20 tips for this weekend in the amsterdam weekend guide
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas… This weekend I’m setting up the Christmas tree at home. Do you already have one? In case you still need to buy one, I’ve got a couple of addresses for you where you can get the best tree. At Your Little Black Book we’re completely into the Christmas vibes, that’s why we have lots of lists this week that are bound to bring you the holiday vibes and will help you plan great things if you’re free during the Christmas holiday.
Do you already have plans for this weekend? In the new Amsterdam Weekend Guide for December 7, 8 and 9 I’ve lined up 20 tips for you and I’m also sharing all the Christmas and New Years Eve tips that we’ve collected for you the past weeks.
Tip: On Instagram I have two very cool things to win. You can win the Festive Afternoon Tea for two at the beautiful Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam OR a complete dinner for two at The Lobby at Hotel V Fizeaustraat celebrating the newest restaurant platform Bookdinners.
PS: This week I’ll be cruising with my aunt (multi generation travel is what this trend is called) on the newest ship of the Holland America Line. What that’s like? You can follow it on Instagram Stories.
PS: Good news for the loyal viewers of the Travelkids.co vlogs! There’s a brand new vlog ready where I bring you along on our amazing trip to beautiful Tulum. You can also watch our adventures with the little family behind the scenes on Instagram!
fun things to do this weekend in Amsterdam
- BOWLING will never not be fun! And combined with great hits and dancing, it is a definitive winner. It’s all possible this Saturday at Club Knijn at Knijn Bowling. Rent a bowling lane with your friends to go disco bowling (nice!), or you can also just go to the party. Check the Facebook event here.
- Great Sunday tip: Jazzy Sundays at The Hoxton. The lobby of this nice hotel will be filled with live performances by jazz musicians, while you’re sipping your hot chocolate or perhaps an Espresso Martini. Won’t be able to make it this Sunday? The Jazzy Sundays will be there every Sunday up until Christmas! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Saturday from 5pm, 5&33 is the place you want to be. They have Aperitivo then and will be giving free bar bites with every first round of drinks. Not a bad way to start your Saturday evening, right? And while you’re there, take a look at the pop-up truffel restaurant! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Yes, it’s finally here. The Amsterdam Light Festival has started! Are you heading out this weekend for the Light-walk, or perhaps you’re going to do the route by boat? Read all about the Amsterdam Light Festival here >>
- At the Van der Helstplein the Weihnachtsmarkt can be visited this Saturday and Sunday. Cute wooden houses, live music, a market and everything has a touch of Germany! So expect curry sausages and glühwein. Check the Facebook event here.
- More Christmas markets in Amsterdam? Check the 6 x Best Christmas markets in Amsterdam of 2018 >>
- Is your name Catherina or Amalia? YES, you can go to the Hermitage for free! Now, those are not very common names, so every name that’s descended from these will also get a free entrance. So if your name is Katja, Kate or Amelie – that’s a free ticket for you as well!
- Christmas trees are great of course, but more green in your home is always welcome! That’s why you should go to the Tuinen van YARD SALE this Saturday, where you can buy all sorts of plants for small prices. From cacti to bigger plants like a fern. Check the Facebook event here.
- Want to go out for dinner on New Years Eve? At these 11 x Hotspots in Amsterdam that are open on New Years Eve you’re guaranteed to have a great (and tasty!) evening >>
- At Restaurant Bluespoon they’re serving a cocktail with one ingredient that they always throw away in the kitchen. This is because they want to pay more attention to sustainability and throw less away. And believe me – the cocktail is one you’ll want to try!
- SAVE THE DATE! Is December 15 marked in your schedule? Because then the Sissy-Boy Kerstmarkt 2018 is back in Amsterdam. Read all about this great market here >>
- This Sunday it’s winer vibes at Meneer Nieges. Every Sunday at Sunday at Nieges the ‘Patatje Stoofvlees’ is our ultimate go-to. Furthermore you can play board games or just stop by for a drink of course. Click here for the Facebook event.
- The ice skating rink on the Museum Square has opened again (with the too cute drawbridge) and this Sunday it’s also the location of the Museum Market Christmas Edition. So that’s great to combine on this Sunday, first go for a round on the ice rink and afterwards stroll around the market! Check the Facebook event here.
- Need an outfit for Christmas? Go to the IJ-Hallen this weekend, where you can shop the best vintage items this Saturday and Sunday. Even better: Make a day out of it and explore Amsterdam North! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Yesss, Happy Feelings is back at the Chin Chin Club this weekend! That means that you can go all out and sing to all the guilty pleasure hits at this hotspot. TIP: Go for a dinner here beforehand. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Are sing-a-long songs not entirely your cup of tea? Go to the Marktkantine this Saturday, where Reinier Zonneveld will be playing. Check the Facebook event for tickets but be quick, because this one will for sure sell out!
- Nice: The Prodigy in the Ziggo Dome this Sunday. And even better, there are still some tickets available! Check the site of the Ziggo Dome for those. This will for sure be a night to remember! Check the Facebook event here.
- Love this! Mussels on Sunday evening at the Mosselavond at Proeflokaal A. van Wees. For just € 10,- you’ll get a pan of mussels, fries, bread with garlic butter and homemade sauces. Sounds like a good deal to me! Make sure to reserve beforehand. Check the Facebook event here.
- Have you ever went ‘hotpotting’? If not, you’ll want to try this and if so, you’ll definitely want to go here! Dip It Low at the Chin Chin Club. Come with your friends and dip the Black Angus, vegetable platters or dumplings (or all of the above of course!) in the hotpot. From 9PM the dance floor will be opened. Check the Facebook event here.
- Would you like to stay up to date of all the spots that are opening soon? Keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list!
YourLBB's newest lists
AND MAKE SURE TO NOT FORGET THESE TIPS…
- The weather’s getting colder and that means we’re all going to spend a lot more time inside! So check out these 22 x Hotspots with a fire place in Amsterdam.
- Nice: a day trip to the North of Amsterdam! And make sure to not miss out on these 39 x Hotspots in Amsterdam North.
- Craving a nice and calm weekend? Check these 8 x Netflix series and movies you want to see!
- Feel like doing something different in Amsterdam, but don’t know what? Check our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 58 things that you have to have done at least once!
Tip: We have many more great lists! Check them here >>
Follow @yourlbb on Instagram
PSSSST… YOU CAN FIND MORE (TRAVEL) TIPS IN MY BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle (new in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a vacation close to home (new in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Dutch) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)