Weekend inspiration for Amsterdam April 10, 11 and 12 >>
I heard it’s going to be a sunny weekend. YAY! Great news because there is so much to do in Amsterdam! Of course we all are going to hang out at the terraces drinking craft beer and wine. Celebrating that it’s only spring and it feels like summer. Did you see our list with the 48 best terraces in Amsterdam yet? On Saturday evening you can party in the artist village Ruigoord at Georgie’s nacht der ode. Celebrate your Sunday at the Pure Markt, and have some great food in the sun! Or visit the Theaterfestival SECRET ROOMS in the Volkshotel. At this special event you can enjoy theatershows in hotelrooms and musical performances in the shower! Sounds exciting right? Enjoy this new Amsterdam Weekend Guide!
PS: if you sign up for the newsletter you get this guide in your inbox every Friday!
Tip: listen to Amsterdam FM for my personal tips from the Amsterdam Weekend Guide. Live at 11.45!
– YES, we can finally share one of our favourite lists: the 48 best terraces in Amsterdam!
– Let the summer begin… chill out at one of these 9 summer hotspots this weekend.
– Enjoy some soul food on Sunday the 12th: Soul Food Sunday at the Blauwe Theehuis!
– Have you visited the Huyschkaemer at the Utrechtsestraat already? Ideal spot for some drinks or lunch!
– Drinks and shopping at the same time? It’s possible! Visit the Drinks & Design & Fashion with frame on Friday the 10th.
– On friday the 10th you can go Wine & Cheese tasting at the Library. Free for members! (No member yet? Become member for a day €15 or member for 6 months €25!
– Do you love milk? Go and taste different sorts at the De Melksalon.(the milk salon) Or follow one of the workshops!
– Tips for drinks on Friday!
* Vrijmibodisco at the Espressobar (the last edition of this season, so don’t miss it!)
* Participate in the Pubquiz at the Blauwe Theehuis, or just join the party from 22:00 onwardsr: Tuin der Ondeugd!
* Later in the evening: Fissa at Chapter 21!
– Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier! Did you check them yet?
* the coolest hotspots at the Jan Pieter Heijestraat
* 13 new favourite restaurants
* 11 x of the best Italians
* 12 burgerbars you must know
* 17 nicest breakfast spots in town
* 9 x cheese fondue in Amsterdam
* 14 healthy hotspots we love
* 9 cool spots with a fire place
* hotspots in Amsterdam where you can eat gluten free!
* 16 x the best brunch spots
* 15 great bars and cafes in Amsterdam
* 5 spots in Amsterdam for Italian coffee
* 5 favourite hotspots for hot coco
* 36 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 18 best cocktail bars in Amsterdam!
* 8 spots for free wifi, good coffee & lunch
* 20 of the newest restaurants in Amsterdam
* 9 best places to drink G&T’s in Amsterdam
* 10 restaurants where parking your car is no problem
* 20 new places for coffee and lunch
* 20 new restaurant hotspots
* 10 favourite healthy spots
* 5 Saturday food markets
– Sunday the 12th the Pure Markt in the Amstelpark takes place again! More then 90 different traditional food stands combined with a special op het gebied van lekker eten en drinken en een bijzonder assortiment non-food.
– The English desgin duo Jimmie Martin, famous for their special furniture, will open their first exposition in the Urban Art House Gallery Store te Amsterdam. Famous costumers of Jimmie are Kylie Minogue, Kelly Osbourne, Jamie Oliver, and Madonna. Go and take a look! Possible from April 10 till June 30
– Did you go to the new expo Bodyart at Tropenmuseum in East yet? This exhibit is all about Bodyart from all over the world. Warning: you might want a tattoo after visiting ;-). Read all about the expo here. Until August 30.
– On the occasion of the publication of Terry O’neils new Rock ‘n’ Roll photobook there will be an exposition with the same title at Eduard Planting Gallery. Come and see a great selection of the stars of the music industry, like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Elton John, David Bowie, Eric Clapton, Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Presley, Amy Winehouse, Diana Ross and many others. (till may 23)
– Visit these nice expositions at the FOAM photo museum: Broomberg & Chanarin (till june 6) + Geert Goiris – Flashbulb Memories, Ash Grey Prophecies.(till may 24)
– These sneakers are so cute! And did you know Mipacha now opened a brand store at the Hazenstraat?
– Going on holiday soon? Then the pop-up of Kabana at the Conservatorium hotel is a must visit for you!
– The cosiest vinyl record store opens his doors: Michiel Vinyl! Visit the store Saturday from 10:00-22:00 or on Sunday from 12:00 till 19:00.
– Visit the Uashmama Benelux pop up store at Haarlemmerdijk 41! Find the most beautiful interior accessories and bags!
– Friday 10th and Saturday the 11th of April there will be a sample sale from New Market .Brands such as: Current/Elliott, Danteº6, Leon & Harper, Liv Bergen, Modström en Sessùn.
– Get in the mood already for the festival Georgie’s Wundergarten during Georgie’s nacht der ode in artist village Ruigoord!
– Or start your weekend this Friday at BASE in the Chicago Social Club! Dance all night to the best beats.
– (If you’re lucky enough to find a ticket) Go and do some “Disco Groceries” DISCO boodschappen in the Dirk van den Broek supermarket at Marie Heinekenplein!
PS: more hotspots are in the Amsterdam Little Black Book. A city guide to Amsterdam with the best restaurants, shops and things to do. Always new addresses coming up so check out your online Little Black Book daily for the latest hotspots in town!