YES, it’s weekend! And there’s a lot to do in Amsterdam so time to go out and do something fun. You can order oysters for only 1 euro at The Seafood Bar this Firday, have a lovely brunch at Kauffmann on Sunday with family and friends, or shop at the Sunday Market or Vintage per Kilo Sale. You can also take some well-deserved me-time. We collected the best feel good and wellness tips for you. I started working out at David Lloyd last week. Five months left to work on a summer proof body! What other things you can do this weekend? Discover everything in this new Amsterdam Weekend Guide for February 3, 4 and 5!
Do you want to receive the Amsterdam Weekend Guide by email every week? Subscribe by using this black button below and get our weekend tips in your inbox on Friday!
PS: Want to follow the adventure behind the scenes at Your Little Black Book? The new week vlog is live now! Check it out on YOURLBB.TV, subscribing to our Youtube Channel is free![yourlbb.tv_cta]
- YES! This Friday you can order oysters for only 1 Euro and drink Gin Tonics at The Seafood Bar.
- Why wait for the meal you just ordered if you can also pick it up at the restaurant? Get your meal on your way home from the office or during your lunchbreak. Foodora introduced the pick-up service and we tested it!
- Where to get the best steak tartare in Amsterdam? Check our list with favorite restaurants!
- Tip: these are the best and newest breakfast, lunch and coffee places in Amsterdam from the last few months.
Take a look at the new hotspot street in Amsterdam: the Amstelveenseweg! Good cakes, sandwiches, and a lot of fun guaranteed.
- These are the restaurants that opened their doors in Amsterdam in January. Which one are you going to check out first?
- Do you like Libanese food as much as we do? We gathered the 5 best spots to eat Libanese for you in one list. Enjoy!
- Bar Sue is the new all day café where you’ll want to try the bao buns, poké bowls and noodles. A nice option for Friday night with friends?
- Curious which articles were the hottest of January? Or better said: at what restaurant will you need to make a reservation? Check the following list.
- Do you want to order healthy food for a change? We gathered the 17 best and healthiest spots, and our favourite meals that you can order online. YUM!
- Labyrinth is a new restaurant on the hotspot street Amstelveenseweg in Old South where you’ll want to check out one of the poetry nights.
- Ps: innocent’s knitting campagne is here again. Go get your smoothie with a cute hat at the supermarket and support the elderly fund to prevent loneliness!
- Curious which restaurants are opening their doors soon? Then keep an eye on our new guide ‘Coming Soon‘!
- This Thursday and Friday you can visit The Bao Kitchen again. Ready for a 6 course meal for 20 Euros? Book your ticket so Chef Justin Brown knows how many guests are coming.
- In for an All you Can Eat brunch on an early Sunday morning? Gather your friends and family and enjoy a glass of orange juice, croissants and pancakes at Kauffmann.
Not this weekend but open for bookings:
- For the Sjefietshé pop up restaurant in The Hoxton, 6 – 12 February you need to make a reservation. So don’t forget!
Tip: do you want to discover new places fast? Then check out or TOP LISTS with the best hotspots in town for every moment: Discover them here >>
- Time to plan a date night with your lover or friends. We made a new list with the most beautiful, best, and funniest movies to see in the cinema this month.
- Yes, we can go to the Sunday Market at Westergasfabriek again. This edition has everything to do with Valentine; love is in the air!
And don’t forget to go ice skating at Museum Square this year. There’s only a few days left.
It’s time for the beer festival of RADION. This Saturday you can visit the Sloten Bier Festival with your friends at Slotervaart and drink lots of special beers.
Do you like vintage clothing? Then take a look at the Vintage per Kilo Sale at Amsterdam Roest this Saturday and Sunday. On Sunday you can get 1 kilo of vintage items for only 10 Euros.
Take a bath at the rooftop of Volkshotel. The Badplaats Winter Sessions are here again so check out the sauna or hot tub, drink hot chocolate, and enjoy the view.
Feel Good & wellness:
February is the new January. We gathered our favorite wellness addresses to go to.
- I’m trying to get used to a new work-out regime of fitness, hot yoga, and swimming. I started working out at David Lloyd last week and I love it there because it’s a one stop spot since they also have a pool! And of course I don’t mind going there on the weekends too for the sauna ;-).
- For pretty nails, a nice massage, or face treatment you need to try Sense beauty & lifestyle.
- Follow a DETOX treatment with the juices from PLUK and start February clean.
- This Saturday you can take a look at the Wellness Festival at Pllek. Enjoy the entertainment while you’re sitting in a jacuzzi or hot tub. Go to the sauna, get a massage, or listen to live music while you’re drinking the best cocktails in the lounge area.
- Do you want to be pampered all over? Book a massage at the Massagehuys. It’s so good!
Follow a lesson of yoga at the Hoxton every Sunday from now on. Sit back and refresh.
- Need more inspiration? These are our favorite 5 beauty spots in Amsterdam.
- On the Prinsengracht there’s a new store with a pink and funky interior design called: Catwalk Junkie.
- Do you want to go to shopping abroad? These are our 11 favorite cities to shop in the world.
- New year, new sneakers. These are our favoriete sneakers stores in Amsterdam.
- We gathered the best shopping addresses in Amsterdam West, it’s time to shop.
- This weekend you can look at a gorgeous appartement again, The Loft is back!
- At Foam you can check out the new solo exhibit of Harley Weir. You can visit the exhibit until the 19th of February.
- LAST CALL ALLERT: it’s the last weekend of the 90 years Marilyn Monroe exhibition at De Nieuwe Kerk. So don’t postpone your visit any longer, you can go only until February 5.
Starting January 27 you can see the Ren Hang exhibition. Naked young adults, most of the time Chinese, in combination with swans, peacocks, and snakes.
- Until May 7 you can go to 100 Jaar Schiphol – Klaar voor Vertrek in the Amsterdam Museum. You’ll learn everything want to know about the Dutch airways.
- At Stedelijk Museum the exhibition Verliefde Camera from Ed van der Elksen is one to visit. He’s one of the greatest Dutch photographers and documentary filmmakers of the 20th century. Verliefde Camera is the largest global overview of his 25 years of work. You can visit the exhibition from February 4 till May 21.
- Up for a cultural afternoon? These are the 8 most beautiful exhibitions in Amsterdam this month.
- The go to party this Saturday is Club Knijn & Klerenbende. Walk around in different vintage outfits, while you’re trying to win a game of disco bowling.
- Go with friends to Cartel at Shelter. Time for a hot night full of House, Dub and Techno.
- The best way to end your week is to order some Gin Tonics, right?! This Friday it’s G&T Friday at Bar Spek, let’s go!
- This Friday it’s time for another edition of Zwarte Koffie at Paradiso. Expect a night full of Hip-Hop, Disco, Funk and Soul.
- Gather your friends and buy a ticket for Thuishaven Wintercircus with Omar Souleyman. Part of the ticket revenue goes to Doctors Without Borders in Syria
- This Friday you can enjoy the new Friday night concept La Suite at 5&33 Art’otel. An evening filled with art, fashion and good music.
- Start the weekend with Pizza and Italian tunes at Amsterdam Roest this Friday. From 6 pm you can go to Italo Disco & Pizza’s, who says no to that?
- Neonsplash is back! You can go to the biggest paint party at AFAS Live (before Heineken Music Hall) this Saturday
- The first PONY edition of 2017 at Chicago Social Club is here. This Saturday is going to be an old school night out with your friends.
- End the week at Sloppy Sundae in Disco Dolly, the perfect place to forget your hangover and all the thins you shouldn’t have done.
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
VERY VERY NICE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.
Follow @yourlbb on Instagram
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
Amsterdam Light festival
The Amsterdam Light Festival 2023/2024 are now on sale!More info & tickets »
Rent a bike!
Do you want to see a lot in a short time? Rent a bike and discover the city in a day.Rent a bike here »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »