25 tips for this weekend in the amsterdam weekend guide
After a nice week in Amsterdam I’m skipping the Friday afternoon drinks this weekend and instead we’re hopping in the car for a weekend of quality time in a tiny house by the water. Very excited for this and of course you can follow my daily adventures via Instagram Stories on @YOURLBB and @TRAVELKIDS.CO. Speaking of water… we have lots of nice tips to have dinner in Amsterdam with a view of the water. One of my favorites (because it’s in walking distance of my house) will always be Girassol. Doesn’t matter what the weather is like, I try to enjoy the Summer in Amsterdam as much as I can. And this weekend is of course all about the GAY PRIDE! On Saturday the ever impressive Canal Parade is coming through the Prinsengracht. Are you going to watch? There’s a great weekend waiting for us and all the best things to do can be found in this new Amsterdam Weekend Guide for August 3, 4 and 5. Enjoy!
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
25 tips for things to do this weekend in Amsterdam
- Of course Saturday is the day of the Canal Parade. Be there as early as you can for a spot at the Prinsengracht. The boats and outfits seem to surpass itself every year so I can’t wait to see what they’ve come up with this year!
- Read the 8 x Things you want to do this Gay Pride Amsterdam 2018 here >>
- Hotspot SUSHISAMBA is collaborating with magazines Elle, Vogue, Glamour and L’Homo for the Gay Pride. The result: exclusive sushi rolls that are all about the Gay Pride. Good to know: a part of the revenues are donated to the Pride. So that’s a win-win!
- The Pulitzer Hotel is also participating in the Gay Pride in Amsterdam. On Saturday they have a VIP deck with an unlimited cocktailbar, dishes such as poké bowls, colored hamburgers and more. And of course lots of entertainment the whole day through! Check the Facebook event here with tickets and all the info.
- Free rainbow Mojito’s at The Hoxton. Sounds good, doesn’t it? Then you have to go between 5 and 6 to their Kick off of the Pride Weekend! And it’s also bound to be a great party after that hour. Check the site for all the info.
- A quiet evening before the madness begins at the Canal Parade on Saturday? Then go to the Rooftop Movie Night at Floor17 on Friday evening. Talk about movie night with a view! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Catch up on Saturday in style at Remise47. The glasses of Bubbles & Oysters have a special price on Sunday! A nice way to close off the weekend ;-). Click here for the Facebook event.
- If you’d rather close the weekend with a bang, then maybe Thuishaven is the place you want to go. At Zomercircus DJ Satori will be playing for 10 hours (!) non-stop. Nice! Check the Facebook event here.
- Cure your hangover on Sunday at Poesiat & Kater. As they’re hosting a Berlin breakfast every Sunday till 3 in the afternoon. So if you like to sleep in you can still manage to catch breakfast here ;-). Click here for the Facebook event.
- This is already the last weekend that you can go to the Kwaku Festival in the Nelson Mandela park. In case you haven’t been there yet – do it! Tasty food, lots of music and great people. Check the Facebook event here.
- Craving a movie night? These are the 8 x Netflix movies and series you want to watch >>
- If the Canal Parade is not really your cup of tea, you’d might want to go to the Asian Food Festival at DOK Amsterdam. Both Saturday and Sunday you can visit this spot for all sorts of Asian delicacies, from Vietnamese spring rolls to Japanese yakitori and everything in between. Good to know: entrance is free! Check the Facebook event here.
- Is the Amsterdamse Terrassen Festival already in your schedule? This might be the best newcomer of last year >>
- The Artis zoo is hosting Zoomeravonden every Saturday in the summer months. There are also performances by several artists during the evening. Click here for the Facebook event.
- The Vijzelgracht has gained a new hotspot! Bardot has opened its doors >>
- Feel like going to the beach but are you dreading to try and get there? Check out the 8 x Best city beaches of Amsterdam here >>
- This warmth is just asking for a nice Summer Sessions on the rooftop of the Volkshotel. Cool off in one of the jacuzzi’s, or go for a sauna. There’s also live music and the view of Amsterdam East. Perfect for an ultimate chill Sunday! Check the Facebook event here.
- VAMOS! These are the 11 x Mexican restaurants you want to have on your radar >>
- Did you already write the dates of De Parade 2018 in your schedule? This event in August 2018 remains the best closure of the summer!
- At HoogtIJ in the North of Amsterdam they’re hosting Rooftop Garden – Groovy Tables on several dates. One of those dates is this Saturday and believe us; this is fun! A five course dinner (with or without paired wining) on their roof, and afterwards you can relax by the fireplace or go dancing on the dance floor! Click here for the Facebook event with all the info.
- In need of some rest after the Gay Pride? At HOPP you can have a seat at their rooftop including brunch this Sunday. During their Sunny Sunday Brunch they’re curing your hangover with cocktails, bubbles or something virgin if you can’t handle the alcohol yet ;-). Check the Facebook event with more info here.
- Sundays are for rosé! That’s what they think at Jansz. and we completely agree ;-). And of course they serve an extensive lunch with it. Especially when it’s sunny a nice rosé is always a good idea, and you can find the very best here today! Check the Facebook event here.
- Are you a fan of mussels? If so, you definitely want to go to the Mussel Day at Viscafé de Gouden Hoek in the Spaarndammer area. The entire day they’re only serving – you already guessed it – mussels! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Have you already been here? An exposition by Van Der Laan De Mooiste Stad in the Amsterdam Museum! Check the Facebook event here with more info.
- Would you like to stay up to date of all the spots that are opening soon? Then keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list!
YourLBB's newest lists
AND MAKE SURE TO NOT FORGET THESE TIPS…
- Do you also have a hard time keeping them apart, the Negen Straatjes? Check the 9 x Hotspots in the Huidenstraat here!
- Are you panning on crashing down on a terrace this weekend, but don’t know which one to pick? Click here for our list with the 9 x Best terraces in the city centre of Amsterdam!
- Do you feel like having a quiet weekend? Check out the 8 x Netflix series and movies you want to have seen!
- Don’t have any inspiration on what to do? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 58 things you’d want to have done at least once in your life!
- Tip: We have many more lists! Check them here >>
PSSSST… YOU CAN FIND MORE (TRAVEL) TIPS IN MY BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle (new in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a vacation close to home (new in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Dutch) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)