Brrr, the weather has become quite cold this week. So cold, that my scarf, hat and gloves have become part of my daily essentials. And how pretty is Amsterdam right now, with that fresh cold and glow by the low winter sun. I love it! Fortunately I’m not the only one feeling cold, because there are many cool initiatives to warm up. How about this Friday at one of the various Friyay drinks (yes, there are multiple!)? Or heat up during your stroll at one of the cozy Christmas markets? Or completely forget about the cold at the HipHop Museum this Sunday. Yes, this weekend is going to be hot ;-) Discover the best tips and latest hotspots in this Amsterdam Weekend Guide >> Enjoy!
– Three lists to make the weekend even more fun:
>> 8 x the best hotspots to warm up after your stroll through the Oosterpark
>> 7 x the best ‘green’ shops from cactus to flower pots for your original Christmas gifts
>> 19 x the most cozy hotspots with a fireplace in Amsterdam
– Start your weekend warm and cozy with a beer in your hand during the Friyay drinks of Frits to the Tropics! in the Tropenmuseum.
– And also the Metropolitain is up for Friyay drinks. They celebrate their third edition of vrijmibodisco voor gevorderden! (friyay drinks for the advanced)
– YES! Restaurant 5&33 has a new Truffle Menu and if you love truffles just as much as I do you might want to go there for a night of wining and dining. This video had over 10.000 views on Facebook last week but you can watch it here too:
– After a silence soft launch, they’re now officially open: Bo Nam. You’re new favorite place for some Vietnamese food.
– Or start your weekend this Friday with hiphop, food & drinks during Juice in the New York Film Academy café.
The best Friyay drinks in town:
* Of course Frits to the Tropics!
* Or the friyay drinks at Metropolitain!
* Check our blog with 14 x the best Friday After Work drinks in Amsterdam!
Three delicious foodie lists for a very tasty weekend:
>> 9 x the best coffee in De Pijp
>> 6 x the best croissants in Amsterdam
>> 5 x the most delicious hummus in Amsterdam
We have many more lists! Check them here >>
– Yay! It’s already the second week of the Amsterdam Light Festival. Which art works have you spotted? Discover them all and read all about it in this blog about the Amsterdam Light Festival 2016!
– An adventure that always ends well: get in the car and spontaneously visit one of these Christmas markets in Germany.
– Spoil yourself with a fresh hair cut at the beautiful saloon of Toni & Guy on the Rozengracht.
– And have you already decided what to do on New Years Eve? Check our Party Guide for the best parties and get inspired!
– Did you know that we are celebrating Christmas with a BIG holiday give away? From manicures to dinners, we’re counting down to Christmas with new prizes everyday at 11.00 sharp on Facebook.
– Ding dong, it’s Christmas tree shopping time! These 5 cozy places in Amsterdam will give you the most beautiful trees and Christmas spirits.
– Put on your warmest coat and go strolling along the stalls of theIJ-Hallen this Saturday and Sunday!
– YES! It’s finally time for the Sissy-Boy Christmas Market at the Amstelveld this Saturday!
– And also Café Cook in Amsterdam-West has a Christmas market this Sunday.
– The always charming Van der Helstplein in De Pijp joins as well with its Christmas market this Sunday.
– Or how about the Pure Markt in the Amstelpark this Sunday?
– Of course you want to go to the super cool pop-up Gift Store by fonQ.nl. Check our photos of all the musthaves here and make your selection in advance and have a chance to win a gift card of € 100,- ;-)
– Vlieger & Vandam has a pop-up especially for your Christmas gifts. Nearby Artis this Friday and Saturday.
– And the temporary store of Huis Gekaapt is open as well this Friday and Saturday. For all your cool interior gifts.
– Looking for the best Christmas decorations out there? At these 5 beautiful Christmas departments in Amsterdam you’ll definitely succeed!
– And for the perfect gift for men, you go to one of these concept stores for men.
– Discover the city in a complete new way this winter with my tips from the Amsterdam City Guide. Of course you shop this andWanderlust at Hutspot, YAY, Hartje Oost, All The Luck In The World, Pluk, Toon, MaisonNL, Ninour, Restored and Mendo!
– And of course there are many other shops on the blog. Check them here >>
– From hair stylists to fashion designers, young, promising talents get their chance to shine at fashion fest in the Tropenmuseum this Saturday.
– The exhibition of the Swiss artist Jean Tinguely in the Stedelijk Museum will definitely make an impression. His arts consists of moving machines, very cool! Until March 5!
– Do you love hiphop? Visit the HipHop Museum with talks, workshops and performances to learn more about the combination of art & hiphop this Sunday.
– Also this Friday the Van Gogh Museum is open until 22.00 hours. That means sipping cocktails, music and free tours while discover the most beautiful art works during Vincent on Friday.
– At the Tropenmuseum you can check out the newest exhibition “The Boeddha”. This expo will learn you all about the Buddha and Buddhism. Until January 29!
– You can still go to the cool street art of Banksy in the MOCO museum until December 31.
– A risk of the cold is that we would rather stay inside, in our jogging suit on the couch. To give you some extra motivation to go out, they celebrate a little party at the Vergulde Eenhoorn this Friday: Vriendje van Ferry en Radio Noet Noet in the Vergulde Eenhoorn.
– With that same reason, also Bar Baarsch is hosting a party. Get out of your cave for BarBarian Nights with hits, r&b, disco and of course booze.
– Plenty of reason to leave the house on Saturday as well: in the Westergasfabriek you’ll find The Gardens of Babylon presents Britta Under.
– One more reason to leave the house: Kopstootbar teams up with Paardenkracht and celebrates the epic DISCO Party.
– End your weekend at Thuishaven this Sunday
– Have you also heard our Happy Weekend Playlists? Check our playlists here! >>Have a great weekend!