Weekend tips for February 26, 27 & 28
Grab your gloves, hat and scarf… The last weekend of February is going to be cold! No reason to stay home on the couch though. There is much to do in Amsterdam! Have you already been the newest restaurants in Amsterdam? Or go to Frits; thé Friday afternoon drink not to miss. Also nice: the new exhibition “Catwalk” in the Rijksmuseum. Check this Amsterdam Weekend Guide for all ins and outs! >> Enjoy!
PS: you can listen to the Amsterdam Weekend Guide on Amsterdam FM every Friday around 11:45!
– Three lists to make the weekend even more fun:
>> 7 x hotspots on the Jan Evertsenstraat in Amsterdam
>> 32 x lunchspots in Amsterdam city center
>> 7 x hotspots on theFerdinand Bolstraat in Amsterdam
– A Friday afterwork drink not to miss: Invite at W Hotel! With a 360 degrees view over Amsterdam and DJ’s playing the best tunes.
– Another nice Friday after work drink: Frits! This editon they host a party at Knijn. Ticket are already sold out, but you might get lucky at Ticketswap.
– Cold winter weather comes with a winter meal! Go to Stek for a cheese fondue this weekend!
– Time for oysters this Sunday! Go to Zilte Zondag at Razmataz with oysters for only one euro!
– Baut Zuidas host a Bar Baut Oesterfest this Friday for even more oysters!
– Crazy about Mexican food? The Blauwe Theehuis (at Vondelpark) hosts a Kekaas Mexican Food event!
– To check out this weekend: new restaurants hotspots in Amsterdam!
– Meeting up with friends? Go to The Duchess for a Afternoon Tea!
– We can finally go to Louie Louie in Amsterdam East! A great all hotspot!
– If you like fish, you should reserve a table at John Dory! A fish restaurant at Prinsengracht.
– We love these places for Friday afterwork drinks!:
* Check our list with 10 Friday afterwork drinks spots in Amsterdam!
* Pllek is always a good idea for Feeling Friday.
* SoSo Lobi at Waterkant is highly recommended for summer vibes, beer and roti!
Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier :-)
* 32 x restaurant in Amsterdam you must have dinner once
* 19 nicest breakfast spots in town
* 20 healthy hotspots we love
* 47 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 24 cocktail bars in Amsterdam
Check the blog for more lists! >>
– Saturday and Sunday we can go to the Local Goods Weekend Market, this time with a special fashion edition (in collaboration with NHTK)! Here you shop the best bags, shoes, coats, clothes, shoes and much more.
– Watch a movie while swimming in a pool during the Rooftop Movienight Weekender!
– Looking for an inspirational Sunday? Read all about fun stuff in Amsterdam here.
– Fan of everything “Love Stories” sells? This Friday and Saturday you must go to their Love Stories Sample Sale!
– It’s also time for the IJ-hallen in Amsterdam North! Perfect for a second hand shopping spree.
– Vintage per Kilo is back! Saturday and Sunday, at the Schram Studio in Amsterdam, you can buy vintage fashion for only € 15 per kilo.
– There are much more cool shops in Amsterdam! Check them here >> >>Catwalk exhibition in the Philipsvleugel of the Rijksmuseum. Rijks presents fashion of the Netherlands from 1625 to 1960. A must visit for fashion lovers!
– Until March 5 the Eduard Planting Gallery presents a unique collection of photographs of Marilyn Monroe. Taken by the famous photographers Milton Greene and Douglas Kirkland.
– Let’s go back to the 60s! At the Tropenmuseum with the The Sixties expo! Fashion, design, music, architecture and photographs from the 60’s are exposed.
– At Foam you can now see a great overview with black and white photo’s of the American photographer Francesca Woodman. Woodman explored themes such as gender, representation, sexuality and body.
– Have you already been to Close-Up – A New Generation of Film and Video Artists in the Netherlands at EYE Film Instituut? An exhibition featuring numerous recent film and video works and spatial installations by a new generation of filmmakers and artists in the Netherlands,
– GO Gallery is thé street art gallery in Amsterdam and a must visit!
– Stadsarchief Amsterdam pronounced a new expo: Amsterdamse Parken (Amsterdam parks). All these great parks in Amsterdam, but what do people do there? Photographer Jeroen Hofman shows you.
– A must visit expo at Tassenmuseum Hendrikje: Street Couture. At this exhibition it’s all about mix and match: high end fashion is combined with street fashion, sports and pop culture.
– A not to miss party this Friday: EdelWise!
– Did you love festival “Into The Woods” last summer? Go to the Into The Woods Winter Weekender at Radion!
– The Pineappel Club is thé tropical suprise of your weekend! This Saturday at the Chicago Social Club.
– Dance for charity this Saturday at Edel! They organise Rave for humanity; a benefit party for refugees.
– Secretly enjoying the Sunday parties the most? Go to Wintercircus of Thuishaven!
– Want to go clubbing this weekend? Get to know the 13 clubs in Amsterdam where you must go dancing.
– Feel like dancing but not in the mood for clubbing? On Saturday Pllek is thé place to be! DJs wil play some of the best records at dinner time and late into the night. After dinner the tables will be set aside so you can dance! See you at Beatroots!
– Up for some good weekend music? Every month we make a new playlist on Spotify! Check our playlists here >>
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
Amsterdam Light festival
The Amsterdam Light Festival 2023/2024 are now on sale!More info & tickets »
Rent a bike!
Do you want to see a lot in a short time? Rent a bike and discover the city in a day.Rent a bike here »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »