WEEKEND! Not sure what to do this weekend? Check out this new Amsterdam Weekend Guide. You can, for example, go to a Tipsy High Tea at The Duchess, finally go to the Sjefietshé pop up at the Hoxton, or go on a hotspot hunt at the Overtoom. Tip: the movie Fifty Shades Darker is now showing so get ready for a date night. Or check out Design Icons if you love vintage design furniture. What other things you can do this weekend? Discover everything in this new Amsterdam Weekend Guide for February 10, 11 and 12!
Do you want to receive the Amsterdam Weekend Guide by email every week? Subscribe by using this black button below and get our weekend tips in your inbox on Friday!
- Curious which restaurants are opening their doors soon? Then keep an eye on our new guide ‘Coming Soon‘! We just added some new spots.
- Up for a date night? Take your lover to Thirty5ive Wine & Food bar at Javaplein. It’s such a romantic place!
- It’s time for a burger with friends! We made a list with the best and tastiest burger places in Amsterdam.
In for some champagne? This Sunday you can visit the Tipsy Tea Party at The Duchess. Or book their special Valentea for Valentine’s Day!
- Finally it’s time for the Sjefietshé pop up restaurant at The Hoxton. Did you already book your table?
- Why wait for the meal you just ordered if you can also pick it up at the restaurant? Get your meal on your way home from the office or during your lunchbreak. foodora introduced the pick-up service and we tested it!
- Tip: these are the newest and best breakfast, lunch and coffee places in Amsterdam from the last few months.
- Stach just opened an Asian Food Court at the Overtoom where you can eat and take away poké bowls and sushi. Perfect for the moments when you’re not in the mood to cook after a long day of work.
- Casa Sabatelli is thé new pasta place on the Kinkerstraat where you want to go. Nice for an affordable dinner!
- In for an All you Can Eat brunch on an early Sunday morning? Gather your friends and family and enjoy a glass of orange juice, croissants, and pancakes at Kauffmann.
- Do you want to order healthy food for a change? We gathered the 17 best and healthiest spots, and our favourite meals that you can order online. YUM!
- Longing for Gyros? Meet & Greek is the new place to be for all the Greek lovers in Amsterdam! You can find this place at Utrechtsestraat.
- Valentine’s Day is around the corner, surprise your date with a romantic diner at one of these lovely restaurants!
Tip: do you want to discover new places, fast? Then check out or TOP LISTS with the best hotspots in town for every moment: Discover them here >>
- It’s finally time for Design Icons Amsterdam. You can find vintage treasures like furniture and interior accessories at the Kromhouthal this whole weekend.
- I’m trying to get used to a new work-out regime of fitness, hot yoga, and swimming. I started working out at David Lloyd last week and I love it there because it’s a one stop spot since they also have a pool! And of course I don’t mind going there on the weekends either, for the sauna ;-).
- Not sure what to do on Valentine’s Day in Amsterdam? We made a list with the best things to do on this romantic day. Love is in the air!
- Yes, you can finally see the movies Fifty Shades Darker and Jackie. Not your kind of movie? Check our cinema guide with the must see’s of this month. Have fun!
- And when you’re already planning a movie night? Visit one of these movie theatres in Amsterdam!
- Follow a DETOX treatment with the juices from PLUK and start February clean.
- This Saturday you can go to the KLOFFIE Market in De Hallen. A market where you can shop for clothing with value. Think of collectors items and designer wear. Do you want to sell your own clothes? Check the website for the coming editions.
- This Saturday you can follow a yoga lesson of The Bootcamp Club Amsterdam at the 5&33 Gallery.
Sunday danceday! On Sunday you can visit the De Hallen Amsterdam for some live dance performances from for example, the Nationale Ballet. You can also follow lessons from professional dance schools. Let’s dance!
At theater de Krakeling you can watch the dance performance Liefde. Eight young dancers are looking for love. Think of first kisses, princes in shining armor, clumsy serenades and high heels.
Follow a lesson of yoga at the Hoxton every Sunday from now on. Sit back and refresh.
- Get a Valentine’s touch on your nails at the Volkshotel so you’re ready for Valentine’s Day.
- On the Prinsengracht there’s a new store with a funky, pink interior design called: Catwalk Junkie.
- Do you want to go to shopping abroad? These are the 10 prettiest concept stores in the world.
- Up for an afternoon of vintage shopping? We gathered our favourite 14 vintage stores in Amsterdam.
- We gathered the best shopping addresses in Amsterdam city centre, it’s time to shop.
- Do you need some me-time? These are our favorite 5 beauty spots in Amsterdam.
- Do you like street art? Than go to the ASA GO Show at Go Gallery. 130 artists from Amsterdam show their best street art work. You can visit the exhibition till March 18.
- At Foam you can see the Ren Hang exhibition. Naked young adults, most of the time Chinese, in combination with swans, peacocks, and snakes.
- Until May 7 you can go to 100 Jaar Schiphol – Klaar voor Vertrek in the Amsterdam Museum. You’ll learn everything you need to know about the Dutch airways.
- At Stedelijk Museum the exhibition Verliefde Camera of Ed van der Elksen is a must to visit. He’s one of the greatest Dutch photographers and documentary filmmakers of the 20th century. Verliefde Camera is the largest global overview of his 25 years of work. You can visit the exhibition till May 21.
- Up for a cultural afternoon? These are the 8 most beautiful exhibitions in Amsterdam this month.
- At Foam you can check out the new solo exhibit of Harley Weir. You can visit the exhibit until the 19th of February.
- Check out the EYE Museum this weekend and visit the exhibition – Béla Tarr – Till the End of the World. Béla Tarr is one of the world’s most influential film authors of the past thirty years. You can visit the exhibit until May 17.
- This Saturday you can go to a poolparty at Sloterparkbad. Palmtrees, cocktails, inflatable animals, and good music. Who’s joining?
Ready for a relaxed afternoon with tasty sandwiches this Sunday at Amsterdam Roest? It’s time for another edition of The Sandwich Club.
This Saturday you can find your spiritual side at The Gardens of Babylon. Meditate with 250 others, get a massage, and dance until the sunrises.
- Single? There’s a chance you can still find your Valentine this year. This Friday you can visit the Vleeskeuring: Vind Je Valentijn at Amsterdam Roest. Better said: Tinder in real life.
- Are you a big fan of Whitney Houston? Then honor her at the Spot On Whitney Houston Tribute at the Kopstootbar. It’s already been five years since we said goodbye to this incredible singer.
Rock The Boat is organizing a Valentine’s party on Saturday. Another shot of love!
Up for a night full of hip hop music? Gather your friends and visit Juicy at De Balie this Friday. Don’t forget to buy your tickets!
- African music is happy music! This Friday you can go to the Tolhuistuin for Eclectic Africa, nice!
More into tunes from Jamaica or Puerto Rico? Then take a look at Stairway to Heaven this Friday and start practicing moving your hips.
- This Friday you can enjoy the new Friday night concept La Suite at 5&33 Art’otel. An evening filled with art, fashion, and good music.
Flirtation is back at Club Panama. This Saturday you and your girlfriends can enjoy a real girls night only ’cause men are not invited!
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
VERY VERY NICE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.