Weekend tips for July 17, 18 and 19!
After a very busy week I’m happy that it’s almost weekend! Time for my brothers wedding (exciting!) and our second Rooftop Disco (also exiting!). The party is almost sold out so make sure you buy your ticket on time! It’s gonna be a sunny day Sunday, so perfect for a rooftop party at Floor17! Furthermore you can go to Buiten Westen this weekend or Food Truck Festival TREK. More in a relaxing mood? Go to Skins Institute! >> HAPPY WEEKEND!
Tip: if you sign up for the newsletter you get this guide in your inbox every Friday!
Are we friends on the social networks? You can follow us on Instagram and Twitter. Search for Your Little Black Book via @yourlbb!
Tip: listen to Amsterdam FM for my personal tips from the Amsterdam Weekend Guide. Live at 11.45!
– The Amstelpark will be transformed to thé place for food and drinks now it’s time for Food Truck Festival TREK! And nice to know: entrance is free!
– Plans to have drinks with friends? Check my favourite hotspots to go with the girls or read my blog about the best beer / food combinations you should try!
– Lotti’s Bar & Grill is the restaurant of the net The Hoxton Hotel in Amsterdam! Perfect for burnch (with Bloody Marys), lunch and dinner.
– This month restaurant Envy at the Prinsengracht celebrates her 10-years anniversary! With a special menu and classic dishes.
– Yeah, finally Amsterdam makes room for more foodtrucks! Check our blog to find out where to find them.
– We love these places for Friday afterwork drinks!:
* Looking for a place at the Rivierenbuurt and Amsterdam Old South to have some beers? Then check out the beer garden at Strandzuid!
* Pllek is always a good idea for Feeling Friday.
* From 17:00h you can enjoy drinks with a twist at BAUTzuid.
* SoSo Lobi at Waterkant is highly recommended for summer vibes, beer and roti!
* And have you checked the new place called Bret yet? Recommended for everyone living in BOLO or passes by Sloterdijk.
* Or check out our list with 10 Friday afterwork drinks spots in Amsterdam!
These spots just opened!:
* Dikke Graaf
* De Uitvreter
* Café de Paris
* BasQ Kitchen
* La Tête
* The Duchess
* Wolf Atelier
– Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier! Did you check them yet?
* 5 summerproof rooftops in Amsterdam
* 91 hotspots you should know in West
* 43 restaurants in Amsterdam West
* the best hotspots at the JP Heijestraat
* 48 best terraces in Amsterdam
* 10 summer hotspots
* 6 x city beaches
* 20 x the best take-out addresses
* 11 x of the best Italian food
* 12 burger bars you must know
* 17 nicest breakfast spots in town
* 9 x cheese fondue in Amsterdam
* 14 healthy hotspots we love
* 9 cool spots with a fire place
* hotspots in Amsterdam where you can eat gluten free!
* 17 x the best brunch spots
* 15 great bars and cafes in Amsterdam
* 5 spots in Amsterdam for Italian coffee
* 5 favourite hotspots for hot coco
* 36 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 18 best cocktail bars in Amsterdam
* 8 spots for free wifi, good coffee & lunch
* 9 best places to drink G&T’s in Amsterdam
* 10 restaurants where parking your car is no problem
* 10 favourite healthy spots
* 5 Saturday food markets
– Last week the first pop-up park of Amsterdam opened up: Zomertuin! On top of the Stadsschouwburg.
– For music, food and drinks you go to the Kwaku Summer Festival! This festival starts on Saturday and is here till August 9.
– Especially for (parents with) kids: Playground CS Amsterdam. A pop-up city beach close to Centraal Station!
– Do you want to relax this weekend? Go to Skins Institute for a massage or a day at the spa!
– Woody Allen is becoming 80 this year and the EYE is celebrating that with around 25 film screenings including the premiere of Woody Allen’s latest film Irrational Man. Until September 9 you can watch the comedies of Woody Allen.
– On Saturday you can go to ZOOmeravonden at Artis again! Until the end of August the zoo will be open every Saturday until sunset so you can listen to music and do other fun activities.
– Have you been to Vondelpark Openlucht Theater? Until September 27 you can go here for free music, theater, dance and cabaret performances.
– Live At started in the Amsterdam Forest! This series of open air concerts in the Bostheater has some good artists in their line-up that you definitely don’t want to miss.
– The IJ-Hallen is always perfect to sell your clothes or buy cool second hand gems!
– Go to Foam for the recently opened expo Swinging Sixties London – Photography in the Capital of Coo. Until September 2nd.
– Must see: The Beauty of Pop exposition of Frank E Hollywood at the gallery of 5&33!
– Have you already been to the Tropenmuseum for the expo’s Secret Love and Bodyart? Both are really worth checking out!
– Up for a day of culture? Check our list with 5 x museum expositions that you want to see this summer!
– YEAH, it’s time for one of the best festivals in Amsterdam: Buiten Westen!
– Since the first one was such a success, we have decided to organise the second edition of Silent Rooftop Disco! Buy your tickets quickly before they’re all sold out. € 15,- including a welcome cocktail, some bites, headphones and bitterballen later in the evening.
– Kris Kross fan? This Saturday they have a single release at the Marktkantine! Check ticketswap for tickets cause it’s sold oud.
– 22tracks organises it’s first festival: 22fest!
– Up for some good weekend music? Every weekend we make a new playlist on Spotify! Check our playlists here >>
– Feel like clubbing this weekend? This is where you need to be: The Warehouse, Club Closure and Radion. They have great parties every week!
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
VERY VERY NICE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.
Follow @yourlbb on Instagram
| PS: Traveling to Amsterdam with kids? My other website Travelkids.co & @travelkids.co is dedicated to family friendly travel. Check it out here >>
Anne de Buck
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
How fun is this? Discover Amsterdam on a 2.5-hour e-fat bike tour through the center and Amsterdam North.More info & tickets »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
STRAAT street art Museum
STRAAT is Amsterdam’s newest museum that is entirely devoted to street art.Search for tickets »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »