Weekend tips for June 26, 27 & 28!
OMG OMG OMG. While I’m preparing you guys for a fun weekend in Amsterdam, I’ll be checking off something on my #bucketlist. Because I’ll be at Glastonbury Festival this weekend! So awesome! Of course that means I’ll miss all the fun things in Amsterdam this weekend. For example at The Grand Sample Sale you’ll find the coolest brands from Amsterdam. Or the Banksy exposition at the Lionel Gallery. By the way, also check out our updated list with 17 brunch hotspots in Amsterdam! >> Happy Weekend!
Tip: if you sign up for the newsletter you get this guide in your inbox every Friday!
Tip: listen to Amsterdam FM for my personal tips from the Amsterdam Weekend Guide. Live at 11.45!
– The Volkshotel turns 1 this weekend and that means party time! On Saturday Canvas and 22tracks are coming together with some morning tunes and a brunch. A lobster brunch!
– Just opened: Wolf Atelier! There used to be a pop-up restaurant at this location but now we can enjoy our dinner with chef Wolf.
– Have you already been to Café de Paris or Metropolitain? Two new hotspots at Rokin! Perfect for a weekend brunch, a drink or a French meal.
– There’s also something new in De Pijp: dining cafe Paskamer! From the owners of restaurant Reuring.
– This weekend there’s a new culinairy music event: Waterfront Chill & Groove. The waterfront of restaurant het Bosch will be thé place to relax. With some chill-, soulfull- and deep house music. And bites like street food, BBQ dishes and classics with a modern twist.
– Almost every weekend there’s something special to do or to eat at Razmataz! On Sunday you can Pellen, Pielen & Pimpelen. That means eating shrimps, clams, razor clams and lobster for cheap kilo prices.
– We love these places for Friday afterwork drinks!
* Start your weekend at ArtDeli! Wines, music and fishcakes at the place where art and food come together at one place.
* Looking for a place at the Rivierenbuurt and Amsterdam Old South to have some beers? Then check out the beer garden at Strandzuid!
* Pllek is always a good idea for Feeling Friday.
* From 17:00h you can enjoy drinks with a twist at BAUTzuid.
* SoSo Lobi at Waterkant is highly recommended for summer vibes, beer and roti!
* Have you checked the new place called Bret yet? Recommended for everyone living in BOLO or passes by Sloterdijk.
* Or check out our list with 10 Friday afterwork drinks spots in Amsterdam!
– These spots just opened!:
* De Graanschuur
* Brut de Mer
* Ron Gastrobar Oriental
* Kevin Bacon
– Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier! Did you check them yet?
* 5 summerproof rooftops in Amsterdam
* 91 hotspots you should know in West
* 43 restaurants in Amsterdam West
* the best hotspots at the JP Heijestraat
* 48 best terraces in Amsterdam
* 10 summer hotspots
* 20 x the best take-out addresses
* 11 x of the best Italian food
* 12 burger bars you must know
* 17 nicest breakfast spots in town
* 9 x cheese fondue in Amsterdam
* 14 healthy hotspots we love
* 9 cool spots with a fire place
* hotspots in Amsterdam where you can eat gluten free!
* 17 x the best brunch spots
* 15 great bars and cafes in Amsterdam
* 5 spots in Amsterdam for Italian coffee
* 5 favourite hotspots for hot coco
* 36 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 18 best cocktail bars in Amsterdam
* 8 spots for free wifi, good coffee & lunch
* 9 best places to drink G&T’s in Amsterdam
* 10 restaurants where parking your car is no problem
* 10 favourite healthy spots
* 5 Saturday food markets
– We know all about a good picnic in the park! From the best parks in Amsterdam to picnic and how you make a salad in the park without spilling everything on your picnic blanket. YES, we found a solution for that!
– Besides a lobster brunch, the Volkshotel had a lot more coming for their first birthday. From Saturday morning 9:30 till Sunday morning 4am they invite to to celebrate Volkshotel’s First Birthday with a market, bands, poetry, stories and theater. Later on you can dance the night away at Canvas!
– On Saturday you can go to ZOOmeravonden at Artis again! Until the end of August the zoo will be opened every Saturday until sunset so you can listen to music and do other fun activities.-
– Have you been to Vondelpark Openlucht Theater? Until September 27 you can go here for free music, theater, dance and cabaret performances.
– Live At started in the Amsterdam Forest! This series of open air concerts in the Bostheater have some good artists in their line-up that you definitely don’t want to miss.
– Save the date: June 26 and 27th you can get your entire summer wardrobe with our favourite brands from Amsterdam together at the The Grand Sample Sale. You can find brands like Fab., Ibana, Anna + Nina, Anecdote, Lovestories, The Old House and Gaylaber.
– Another sample sale this weekend! Like This is having a sale at the Westerstraat!
– Crazy about books? Go to the Taschen Warehouse Sale! For books about art, fashion, photography, traveling and more.
– Have you already been to Felice? Here you can buy interior designs, fashion and more!
– Or do some sustainable shopping at Charlie + Mary! Here they sell eco-friendly fashion for men and women.
– Have you already read our blog about 5 x museum expositions that you want to see this summer?
– Go to Foam for the recently opened expo Swinging Sixties London – Photography in the Capital of Coo. Until September 2nd.
– Don’t forget to go to the World Press Photo exhibition in Amsterdam! Only one week left at the Nieuwe Kerk (till July 5th).
– In the city archives of Amsterdam there is a cool exhibition with photos of Cor Jaring! Aside from the famous pictures there are also newly discovered photo’s on display. A must-see! (until July 12th).
– On Friday night you can celebrate the summer at Hannekes Boom during the Hannekes Zomerfeest!
– There’s a another festival coming up this weekend: Awakenings. There are only tickets left for Sunday (or you could go hunting on Ticketswap).
– The Pineappleclub is one year old this weekend! That means once again a night filled with tropical sounds.
– This weekend there will be a new club opening: Nova!
– Have you seen it already? Every weekend we make a new list on Spotify! Check our playlists here >>
PS: more hotspots are in the Amsterdam Little Black Book. A city guide to Amsterdam with the best restaurants, shops and things to do. Always new addresses coming up so check out your online Little Black Book daily for the latest hotspots in town!
Anne de Buck
- Read more? -