Can you believe it’s the last weekend of August already? Woah, time is flying by so so fast! And we can look back to a perfect summer. Drinks on the most beautiful rooftops, watching the best movies in outdoor cinemas and of course a festival every now and then. The Amsterdam summers are my favourite :-) But before we really say goodbye to summer, we still have one more weekend to make the best of it. The last weekend of August as well as the very last weekend of the Parade. Haven’t you been there yet? This is your last chance! And of course yet again plenty of new hotspots have opened. Check out these and more fun to do’s in this Amsterdam Weekend Guide >> Enjoy!
>> Also fun: when talking about last chances, our The Amsterdam City Guide app is almost ready! That means that the beta version is only available for free for a little while now. Check it out! For Android and iOS.
> YOURLBB.TV tip: Of course I couldn’t resist a cold beer on the terrace with these high temperatures. That’s why I visited the 6 x the best beer terraces of Amsterdam for Yourlbb.tv. Watch the short video below and subscribe to our free Youtube channel here to get all updates :-).
PS: every Friday around 11:45 you can listen live to the Amsterdam Weekend Guide on Amsterdam FM!
– The weekends are for good coffee in a chill setting, right? Monks Coffee Roasters in West offers everything you need!
– For breakfast, lunch and dinner you can also check out the new Bar Mowgli in East (check the picture from the header). During daytime they serve Amsterdam classics, during the night Asian streetfood!
– Have you already heard about the brand new movie theatre in North? At FC Hyena they want you to stay when the movie is finished so they serve pretty good food!
– Also Razmataz says goodbye to the summer. This Sunday they celebrate the very last edition of Gamba Gang! Fresh gambas straight from the grill that is.
– But of course no weekend without a delicious burger. This weekend Luc Martin is cooking at Brandt & Levie to serve you a 4-course menu, including a delicious burger, during Luc’s Burgerclub at Brandt & Levie.
– Restaurant C will be transformed into a Mediterranean gem this Sunday including G&T’s, paella and pulpo during Gin Mare // Mediterranean C.
We have many more lists! Check them here >>
– The swing on the rooftop of A’dam Toren is open for the very first time this weekend! How cool is it to swing across the skyline of Amsterdam?
– Yes! It’s time for the yearly BenchesCollective. You can find all the joining benches in East, but in other areas of the city as well. Make sure you check the facebook-event for all the spontaneous pop-ups.
– Do you like travelling as much as I do? Visit the Traveller Meet Up in the art’otel to discover the best adventures!
– EdelWise is moving out of the city and will be taking over Rapa Nui in Zandvoort during EdelWise at the Beach!
– Of course you can also stay in Amsterdam for the Jordaan festival!
– Also Voltt celebrates the summer during Voltt Loves Summer on the NDSM-wharf this Saturday!
– And when talking about festivals of course Mysteryland cannot be forgotten this Saturday.
– The Vondeltuin is also saying goodbye to summer during the last edition of their famous Vondel Disco.
– When one door closes…. Summer maybe almost over, but the cultural season is about to start. This is celebrated with the Uitmarkt 2016 on the Museumplein!
– Is the money burning in your pockets? Let it all out during the Avondmarkt van Roest.
– Looking for the ultimate books for your holiday? Wanderlust and De Amsterdam City Guide are sold at my favourite concept stores: Hutspot, YAY, Hartje Oost, All The Luck In The World, Pluk, Toon, MaisonNL, Ninour, Restored en Mendo! Go check it out!
– And did you know that Tenue de Nîmes has a temporary outlet only this weekend?
– And of course there are many other shops on the blog. Check them here >>
– In EYE you can check out the unique exhibit Master of Light about Robby Müller, Holland’s most famous director of photography! Björk dancing in a factory, Johnny Depp in a canoe on open water and Nastassja Kinski in her hot red sweater: cameraman Robby Müller is responsable for a lot of epic shots from movies like: Breaking the Waves, Dancer in the Dark, Dead Man, Down by Law, Barfly, 24 Hour Party People and Paris, Texas. Until September 4!
– The exhibitions of Andy Warhol and Banksy are still going VERY strong in MOCO museum.
– The Beurs van Berlage also has an exhibition of Banksy.
– Last call! Until this Saturday you can check out the exclusive photos of David Bowie in the Eduard Planting Gallery!!
– And another last call alert! It’s the final weekend of Wonen in de Amsterdamse School in the Stedelijk Museum.
– In the Tropenmuseum you can still check out Rhythm & Roots. An exhibition about music from all over the world. Until October 30!
– It’s also the last week of Amy Winehouse: A Family Portrait in the Jewish Historic Museum!
– Start your weekend in the very best way at Waterkant x Fernandes // NoSpang. With the beats of Sunny and Faya!
– Games and drinks with friends during De TonTonClub Zomertuin Take Over!
– Finish your weekend at Festimi bij Atelier. Elias Mazian will play the desks and that means it’ll be gooood ;-)
– Zomercircus says goodbye to summer during their Zomercircus Closing Weekender at Thuishaven!
– Have you also heard our Happy Weekend Playlists? Check our playlists here! >>
Watch more travel vlogs on YOURLBB.TV! Perfect for a lazy weekend morning ;-).