Amsterdam Weekend Guide for January 5, 6 and 75 January 2018
2018 is finally here! Of course I hope you all began this new year as best as possible. Lots of you will have set some new years resolutions for yourselves, and lets all try to really maintain them this year! ;-) In case you have any left over energy after all of the holidays, or just feel like going out, in this first weekend of 2018 there are again lots of things to do in Amsterdam! Like going shopping at the IJ-Hallen, or hang out at the Seafood Sunday at Restaurant MOER or perhaps score the best items while enjoying some live music and a drink at the New Years Market on the Westergasterrein. Anyway, enough of things to do this weekend!
Enjoy your weekend and let’s make it a great year!
45 tips for fun things to do this weekend in Amsterdam
- Would you like to make a toast with your friends on the new year? Check out 18 hotspots in every neighbourhood of Amsterdam that are perfect for a drink here.
- At the end of the year we’ve looked back on all the new restaurants that have opened! In this list we’ve lined up 32 of our favourites suitable for every budget.
- Want to plan a coffee date with friends in the new year? These 12 coffee spots have opened their doors in Amsterdam in 2017!
- In 2018 Restaurant MOER continues with their Seafood Sunday! At Sea (you) Sunday you can get the best bar bites, G&T’s and live Jazz music! Check out the Facebook event here.
- Would you like to ease down on your expenses after all the holidays but still love to have breakfast outside somewhere? At Proeflokaal A. van Wees they host an early breakfast every Sunday from 9AM till 12PM! You’ll get a breakfast here with croissant and fresh orange juice for a mere € 5,-. For a good start of the day!
- At Bar Braai at the Westerpark they start off 2018 with a Braai Buffet every Sunday. From 4PM you can enjoy all the delicious grill dishes that you know by Bar Braai for € 16,-. Check the Facebook event for the reservations and more info.
- The pop-up restaurant Mister Makan is open in the Kopstootbar up until January 13th. You can get the best tasting indo street food here and also very nice: vegans have lots of option too!
- Every Saturday and Sunday it’s time for drinks at Partisan starting from 3PM. Delicious wines or a nice cocktail together with the best bar bites. Also a 3-course lunch menu is possible. Check the Facebook event here.
- Sunday January 7th is the openings evening of The Chefsclub. This is a fine dining pop-up restaurant situated on the First Floor of the RAI Amsterdam. The first turn is Chef Jermain de Rozario. Every dish he prepares is a true piece of art. Check the Facebook event for more info and the reservations.
- More tips in our winter lists:
- Would you like to know which restaurants will be opening soon? Keep a close eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list! We’ve just added some new gems.
- Tip: We’ve got many more great lists! Check them here >>
- We can finally go ice skating in Amsterdam again! On the ice rink ICE Amsterdam on Museum Square all the skaters are welcome, from the pros to the beginners. Or also if you just want to drink a glühwein and support the skaters from the side, of course.
- The beautiful Hortus Botanicus is open during the evening for a couple of dates in the winter. You can get a tour across the magical enlightened garden, have a three course dinner or just stop by for a drink. The Hortus By Light is very nice to do as a romantic evening with your lover! This weekend is the last chance so be quick if you still want to visit.
- Also a huge fan of the Netflix series Black Mirror? In the Cinema of the Dam’d at the Overtoom they show 2 movies on Sunday that are just as dystopic and bizarre. Great for the film freaks! Check the Facebook event and which movies here.
- The Amsterdam Light Festival is in full swing. This yearly light festival can be seen across the entire city and it’s yet again such a special sight from a boat. Very special to see all the pieces of light art from the water and there’s also lots of things to do at the Marine terrain!
- And have you heard that the curling track at Floor 17 is still open?
- Up until February you can visit the Beurs van Berlage to see the exposition “Legendary Trunks” about the history of the iconic Louis Vuitton suitcase. A must visit for anyone who’s into travelling, because you hear all about the history of travelling and the part the suitcase plays in that. I secretly would love one of those suitcases that you can put down as a wardrobe. Good old times!
- Want to get some me-time after all the holidays and perhaps visit a hairdresser or get your nails done? In this new list we’ve lined up 7 beauty addresses for you.
- Do you need to take it slow with your cash after all these expensive holidays? These 13 things in Amsterdam will cost you absolutely nothing and are fun to do!
- Would you like to shine a little more in the kitchen yourself? If so, go to Zoku on the Weesperstraat on Sunday. Here you’ll learn to cook the best dishes on an authentic way by a real Indian chef. Extra fun: all the dishes are vegetarian and/or vegan. Click here for the Facebook event with more info.
- Feel like doing something different in Amsterdam for a change, but don’t know what? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you have to have done at least once in your life!
- For whoever secretly doesn’t feel like going out we’ve made another list. Namely one of the series of 2017 that you’d want to have seen (which makes it perfect to binge watch).
- In this first weekend of 2018 you can go shopping at the IJ-Hallen! At the best flea market of The Netherlands you’ll score the best items for a small price. Perfect if your new years resolution to spend less on shopping ;-). Check the Facebook event here.
- On Sunday January 7th there is a Closet Sale on the Singel. You’ll find lots of fashion, shoes and accessories by well-known brands such as Nike, Adidas, Levi’s and many more. Click here for the Facebook event with more info.
- This first weekend of the year you can visit the New Years Market at the Westergasterrein. Besides cute items, artworks, jewelry and fashion you can also enjoy live music and snacks! Entrance is free. Check the Facebook event for more info.
- Is the winter here too cold for you and are you planning on travelling soon (or later this year)? This weekend the Vacation expo for special trips can be visited in the Beurs van Berlage. Discover how you can make the most beautiful trips to Thailand or Cape Verde, but Antarctica is also an option. Check the Facebook event with more info here.
- Do concept stores in Amsterdam also make you really happy any time? Whether you’re looking for nice gifts to give to friends or for yourself; in concept stores the options are really diverse and you are very likely to succeed. That’s why we’ve lined up our favourite concept stores to go shopping for the best items.
- LAB 111 is all about Japanese animation movies up until January 27. They show several movies by various (Oscar winning) directors. And very convenient: they have English subtitles. Check the Facebook event here.
- Till January 2019 you can see the exposition Fashion Cities Africa in the Tropenmuseum. At this new exposition in the Tropenmuseum the scenes of fashion in four large African cities play the lead: Casablanca, Johannesburg, Nairobi and Lagos. Lots of fashion designers, bloggers and stylists from these cities have gained worldwide popularity on social media. With their designs, photos and videos they inspire fashion lovers from all around the world.
- Up until January 6 you can get a free tour in the Hermitage through their exposition Portrait Gallery of the Golden Age. It’s in English, but nonetheless fun for everyone to do. The only thing you need to do is to sign up at the front desk of the museum. Click here for the Facebook event with more info.
- Are you into classical music? If so, you’d want to go to VondelCS on Saturday afternoon. Vondel Klassiek will take place here. A large orchestra will play the most beautiful pieces by Bach and Strauss among others. Check the Facebook event for tickets and more info.
- And read all about at which museums you can have a great dinner closeby here!
- Start the new year on a roll! At Club Lite you can go skating while dancing on the best hits at the Skate Dance Roller Party. The club is closing per March 1st, so a nice option if you still want to stop by before closing. Good to know: for the beginners they host a workshop before the party starts to get the hang of skating a bit more! Check the Facebook event here.
- The Chin Chin Club happily continues in the new year as well. They host the Partyfeest on Friday night. Besides the hits that they’ll play you can also play the well-known arcade games or sing-a-long with the karaoke.
- Do you need some inspiration for clubs you’ll definitely want to visit in 2018? Check out out lists of the best clubs in Amsterdam here >>
- Are you careless about new years resolutions? If so, Onverstandig x New Years Special in Nova might be just the party for you. Dance the night away on the best R&B and hiphop tunes.
- Get our
- Amsterdam app
- With over 800 hotspots nearby
Now on Yourlbb.tv
After , , Paris there is now also a The Hoxton hotel in New York.
After , , Paris there is now also a The Hoxton hotel in New York.
We think that every city should have a restaurant like Watergang. It’s small, very cosy
For all your poké bowl cravings in Amsterdam there now is a new hotspot in The Pijp