WEEKEND! This rainy weather won’t stop us from going out. There’s a lot to do in Amsterdam so get your coat and conquer the rain. We gathered our best tips in the new Weekend Guide! You can go to the first food festival of 2017, eat oysters for only 1 Euro at RAZMATAZ or buy the best books at De Hallen. There are also a few pop up dinners that you can visit and of course check a lot of new hotspots! What other things you can do this weekend? Discover everything in this new Amsterdam Weekend Guide for February 24, 25 and 26!
Do you want to receive the Amsterdam Weekend Guide by email every week? Subscribe by using this black button below and get our weekend tips in your inbox on Friday!
- This weekend you can go to the very first food festival of 2017: We Love Food at the Kromhouthal. Gather your friends and enjoy some delicious meals!
- It’s time to order oysters for only 1 euro at Zilte Zondag at RAZMATAZ this Sunday. YAY
- We really love french toast, but where can you find the best one in Amsterdam? Check our list and go tasting!
- The Jordaan is getting a new treasure in a few months: The Good Companion for fresh fish and chips.
- Curious about the newest food trends? We listed 10 of the biggest ones in this list
- The Chippy’s Sunday Roast Club is back! This Sunday you can enjoy roasted meat like chicken. But also Yorkshire puddings, roasted vegetables and potatoes. Sounds good
- Curious which restaurants are opening their doors soon? Then keep an eye on our new guide ‘Coming Soon‘! We just added some new spots.
- Do you want to enjoy a high tea with friends or your lover? We listed our favourite spots for the best high tea in Amsterdam.
This sunday you can go to The Morning x Zoku Amsterdam and enjoy a 3-course breakfast! Food on a hangover Sunday, you can’t wish for a better way to spend your Sunday.
Craving cakes? Then visit our favourite spots in Amsterdam to try then all.
Do you like Vietnamese food? Book a table at the Vietnamese Pop Up dinner Rice Paper, Rice Paper on Sunday, and enjoy a 3-course menu for only 15 euro!
Sunday it’s also Restaurantavond at Rijk van de Keizer. Start with drinks and end the night with a dance.
Do you want to order healthy food for a change? We gathered the 17 best and healthiest spots, and our favourite meals that you can order online. YUM!
There’s a new hotspot in Bos en Lommer to go to! Local Hero voor all-day breakfast en lunch.
This Sunday you can go to the Vondelpark and bbq for the very last time. From the first of March it’s prohibited to bbq at the Vondelpark so let’s celebrate it properly for the last time with a good piece of meat.
Tip: do you want to discover new places, fast? Then check out or TOP LISTS with the best hotspots in town for every moment: Discover them here >>
Are your plants always dying? Than go to a workshop to keep your plants alive at Wildernis at the Bilderdijkstraat. Handy!
At the Hallen you can go to a book event on Sunday. The best booksellers from across the country are coming together to show you their treasures.
Date night! Take your lover to one of our favourite must see movies of this month. Have fun!
And when you’re already planning a movie night? Visit one of these movie theatres in Amsterdam!
- Sexyland is your new favourite club house in Amsterdam, every day another party. Nice!
The Mercatormarket is back! This Saturday you can taste, shop and play old Dutch games with friends at the Mercatormarket.
Gather your friends and go to the pubquiz at ’t Blauwe Theehuis on Friday.
Vincent op Vrijdag brings modern art to the Melkweg with an exhibition. Popculture, music and art are coming together this Fridayevening. Sounds fun!
Every year the Volkshotel turns into a theater festival where young, talented performers can do whatever they want. Singer-songwriters in the elevator, performances in hotel rooms and surprises in the laundry room. Go!
I’m trying to get used to a new work-out regime of fitness, hot yoga, and swimming. I started working out at David Lloyd last week and I love it there because it’s a one stop spot since they also have a pool! And of course I don’t mind going there on the weekends either, for the sauna ;-).
Follow a lesson of yoga at the Hoxton every Sunday from now on. Refresh!
- Do you want to check the best vintage stores in Amsterdam? These are our favourite vintage stores in Amsterdam.
- More into vintage furniture? We gathered our favourite stores to buy the real treasures.
- 11 X it-shoes you want to buy this Spring, which ones do you already have?
- Did you already visit these new stores in Amsterdam?
- At Joods Historisch Museum you can go to the movie première Hummus! The Movie on Sunday. You can guess what the subject of this day is: hummus. That’s not all, after the movie you can go to the Museum café to join a competition of making hummus. When you can’t cook, you can just go for a taste. For more information and getting tickets you can check the website of the museum
- Do you like street art? Then go to the ASA GO Show at Go Gallery. 130 artists from Amsterdam show their best street art work. You can visit the exhibition till March 18
- Until May 7 you can go to “100 Jaar Schiphol – Klaar voor Vertrek” in the Amsterdam Museum. You’ll learn everything you need to know about the Dutch airways.
- At Stedelijk Museum the exhibition “Verliefde Camera” of Ed van der Elksen is a must to visit. He’s one of the greatest Dutch photographers and documentary filmmakers of the 20th century. Verliefde Camera is the largest global overview of his 25 years of work. You can visit the exhibition till May 21.
- Up for a cultural afternoon? These are the 8 most beautiful exhibitions in Amsterdam this month.
- Check out the EYE Museum this weekend and visit the exhibition – Béla Tarr – Till the End of the World. Béla Tarr is one of the world’s most influential film authors of the past thirty years. You can visit the exhibit until May 17.
- At Foam you can see the Ren Hang exhibition. Naked young adults, most of the time Chinese, in combination with swans, peacocks, and snakes.
This Saturday you can go to DE RAAD VAN 11 at Thuishaven. When you want to celebrate carnaval, this is the place to be!
Bar Broker is ‘closing’ and gives a big, big closing party this Saturday. Expect a night to remember! But do you now they stay open for another 3 months?
Up for a good, good party? Then celebrate the third birthday of Vieze Poezendek with friends on Friday.
This Friday you can enjoy the new Friday night concept La Suite at 5&33 Art’otel. An evening filled with art, fashion, and good music.
Het Sieraad is getting transformed into a party palace for the Friday afternoon drink of EdelWise. Time to drink, dine and dance!
Friyay at Supperclub it is! A night full of silliness, good music and a lot of nice people.
This Saturday you can find The Flexican at Disco Dolly. It promises to be a good party, as always!
Frits is getting two years old and that means it’s time for a party at the WesterUnie. Expect balloons, confetti, photobooths and of course lots of cake.
The Weeknd is in Amsterdam and even though the tickets are long gone, maybe you can find one at Ticketswap. Fingers crossed!
Het Partycarnaval 2017 at Het Sieraad this Saturday is the perfect party to get to know carnaval. Gather your friends, dress up and let’s go!
You can also go to Zwarte Liefde at Cut Throat on Saturday. The best vinyl records will be played by the best DJ’s. Hip hop, RNB, disco, funk, soul, jazz, you can dance on them all.
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
VERY VERY NICE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.