Amsterdam Weekend Guide for August 15, 16 & 17!
Rain or sun, never a dull moment in Amsterdam. This weekend there’s so much to do! With the Grachtenfestival (check the Odyssee) and many new exhibits from the Stedelijk Museum to FOAM.
I will be at Lowlands this weekend. Hope it’s not going to be a wet one! Will keep you posted on Twitter and Instagram (@yourlbb).
Every Friday I’m a guest on Amsterdam FM where I share my favourite things to do in the Amsterdam Weekend Guide. Happy weekend!
– Must visit for all foodies in Amsterdam this weekend: Kimchi Farm Festival!
– The Neighbourfoodmarket is back at the Westergasfabriek this Sunday. For food, drinks and fun with friends!
– Yourlbb created lists to guide you through all our favourite spots:
* 48 terraces for sunny days
* 10 summer hotspots from urban beach to rooftop
* 20 new places for coffee and lunch
* 20 new restaurant hotspots
* 10 favourite healthy spots
* 5 Saturday food markets
– Sunday August 17 it’s time for Restaurant Day again! Several pop-up restaurants all over Amsterdam.
– Spend the Sunday afternoon on the patio at Trouw. From 4 pm you can enjoy the pizza club there for dinner!
More foodie proof recs that are around every weekend:
– Do you have your own boat? Check out Bluespoon on Board for the best take out on the Prinsengracht!
– Vuurtoreneiland is back! You can now book your dinner at this very special restaurant at an island near Amsterdam.
– Two tips for a great weekend brunch. Brunch is hot in Amsterdam!
* Saturday and Sunday you can book your spot on G’s (former G&T’s) brunch boat! Sailing at 11 am or 13.30 pm. Reservations via email@example.com.
* Bennys and Marys are back at Struik this weekend on Saturday and Sunday. More info here.
– Best oyster happy hours in Amsterdam! Every Saturday and Sunday between 3 – 7 pm at Hugo’s Bar & Kitchen. All oysters for only € 1,-! Great deal right?! And soooo NY ;-).
– MP 211 is new pop-up store in Amsterdam West. For vintage lovers!
– Things I Like, Things I Love opened a pop-up store at the Ceintuurbaan in De Pijp. Yay!
– Did you see the new pop-up by Marc Jacobs at the Bijenkorf yet?
– Gekaapt at the Kinkerstraat is the latest pop-up by the guys from the Jan Eef.
– Drie of my favourite vintage shops in Amsterdam:
* Tatski & Kar at Koningsstraat 27a.
* Libertine is a gallery slash store for vintage curiosities at the Prinsengracht.
* Kaufhaus is a cool vintage clothing and furniture store at the Sweelinckstraat 21 in Amsterdam.
– I blogged about many other cool stores that opened the doors this years. Discover 5 other new stores in Amsterdam here.
– Theater, music and dance at the Grachtenfestival in Amsterdam. If you like ballet De Odyssee is a must see.
– Go camping in Amsterdam at the Buurtcamping! Several parks in Amsterdam.
– Watch a movie in the open air at the cool festival Pluk de Nacht!
– Cool photo expo at gallery Polyester in Amsterdam: Kiss me deadly! With raw pictures of from American newspapers in the 60s and photos of 50s pin-up Betty Page. until September 7.
– Are you going on a date soon? Why not check out one of the summer sessions at North Sea Jazzclub in Amsterdam West?
– Live concerts at the Amsterdamse Bos. All summer long at the open air theater in the forest! Yay :-).
– Every summer one of my fav things to do! The ZOOmer avonden at Artis.
– New expo at the Stadsarchief. Vintage Amsterdam photos by legend Ed van er Elsken. Until September 14.
– The Vondelpark Openluchttheater (open air theater) is back in business every Sunday! Check the website for the latest artists.
– New exhibit at the Stedelijk museum: Opera in het Stedelijk. Until October 19.
– If you like photography check out the new expo at the Tropenmuseum: Masters of Photography with the best pictures from National Geographic photographers. Until October 19.
– Two new expositions in photo museum FOAM:
* Larry Clark – Tulsa & Teenage Lust – until September 12
* Don’t Stop Now: Fashion Photography Next – until September 7
– NEW photo expo at Felix and Foam! 5 years of talent is all about the young photography talents from The Netherlands. Until September 30.
– Did you know that the Van Gogh Museum is open till late every Friday? To me it feels very NY where the Guggenheim museum hosts cool parties during the weekend nights.
– For those who don’t go to Lowlands festival here’s a selection of our favourite clubs in town:
– Club Odeon has a cool new club night on Friday: Nachtdieren!
– A bit older crowd, great tunes and good vibe: Disco Dolly.
– Tip for everyone who needs to eat glutenfree! A store where everything is glutenfree.
– Lobster Sunday BBQ at Vis aan de Schelde. All summer long!
– Now open! New summer hotspot Waterkant.
– Fresh and made to order Mexican fast-food at the Salsa Shop. So good!!
– Neo bistro style food and the new food hotspot Bistro Noord at the NDSM wharf.
– New on the Wibautstraat: Stek! For breakfast, lunch and afternoon drinks.
– Betty Blue is a cool new pastry store in the city center which is all about sweet stuff. Yum!
– Italian food and gluten free proof, that’s cool looking Bocconi at the Spaarndammerstraat.
– New pizza studio in town! Pistache is the new restaurant concept at the location where the Lobster House used to be.
– Porter Bar & Kitchen is the newest hotspot in Amsterdam Old South. From lunch to dinner!
– Salad bar SLA opened a 3rd location in Amsterdam. SLA Zuidas serves you lunch and breakfast during business hours. Yay!
– Rooftop bar and restaurant Canvas opened the doors again last week! Beautiful view over Amsterdam East and delicious dishes.
PS: more hotspots are in the Amsterdam Little Black Book. A city guide to Amsterdam with the best restaurants, shops and things to do. Always new addresses coming up so check out your online Little Black Book daily for the latest hotspots in town!
Anne de Buck