Weekend Inspiration for August 14, 15 & 16
Days are going by so fast! Cause it’s almost weekend again, yeah! In this Weekend Guide we listed the most fun things to do this weekend for you! Go for example to the Parade or Grachtenfestival. Haven’t been to Pluk de Nacht yet? Friday is your last change! But if you are more in the mood for some fine dining, you should check out our blog with the 14 new restaurants in Amsterdam. >> HAVE FUN!
PS: listen to Amsterdam FM for my personal tips from the Amsterdam Weekend Guide. Live at 11.45!
– Mmm, mussels with fries! Go to Bistro Noord for all you can eat mussels! Come early because it’s gone before you know it!
– On Saturday you’re more than welcome for a few drinks at the opening of De Japanner. A Japanese restaurant that serves good and affordable Japanese sushi and finger food.
– There’s a new restaurant in Amsterdam: Hoogendam! Located at Westerdok and with chef Ricardo van Ede in the kitchen. A must-visit this weekend! They’re open starting this Sunday.
– For coffee, ice cream or sorbet you must go to Felicia at Stadsschouwburg!
– Have Food, drinks and go dancing at La Cage at Reguliersdwarsstraat!
– Restaurant Ali Ocakbaşı is now not only in Istanbul but also in Amsterdam!
– Did you go to Happyhappyjoyjoy yet in West? For delicious Asian street food!
– If you haven’t seen it yet, check out our list with 14 new restaurants in Amsterdam to try out!
– We love these places for Friday afterwork drinks!:
* Looking for a place at the Rivierenbuurt and Amsterdam Old South to have some beers? Then check out the beer garden at Strandzuid!
* Pllek is always a good idea for Feeling Friday.
* From 17:00h you can enjoy drinks with a twist at BAUTzuid.
* SoSo Lobi at Waterkant is highly recommended for summer vibes, beer and roti!
* And have you checked the new place called Bret yet? Recommended for everyone living in BOLO or passes by Sloterdijk.
* Or check out our list with 10 Friday afterwork drinks spots in Amsterdam!
– Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier :-)
*81 hotspots in De Pijp you should know
* 25 hotspots at the Jordaan to go to
* 5 summerproof rooftops in Amsterdam
* 91 hotspots you should know in West
* 43 restaurants in Amsterdam West
* the best hotspots at the JP Heijestraat
* 48 best terraces in Amsterdam
* 10 summer hotspots
* 6 x city beaches
* 20 x the best take-out addresses
* 11 x of the best Italian food
* 12 burger bars you must know
* 17 nicest breakfast spots in town
* 9 x cheese fondue in Amsterdam
* 14 healthy hotspots we love
* 9 cool spots with a fire place
* hotspots in Amsterdam where you can eat gluten free!
* 17 x the best brunch spots
* 15 great bars and cafes in Amsterdam
* 5 spots in Amsterdam for Italian coffee
* 5 favourite hotspots for hot coco
* 36 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 18 best cocktail bars in Amsterdam
* 8 spots for free wifi, good coffee & lunch
* 9 best places to drink G&T’s in Amsterdam
* 10 restaurants where parking your car is no problem
* 10 favourite healthy spots
* 5 Saturday food markets
– De Parade is back in Amsterdam again! With a programme full of theatre, dance, mime and music acts. Visit the Zwembad show, go dance at the Silent Disco and bake your own poffertjes at the Poffertjespaleis. Until August 23 at the Martin Luther Kingpark.
– Open air film festival Pluk de Nacht will be around until this Saturday in Amsterdam! On Thursday and Friday evening you can still watch an independent or culti movie at Het Stenen Hoofd.
– This Friday the Grachtenfestival starts! The biggest classical music festival in the Netherlands. At various locations in the city you can listen to the best classical performances.
– The TonTon Club is going outside this summer with TonTon in de Zon! For the coming two months you can go to their outdoor game hall at Westerpark for a fun evening!
– Until August 29, Vette Vis is organising (outdoors) cinema evenings at Het Ketelhuis. Entrance is free, but come in time to get yourself a good spot!
– Woody Allen is becoming 80 this year and the EYE is celebrating that with around 25 film screenings including the premiere of Woody Allen’s latest film Irrational Man. Until September 9 you can watch the comedies of Woody Allen.
– On Saturday you can go to ZOOmeravonden at Artis again! Until the end of August the zoo will be open every Saturday until sunset so you can listen to music and do other fun activities.
– Have you been to Vondelpark Openlucht Theater? Until September 27 you can go here for free music, theater, dance and cabaret performances.
– Live At started in the Amsterdam Forest! This series of open air concerts in the Bostheater has some good artists in their line-up that you definitely don’t want to miss.
– The best second hand bargains are this weekend at IJ-Hallen in North! Editor Ellis will also be selling her things there!
– For vintage items you can also go to Doordeweeks in Amsterdam East! Here they sell clothes, furniture, accessories and art.
– Or go to Het Faire Oosten: a shop and galerie in Amsterdam East!
– There is a new expo at the bags museum: Black and White: the dresscode of a life time! Where – you probably figured it out already – black and white bags are the main focus.
– Go to Foam for the recently opened expo Swinging Sixties London – Photography in the Capital of Coo. Until September 2nd.
– Must see: The Beauty of Pop exposition of Frank E Hollywood at the gallery of 5&33!
– Check our list with 5 x museum expositions that you want to see this summer!
– Did you buy your tickets yet for the Shoeloess Weekender at Ruigoord? It is said to be a colourful shoeless fairytale!
– Get into the tropical atmosphere at Tropicalismo XT. It’s the summer party at Roest!
– Or go to Festival The Brave this Saturday! The first open air festival in the Netherlands that’s exclusively focussing on singer/songwriter, indie and folk music. A DJ won’t be attending this one.
– On Saturday there’s also the festival Gaasper Pleasure!
– Up for some good weekend music? Every weekend we make a new playlist on Spotify! Check our playlists here >>
PS: more hotspots are in the Amsterdam Little Black Book. A city guide to Amsterdam with the best restaurants, shops and things to do. Always new addresses coming up so check out your online Little Black Book daily for the latest hotspots in town!
Anne de Buck
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
Amsterdam Light festival
The Amsterdam Light Festival 2023/2024 are now on sale!More info & tickets »
Rent a bike!
Do you want to see a lot in a short time? Rent a bike and discover the city in a day.Rent a bike here »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »