THESE ARE THE BEST TIPS FOR FUN ACTIVITIES IN AMSTERDAM THIS WEEKEND
Did you enjoy your week? We are working insanely hard behind the scenes on our new website, but luckily we also had time this week to enjoy the new afternoon tea at the Waldorf, go to the exhibition Voedsel van Morgen and to the Amsterdamse Bostheater for our annual theatre picnic! Also, don’t forget to score your last minute ticket to Welcome To The Future! Did you already make plans for the weekend? Check out the new Amsterdam Weekend Guide for July 19, 20 + 21. Happy Weekend!
SUPER HANDY! Want to receive the Amsterdam Weekend Guide in your inbox every Friday? Sign up for the newsletter!
10 X THE BEST TIPS FOR THIS WEEKEND IN AMSTERDAM
❶ Did you pick a day yet to go to the Three Musketiers in the ‘Amsterdamse Bostheater’? Go for a cozy picnic with friends first and then when the sun sets, enjoy the show in the beautiful arena of the forest theatre. Want to know more? Read the blog here >>
❷ Like I mentioned before, we heard that there are some tickets left for Welcome To The Future. Feel like going to a festival this Saturday July 20? This cool festival over at nature area Twiske is one of our favourites! Score your tickets here >>
❸ This weekend marks the return of Groovy Tables by Gin Mare on the rooftop of Hoogtij in Amsterdam Noord on July 19 and 20. Want to find out if you can still reserve a spot for this special Mediterranean dinner? Check out all dates and times >>
❹ Your Little Black Book congratulates restaurant BAK. They are celebrating their 6th anniversary and will be celebrating this on Saturday and Sunday with a special menu. Curious to find out if they still have a table available? Check out the Facebook event >>
❺ Fancy a boat ride and some oysters? Then join The Seafood Bar Cruise on July 21. With oysters for € 1,- and a lot of other delicious things. More info and details via the Facebook event >>
| AMSTERDAM TIPS: did you check out all these articles yet? Redbone, Dok du Nord, Karaat, Stan & Co, Bam Boa, Cabrón, Pacific, Matcha Mafia, Sjefietshe, Meat & Greek, Spectrum, Nazka, Baohuis, Kim Chi Wow, Restaurant Watergang, Hola Poke, 19 x internationale restaurants in Amsterdam, The Hoxton New York, Ron Gastrobar Downtown, Nnea, The Bab, Buurthaven, Naylor’s, The Lebanese Sajeria, Aesop & Aziatische High Tea.
❻ Vintage Per Kilo is returning in the Posthoornkerk this weekend for their mega sale. Come treasure hunting and vintage clothes shopping and pay per kilo! All info via the Facebook event >>
❼ Want to go for Friday afternoon drinks this Friday? Then FRITS! is your place, over at the Amstelhotel. Ticket are all sold out, but they will be selling 100 tickets at the door. So you know what that means: be on time! Read all about it in the Facebook event >>
❽ QRU on the Cruquiusweg 144 is organising a flea market again this weekend. So bring your rug or old blanket and start selling! Want to find out more about this? Check out the Facebook event >>
❾ Feel like going for a bottomless brunch? Then come to the Hoxton on Sunday from 11am. Disco theme included! Read all about it in the Facebook event >>
❿ Kwaku Festival is back this weekend at the Nelson Mandelapark. One of the most colourful festivals that we have in this city! With loads of great food from all across the world and of course the most fun and upbeat live music. Want to know more about this? Check out the festival website >>
Our newest lists
YOURLBB’S SUMMER TIPS
- FOODIE TIP: Last week was our second time having dinner via SurpriSeat. This restaurant platform turns going out to dinner into a real exciting event again. I highly recommend trying this out for a date night. For € 24,95 you can book a 2 course dinner in Amsterdam or Rotterdam. The restaurant you will be eating at is kept secret until a couple hours before dinner time. Want to experience this too? Use the code YLBB to get a € 7,50 discount on a surprise dinner for 2. Read more about it in this blogpost or make a reservation here for your own SurpriSeat >>
- CULTURE TIP: Ever been to the Moco? It’s one of our favourite museums in Amsterdam for modern art. From the cool work of street artist Banksy to the Moco Masters and several temporary exhibitions. Right now they are hosting an exclusive exhibition from Yayoi Kusama where a complete room is decorated all in her distinctive style. Aside from that you can also enjoy an exhibition by Daniel Arsham. Both run until September 30! Buy your tickets online with a discount >>
- How often do you think about the future of food and what will be on your plate in 2015? Last week I attended the event ‘Voedsel van morgen’ in the new De Studio at Nemo Science Museum. A great exhibition that really gives you food for thoughts. Food in powder form made from your own DNA? What? Click here for more info and opening hours >>
Dit bericht bekijken op Instagram
FEED YOUR WANDERLUST, PLAN YOUR NEXT TRIP THIS WEEKEND!|
TIP: going on a holiday soon? You will find over 100 guides on Your Little Black Book for destinations all across the world.
FAN OF THE VLOGS? CHECK OUT THE LATEST VIDEO’S NOW!
PSSSST… FIND MORE (TRAVEL)TIPS IN MY BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a holiday close to home
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Nederlands) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)
The perfect present for yourself or someone that loves travel just as much as you!
Anne de Buck