discover the best things to do in amsterdam this weekend
Oh my, it has been so cold this week, but what a nice winter sun. Everyone is so much more happy, people even go for a drink on the terrace (with scarfs and gloves on though) and the city seems to come across so much more radiant. Hopefully the sun will keep on shining this weekend, so fingers crossed! Whatever the weather is going to be, of course there’s yet again lots of things to do in Amsterdam this weekend. For example, this is your last chance to stop by the Kopstootbar and visit the pop-up by Meatless District, and we can score some oysters on Sunday at Remise47 and the carnaval is coming to the WesterUnie. You’ll find these and many more tips in this Amsterdam Weekend Guide!
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
29 tipS for fun things to do in amsterdam this weekend
- This weekend is your last chance! After Mister Makan it’s now the turn to Meatless District to host a pop-up at the Kopstootbar. So veggies will definitely want to visit here! Up until this Saturday they’ll serve a 3-course menu in De Kopstootbar.
- Any plans for Valentines Day yet? We’ve got many tips for you!
- Have you been to Le Comptoir de Libertine for lunch yet? If not you should definitely go, the French toast are SO tasty.
- Don’t feel like going out for dinner? Or to cook a home made meal? Are you craving comfort food, but not too unhealthy either? The answer is Las Vegan!
- This is already the last weekend that you can get a super healthy breakfast at bar Sunny’s in De Pijp.
- More tips for new restaurants in Amsterdam? Quickly check this list with 11 new hotspots!
- If you’re in need of a nice breakfast as a cure to your hangover you’d have to go to Poesiat & Kater this Sunday. They’re serving a Berlin Breakfast till 3 in the afternoon! So inc ase you’re not a morning person you should also be able to make it ;-). Check out the Facebook event here.
- If you want to go carnavalling this weekend you don’t have to travel all the way down South. Because at the WesterUnie they’re celebrating the Amsterdamse Carnaval Spektakel. Dressing up is a must of course, and be prepared to expect everything here. From classic hits to R&B and techno. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Feel like going to the movies this weekend? Check out our list with 6 movies you can go see in a theatre right now!
- This Sunday the Biertuin and beer brand De Prael will collaborate for a De Prael Bier & Bingo. Besides drinking the beers by De Prael, you can win several prizes in three rounds of Bingo. Click here for the Facebook event to reserve a spot.
- Of course it’s time for oysters again this Sunday at Oesters & Bubbels at Remise47! From 3PM they’re ready for you with oysters of € 1,50 per piece. They’ll also taken care of some live music. Check the Facebook event here.
- Saturday Reinier Zonneveld will be in the Marktkantine for his third time. The past two editions have been completely sold out and again they’re not much tickes left. Click here for the Facebook event and tickets.
- Bar Mississippi has been open for a while now, but this Saturday is the official opening. Everyone is welcome so bring along your entourage! It starts at 4PM and will go on till the late hours. Check out the Facebook event here.
- The Loft in A’DAM Toren is hosting the Unzipped party this Saturday. On the 16th floor the party won’t stop untill 5 in the morning, so you can be sure to witness a nice sunrise. Check out the Facebook event here with the line-up and tickets.
- Time for some Soul this Saturday at Pacific Parc in the West of Amsterdam. Truly all the music styles will be played: from Funk to Reggeaton and everything in between. Check out the Facebook event here with more info.
- Even though the temperatures are around the freezing point, the party at Thuishaven will go on this Sunday. Jackmaster will be the DJ and will be accompanied by Tom Trago among others. As usual the ticket sales are going at a rapid pace, so be quick if you don’t want to miss it. Check out the Facebook event here.
- LAB 111 is showing yet another movie classic this Sunday and will host a brunch. This time they’ll view the movie The Virgin Suicides (with Kirsten Dunst among others). Click here for the Facebook event.
- This Friday we can shamelessly sing along with hits from decades ago till now at Terug Naar Toen. The Chin Chin Club is again the host of the party, which also means you can play lots of arcade games while partying! Check out the Facebook event here.
- Just two more weeks, but you can now still visit the Beurs van Berlage to see the exposition “Legendary Trunks” about the history of the iconic Louis Vuitton suitcase. A must visit for anyone who’s into travelling, because you hear all about the history of travelling and the part the suitcase plays in that. I secretly would love one of those suitcases that you can put down as a wardrobe. Good old times!
- The nice and cozy Café Diep in the centre of Amsterdam is hosting a Live Jam Session this Sunday. Are you a talented singer yourself? If so, come here half an hour early and put your name on the performing list! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Are you planning on going to Lowlands this year? The first names of the line-up has been announced, for example Kendrick Lamar and Dua Lipa will be performing so that’s not a bad start at all… Saturday February 10 the tickets will go on sale, so make sure to be ready at your computer at 11AM so you won’t be too late!
- Take this opportunity to quickly visit Club Lite in Amsterdam West before they’re closing their doors in March. Because today they’re hosting the last Skate Dance Roller Party. That’s right, on roller skates! It’ll be the last one on this location. If you’re a beginner you can come an hour early and participate in a workshop. Check out the Facebook event with more info here.
- Saturday marks the start of the Underwater Photo Exhibition in VondelCS. As the name already might suggest these are indeed all photos that photographer Harry Fayt has shot underwater. And of course you can visit the restaurant before or afterwards for something to eat or just a drink! Click here for the Facebook event.
Our newest lists
BUT MAKE SURE TO NOT SKIP THESE TIPS…
- Want to do something else this Saturday evening for a change, other than clubbing or hanging out in a bar? Then check out the midnight show in Toomler. 6 stand up comedians will entertain you from midnight on, often by familiar faces like Theo Maassen, Henry van Loon and Patrick Laureij.
- More tips in our winter lists:
- Feel like doing something different in Amsterdam for a change, but don’t know what? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you have to have done at least once in your life!
- Would you like to know which restaurants will be opening soon? Keep a close eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list! We’ve just added some new gems.
- Tip: We’ve got many more great lists! Check them here >>
PSSSST… DISCOVER MORE (TRAVEL)TIPS IN MY (NEW) BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle (new in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a vacation close to home (new in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Dutch) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)
Anne de Buck