What to do in Amsterdam on December 27 & 28?
Hope you had a great Christmas! And maybe you’re even having some dinners with friends this weekend. The weekend between Christmas and NYE is always a bit slow in Amsterdam. Luckily sooo many new places opened up the last few weeks. Never a dull moment in Amsterdam ;-).
PS: did you sign u for the newsletter yet?
Tip: Your Little Black Book is hiring an intern! Fluent Dutch and English is a must. More info here >>
– HMMMMM! A Parisian style bakery in our very own neighbourhood De Pijp. At My Little Patisserie you can eat the most delicious pastry!
– Yourlbb is counting down the hotspots of 2014 until the new year. With the top-6 most red hotspots of every month:
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR >>
//Holidays in Amsterdam//
* 21 cool events in December you don’t want to miss!
//New Year’s Eve in Amsterdam//
* New Year’s Eve parties in Amsterdam: check the guide for last minute tips!
* Looking for a nice eat before NYE? These restaurants that are open on December 31 >>
– Hotspots that just opened the doors:
– 63 graden foodbar
– Mercato Campari
– Koffie Academie
– Crazy Kreeft
– Le Coq
– Holy Ravioli
– The Breakfast Club
– George Bistro
– CT Coffee & Coconuts
– Brasserie Bar Breitner
– The Cold Pressed Juicery
– Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier! Did you check them yet?
* 15 great bars and cafes in Amsterdam
* 5 spots in Amsterdam for Italian coffee
* 5 favourite hotspots for hot coco
* 36 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 18 best cocktail bars in Amsterdam!
* 8 spots for free wifi, good coffee & lunch
* 20 of the newest restaurants in Amsterdam
* 9 best places to drink G&T’s in Amsterdam
* 10 restaurants where parking your car is no problem
* 20 new places for coffee and lunch
* 20 new restaurant hotspots
* 10 favourite healthy spots
* 5 Saturday food markets
– Brunch is hot in Amsterdam!
* Here’s a link to all the brunch spots in Amsterdam Yourlbb loves.
– There’s a new pop-up in town! Did you go to the winter edition of The Loft already? The most beautiful curated home and living items at the Vaudeville Theatre on the Singel.
– Sustainable and trendy! That’s GeitenWollenWinkel at the Utrechtsestraat.
– Over 150 artists selling their art on the fair Art in Redlight! Until December 30 at the Beurs van Berlage.
– The Winterparade is in town! Did you hear about this foodie proof art event yet?
– There’s a classic coming to town. Opera La Bohème. Until December 28.
Stay in the holiday mood with:
– Ice skating in Amsterdam: Zell Am Rembrandt at Floor 17 is the petite ice skating rink at 85 meters high. Also check out: Jaap Eden Schaatsbaan & ICE Amsterdam.
– The Amsterdam Light Festival is on! Beautiful light sculptures all over town. Discover them here >>
– Do you like street art? Discover the best street art in Amsterdam and book a tour. Check out our blogs about Street Art Amsterdam tours. Also very cool if you live in Amsterdam!
– Check out this new expositions at photo museum FOAM:
* NEW in Foam! Araka, Photography of the after life | Until March 11
* Vivian Maier, Street Photographer | until January 28
– Marlene Dumas x Stedelijk Museum until January 4.
– NEW expo in the beautiful Hermitage in Amsterdam: “Portrait Gallery of the Golden Age”. Tip: go for lunch or drinks to Neva afterwards!
– Try to get a ticket for the party of the year! This Saturday it’s Manifesto again.
– The first edition of the new season of Thuishaven! Our fav parties on Sunday :-).
– We Eat DJ’s for Breakfast! Saturday afternoon at Paper Planes.
>> TRY to get some last minute tickets for the last weekends at Club Trouw!! >>
– A bit older crowd, great tunes and good vibe: Disco Dolly.
– Always fun: cocktails and dancing at Chapter21!
PS: more hotspots are in the Amsterdam Little Black Book. A city guide to Amsterdam with the best restaurants, shops and things to do. Always new addresses coming up so check out your online Little Black Book daily for the latest hotspots in town!