Weekend tips for August 21, 22 & 23
Yeah, time for already the third Rooftop Disco of this summer season! Are you also coming? The weather forecast gives us there will be sun with 25 degrees and we’ll take care of a drink, bite and the best 80 and 90s hits! The party on Sunday is almost sold out so buy your tickets now! Or are you perhaps going to Lowlands this weekend? I’ll be skipping it for once this year… Other than that you can of course go to Sail! And have you seen our East Guide with 66 hotspots yet? Fun to discover it all this weekend! >> ENJOY!
PS: listen to Amsterdam FM for my personal tips from the Amsterdam Weekend Guide. Live at 11.45!
– We at Yourlbb are so happy with the new hotspot De Japanner. A Japanese restaurant that serves good, affordable Japanese sushi and finger food!
– It’s mussel season again! Go to Remis47 during the “Two Weeks Mussels” for the best mussel dishes! More fan of oysters? On Thursday you can still do some oyster slurping during the “Dolle Oesterdagen”.
– At Strandzuid you can also get a good pot of mussels!
– This Sunday you can go to one of yourlbb’s favourite markets: the Pure Markt!
– This weekend you can get over your hangover at Scrap Yard with bacon and cocktails.
– Authentic pizzas are eaten at a real Italian. And because pizza is always a good idea. Go to Mastino at De Pijp this weekend!
– Specifically for Sail L’invité le Restaurant is opening a pop up at the bridge Jan Schaeferbrug. Enjoy a classical French dish while you watch the ships pass.
– This French restaurant is a must-try: Rue de Sevres at Bos and Lommer!
– Another nice hotspot in Bos and Lommer that can’t be missing on your list: Van de Buurt Patisserie! Here they have a fantastic restaurant with sun the entire day!
– Gluten free, vegetarian, as organic as possible and with less sugar. I’m talking about the macarons from Richenel’s Patisserie! So that’ll be guilt-free snacking this weekend!
– Wonder what other restaurants are opened recently? Check our blog with 14 new restaurants in Amsterdam!
– We love these places for Friday afterwork drinks!:
* Looking for a place at the Rivierenbuurt and Amsterdam Old South to have some beers? Then check out the beer garden at Strandzuid!
* Pllek is always a good idea for Feeling Friday.
* From 17:00h you can enjoy drinks with a twist at BAUTzuid.
* SoSo Lobi at Waterkant is highly recommended for summer vibes, beer and roti!
* And have you checked the new place called Bret yet? Recommended for everyone living in BOLO or passes by Sloterdijk.
* Or check out our list with 10 Friday afterwork drinks spots in Amsterdam!
Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier :-)
*81 hotspots in De Pijp you should know
* 25 hotspots at the Jordaan to go to
* 5 summerproof rooftops in Amsterdam
* 91 hotspots you should know in West
* 43 restaurants in Amsterdam West
* the best hotspots at the JP Heijestraat
* 48 best terraces in Amsterdam
* 10 summer hotspots
* 6 x city beaches
* 20 x the best take-out addresses
* 11 x of the best Italian food
* 12 burger bars you must know
* 17 nicest breakfast spots in town
* 9 x cheese fondue in Amsterdam
* 14 healthy hotspots we love
* 9 cool spots with a fire place
* hotspots in Amsterdam where you can eat gluten free!
* 17 x the best brunch spots
* 15 great bars and cafes in Amsterdam
* 5 spots in Amsterdam for Italian coffee
* 5 favourite hotspots for hot coco
* 36 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 18 best cocktail bars in Amsterdam
* 8 spots for free wifi, good coffee & lunch
* 9 best places to drink G&T’s in Amsterdam
* 10 restaurants where parking your car is no problem
* 10 favourite healthy spots
* 5 Saturday food markets
– It is of course Sail in Amsterdam! For five days straight it’s all about the most beautiful ships. But it’s also party for five days in Amsterdam! Read our blog for the 10 things you must not miss.
– This is the last weekend that you can go to De Parade! With a programme full of theatre, dance, mime and music acts. Visit the Zwembad show, go dance at the Silent Disco and bake your own poffertjes at the Poffertjespaleis. Until August 23 at the Martin Luther Kingpark.
– This is also the last weekend for Grachtenfestival! The biggest classical music festival in the Netherlands. At various locations in the city you can listen to the best classical performances.
– On Thursday The Loft is opening! A beautiful appartment in Amsterdam full with design and art. Everything can be purchased here and a lot of events will also be organised in The Loft.
– On Saturday there’s a huge water fight at Vondelpark! This way OneWorld and Wet & Wild Water Fight want to create more awareness for the enormous water usage in the international clothing industry. So that’s water fun for a good cause!
– The TonTon Club is going outside this summer with TonTon in de Zon! For the coming two months you can go to their outdoor game hall at Westerpark for a fun evening!
– Until August 29, Vette Vis is organising (outdoors) cinema evenings at Het Ketelhuis. Entrance is free, but come in time to get yourself a good spot!
– Woody Allen is becoming 80 this year and the EYE is celebrating that with around 25 film screenings including the premiere of Woody Allen’s latest film Irrational Man. Until September 9 you can watch the comedies of Woody Allen.
– On Saturday you can go to ZOOmeravonden at Artis again! Until the end of August the zoo will be open every Saturday until sunset so you can listen to music and do other fun activities.
– Have you been to Vondelpark Openlucht Theater? Until September 27 you can go here for free music, theater, dance and cabaret performances.
– Live At started in the Amsterdam Forest! This series of open air concerts in the Bostheater has some good artists in their line-up that you definitely don’t want to miss.
– For pretty Scandinavian items you can go to Sevenlands in East! From clothing to home accessories.
– For vintage items you can also go to Doordeweeks in East! Here they sell the nicest clothing, furniture, accessories and art.
– Go shopping at the Blend Market in East! For a mix of secondhand, vintage, retro, delicacies and entertainment.
– There is a new expo at the bags museum: Black and White: the dresscode of a life time! Where – you probably figured it out already – black and white bags are the main focus.
– Go to Foam for the recently opened expo Swinging Sixties London – Photography in the Capital of Coo. Until September 2nd.
– Must see: The Beauty of Pop exposition of Frank E Hollywood at the gallery of 5&33!
– Check our list with 5 x museum expositions that you want to see this summer!
– On Sunday you of course must go to the Rooftop Disco at Floor17! This time with the best hits from the 80s and 90s.
– On Saturday it’s time for the monthly Pineapple Cub party at the Social!
– Go dance at the Floating Bar! Tosti Creative is organising the coolest parties during Sail with Disco Dolly, KLEAR, 22tracks, Fat Kids Cafe and Deep House Amsterdam!
– Up for some good weekend music? Every weekend we make a new playlist on Spotify! Check our playlists here >>
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
VERY VERY NICE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.
Follow @yourlbb on Instagram
Anne de Buck
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
Amsterdam Light festival
The Amsterdam Light Festival 2023/2024 are now on sale!More info & tickets »
Rent a bike!
Do you want to see a lot in a short time? Rent a bike and discover the city in a day.Rent a bike here »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »