or playlist and jump in the DJ booth to spin your tunes during NieuwjaarsDiscoDip.
- Not something for you? Then check out Zwarte Koffie at Paradiso. Expect a night full of Hip-Hop, Disco, Funk and Soul.
- This weekend Paradiso hosts the first 24 hour event that’s all about the Dutch underground-scene. Beside DJ’s you can also enjoy workshops and presentations! If you want to ;-).
- Another party at the Volkshotel this Friday with modern electronic African music during Hotel Tropique.
Chicago Social Club hosts a party where the line up is filled with brothers, sisters and cousins spinning records together. Sounds fun!
If you ask me the weekend is perfect to dream away and arm chair travel to destinations all over the world. So did you see our new travel guides already?
- Do something different then Copenhagen this year! Did you spot our Aarhus Travel Guide yet?
- Discover our favourite 11 hotspots in Paris you shouldn’t miss on your next trip!
- In need for winter fun? Check our Aruba Travel Guide for the best tips!
- Read more? -