Weekend tips for June 19, 20 & 21!
There it is: the weekend! And that means fun Friday afternoon drinks! Where are you going to have your drinks? Check out our list of 10 best places for Friday after work drinks in Amsterdam. And I’ll see you Sunday too right? At the first edition of the Rooftop Disco at Floor17? A little party on the tallest rooftop of the Netherlands with summer tunes, drinks and bites. We are super excited about it! Buy your ticket fast because it’s almost sold out! Don’t feel like partying? Check our blog with 5 must see expo’s this summer! >> Enjoy!
PS: if you sign up for the newsletter you get this guide in your inbox every Friday!
Tip: listen to Amsterdam FM for my personal tips from the Amsterdam Weekend Guide. Live at 11.45!
– It is time for the NeighbourFood Market and with this time the Classique Weekender! With this one we’ll be going back in time. Expect grandma’s recipes, Mediaeval dishes and old-fashioned cooking techniques.
– The Local Goods Saturday Market has a Food Edition this week. Yay!
– Saturday there’s Avondmarkt (Evening market) at Roest to celebrate the last day of spring. Food trucks and market stalls will be both present and… you can dance too!
– It’s Dutch Rhubarb Week! At Razmataz you can therefore enjoy amazing rhubarb dishes for the whole week.
– The new brewery + tasting room from Oedipus will be officially open on Friday! This means that there will be a new location in Amsterdam North where we can drink beer during the weekend! Try the Rhubarb Ria this Friday; the first beer that’s brewed at their new location!
– There’s a new hotspot for granola bars, cookies, crackers or yoghurt: De Graanschuur at the Van Woustraat!
– We love these places for Friday afterwork drinks!
* Looking for a place at the Rivierenbuurt and Amsterdam Old South to have some beers? Then check out the beer garden at Strandzuid!
* Pllek is always a good idea for Feeling Friday.
* From 17:00h you can enjoy drinks with a twist at BAUTzuid.
* SoSo Lobi at Waterkant: Friday drinks with a Surinamese vibe!
* Did you check and the new place called Bret yet? Highly recommended for everyone living in BOLO of passes by Sloterdijk.
* And did you see our list with 10 Friday afterwork drinks spots in Amsterdam?
– These spots just opened!:
* Brut de Mer
* Ron Gastrobar Oriental
* Kevin Bacon
– Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier! Did you check them yet?
* 5 summerproof rooftops in Amsterdam
* 91 hotspots you should know in West
* 43 restaurants in Amsterdam West
* the best hotspots at the JP Heijestraat
* 48 best terraces in Amsterdam
* 10 summer hotspots
* 20 x the best take-out addresses
* 11 x of the best Italian food
* 12 burger bars you must know
* 17 nicest breakfast spots in town
* 9 x cheese fondue in Amsterdam
* 14 healthy hotspots we love
* 9 cool spots with a fire place
* hotspots in Amsterdam where you can eat gluten free!
* 16 x the best brunch spots
* 15 great bars and cafes in Amsterdam
* 5 spots in Amsterdam for Italian coffee
* 5 favourite hotspots for hot coco
* 36 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 18 best cocktail bars in Amsterdam
* 8 spots for free wifi, good coffee & lunch
* 9 best places to drink G&T’s in Amsterdam
* 10 restaurants where parking your car is no problem
* 10 favourite healthy spots
* 5 Saturday food markets
– Every summer Saturday you can go to Artis for the ZOOmeravonden! Until the end of August the zoo will be opened every Saturday until sunset so you can listen to music and do other fun activities.-
– The Vondelpark Openlucht Theater is open for free music, theater, dance and cabaret performances until September 27.
– Live At started in the Amsterdam Forest! This series of open air concerts in the Bostheater have some good artists in their line-up that you definitely don’t want to miss.
– Have you been to Kiloshop yet? Here you can buy the best vintage items per kilo!
– Shopping green is possible at the newest shop called Wildernis. From big room plants to gardening tools and jewelry inspired by vegetables.
– Have you already read our blog about 5 x museum expositions that you want to see this summer?
– There’s a new expo at Foam! Swinging Sixties London – Photography in the Capital of Coo. Until September 2nd.
– Don’t forget to go to the World Press Photo exhibition in Amsterdam yet! A must see (till July 5th)!
– In the city archives of Amsterdam there is a cool exhibition with photos of Cor Jaring! Aside from the famous pictures there are also newly discovered photo’s on display. A must-see! (until July 12th).
– On Sunday you can of course come dance at the first edition of our Rooftop Disco! Don’t you have a ticket yet? Then buy it quickly, we sold out but have a few extra tickets!
– There’s another festival coming up this weekend: Best Kept Secret. A weekender at the Beekse Bergen.
– Looking for some cool weekend tunes? Check out our playlists on Spotify! Check the latest one here >>>
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
VERY VERY NICE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.
Follow @yourlbb on Instagram