This weekend we celebrate love! Amsterdam turns into all colours of the rainbow and it will be one big party. I’m going to Leuven for a short weekend break to visit a food festival there. Pretty excited about that since it’s my first time to Leuven! If you want to know where to go during EuroPride check out the long shortlist that we made ;-). And if you don’t feel like going to a busy event with massive crowds, don’t worry because there are plenty of new hotspots to check out. Fingers crossed for some sun and it’s going to be a perfect weekend! Check out these and more fun to do’s in the new Amsterdam Weekend Guide>> Enjoy!
>> YOURLBB.TV tip: If you follow us on Facebook you can’t have missed it. We’re sharing a lot of new travel vlogs but also some new Amsterdam hotspot vlogs. This week we went to restaurant Jacobsz in Amsterdam East. Watch the short video to get a glimpse of this wonderful place and subscribe to our free Youtube channel here to get all updates :-).
PS: every Friday around 11:45 you can listen live to the Amsterdam Weekend Guide on Amsterdam FM!
– YES there’s another food festival this weekend, it’s Amsterdam Kookt at the NDSM-wharf in Amsterdam North.
– At Yourlbb we are super happy with the high quality of some restaurant openings last month. Have you been to Jacobsz yet? At the top of this blog you can watch the video or click here for our food porn photos!
– Another foodie must try in Amsterdam is Wolf Atelier. At this renewed restaurant Chef Michael Wolf cooks fine dining dishes at a unique location!
– For the best döner you have to check out Donnies! Open till late and also for vegetarians!
– An experience you’ll never forget is what you get at Zomerlicht, the restaurant of Fort Pampus in Amsterdam! You go there by boat from IJburg and have dinner on a desert island. Watch the video below and make reservations for this special dinner!
– On Sunday DOK hosts a BBQ event from 3 -22 pm. Check out the BBQ festival here, YUM!
– I think Baut & Dreesmann is the most bespoke restaurant of the last two weeks. Have you been there yet? Watch the video… you don’t want to miss it!
The best friday after work drinks in town:
*Start the weekend at on the Amstelveld at the HeBiHo vrijmibo!
* But also Hanneke’s Boom is always fun :-)
* Café Vrijdag also celebrates the Friday!
*Sooner or later you start (or finish) of course at Waterkant!
* Or check our blog with 14 x the best vrijmibos in Amsterdam!
– I don’t think you can have missed that it’s Gay Pride this weekend or EuroPride like they now call it. And there’s so much to do this weekend. What? You can check out 39 cool events things here!
– The highlight of EuroPride? That’s of course the Canal Parade on Saturday!
– Only in the summer there’s a theatre in the Amsterdam Forest and I have good news because the “Amsterdamse Bostheater“ is back with a new play. This summer it’s all about Romeo & Juliet and there are some small scale concerts as well. Check it out!
– If you want a nice and quiet weekend then the Artis Zoomeravond on Saturday might be what you’re looking for. Until the end of August the zoo is open till late!
– NIIIIIIICE: until August 13 there’s outdoor cinema at Stenen Hoofd called Pluk de Nacht. Dress warm, bring your popcorn and enjoy an outdoor movie night!
– This weekend is your last chance to go to Kwaku festival. A must for everyone who’s interested in international culture, food and well… lot’s of Jerk Chicken and many more delicious bites! Until August 7.
– Did you spot them yet? My books Wanderlust and The Amsterdam City Guide are for sale at some of my favourite concept stores in Amsterdam: Hutspot, YAY, Hartje Oost, All The Luck In The World, Pluk, Toon, MaisonNL, Ninour, Restored and Mendo! I’m so F*CK*NG PROUD!!
– And of course there are many other shops on the blog. Check them here >>
– Beautiful pictures of David Bowie at the Eduard Planting Gallery, such a great artist!
– And to stay in the musical vibes: Amy Winehouse: A Family Portrait shows you the other side of Amy. Beautiful, tragic and impressive. Until September 4!
– Another recommendation is Rhythm & Roots in theTropenmuseum!From jazz to salsa, from hiphop to rock ‘n roll, this expo takes you on a musical trip. Because music is free and not bounded. Until October 30!
– Till August 28 you can go to the Stedelijk Museum for Wonen in de Amsterdamse School! This exhibition gives a spectaculair overview of interior designs of the Amsterdamse School: furniture, lamps, clocks, ceramics, textile and graphic designs. A must!
– Prepare for a Dekmantel weekender at De Melkweg with Dekmantel by Night! Friday to Sunday.
– And if you’re looking for a good after party for the EuroPride then check out Gaypride is Burning at the Marktkantine on Saturday.
– Have you also heard our Happy Weekend Playlists? Check our playlists here! >>
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
VERY VERY NICE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.
Follow @yourlbb on Instagram
Anne de Buck
- Amsterdam Tips -
- Doen -
Amsterdam Light festival
Het Amsterdam Light Festival is terug in 2021 met de mooiste kunstwerken van de afgelopen 10 jaar in Amsterdam Centrum van 2 december tot en met 23 januari. Tip: wacht niet te lang met het kopen van tickets voor de beste time slots!Boek hier je tickets »
Recent verbouwd en absoluut een bezoek waard (zeker met kleine kids).Kaartjes met korting »
Houd je van street art en moderne kunst? Dan is MOCO hét museum dat je wilt bezoeken in Amsterdam, met onder andere werken van Banksy.Tickets met € 2,- korting »
- Deals -
Day-trips with discount
Recognizable? You want to spend a day out in the Netherlands with the kids, but without expensive entrance tickets for the whole family.Discover the deals »
Train City Trips
Going on an international city trip in Europe by train? You can do that from € 20,- for a one-way ticket!Check prices »
Want to escape the Netherlands for a holiday? We got you! Check out all the last-minute deals you should knowCheck all last-minutes »