WEEKEND tips fOR April 1, 2 & 3
Bonjour tout le monde! While you’re doing fun things in Amsterdam, I’m staying in Paris this weekend, yay! Once again, I’m hitting the trail to keep you up to date about the newest and best hotspots in this wonderful city. But of course I also love to inspire everybody at home! Thanks to the sunny weekend, everyone is looking for the best spot to enjoy the sun. Bar Restaurant 1900 is definitely one of my favourite terraces. Or start your Saturday with a relaxing session of Volksyoga on the roof terrace of Volkshotel. So lovely with the beautiful view and the sun on your face! But there is so much more to do in town! What? You’ll discover in this Amsterdam Weekend Guide! >> Enjoy!
PS: you can listen to the Amsterdam Weekend Guide on Amsterdam FM every Friday around 11:45!
– Three lists to make the weekend even more fun:
>> 7 x bao burger in Amsterdam
>> 16 x restaurants for shared dining in Amsterdam
>> 8 x must visit vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
– Yay, finally! The fish theater Pesca has opened its doors. From now on, this will be your favourite fish restaurant at the Rozengracht. Choose a fish, have a seat, enjoy a drink and wait until your fresh fish is served!
– Looking for an idyllic place to relax in the sun? One of our favorites is Bar Restaurant 1900. This terrace provides a wonderful view on the fountain and thanks to that we assure you that your wine will taste even better. ;-)
– Not feel like cooking? Luckily, one of these take-outs will help you out!
– Thanks to the healthy pizzas of Magioni, it’s possible to leave the dining table satisfied and without guilt. The dough is mostly made of cauliflower. Weird? Totally not! It’s so delicious and low in calories. A win-win situation if you’ll ask me!
– If you’re looking for a tasty refreshment (or just a delicious treat), you can always go to the brand new ice bar: IJsmanschap. This is thé place to be for a delicious and fancy popsicle!
– ‘Happy & healthy’ is thé motto of YourLBB in 2016. We love to keep you up to date about the newest healthy hotspots in Amsterdam. Lavinia Goodfood can’t be lacking on that list. This super food spot in the city centre of Amsterdam is a must visit place!
– Would you like to try some of the best restaurants at reduced prices? This is your lucky day! During the National Restaurant Week you can check out the best restaurants scattered all over the country. Of course also some Amsterdam spots are opening their doors for curious gastronomes.
-We love these places for Friday afterwork drinks:
* Check our list with 10 Friday afterwork drinks spots in Amsterdam!
* Pllek is always a good idea for Feeling Friday.
* SoSo Lobi at Waterkant is highly recommended for summer vibes, beer and roti!
Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier :-)
* 32 x restaurants in Amsterdam you must have dinner once
* 19 nicest breakfast spots in town
* 20 healthy hotspots we love
* 47 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 24 cocktail bars in Amsterdam
Check the blog for more lists! >>
– On Saturday between 14 pm and 18 pm it’s The Party Brunch at Paper Planes. Be ready for burgers, booze and a lot of deejays!
– We have the perfect Sunday tip for you if you’re a fan of jazz! It’s the first weekend of April so The Library Sessions is organizing the bimonthly Jazz On Sunday.
– It’s once again time for the monthly Roller Disco in Club Lite. Put your glitter jacket on, tie your rollerblades and go loose on Sunday evening from 19.30 pm till 23 pm!
– Relaxing with a view! Every Sunday you can relax in one of the hot tubs on the roof terrace of the Volkshotel. Badplaats offers you the ultimate relaxation.
– Start your Saturday with a yoga session on the roof terrace of Volkshotel! Which way better than starting your day with Volksyoga?
– Looking for an inspirational Sunday? Read all about Sunday fun stuff in Amsterdam here.
– Go bargain hunting at the Sample Sale Amsterdam Noord! Several brands like RVLT, Komono en Minimum & Herschell are giving discounts up to 70%.
– Chicago Social Club is transforming its dance floor into a vintage market. Stuff your bag at the Vintage Kilo Sale, only €15 for a kilo!
– We have a bunch of shopping tips for you! Also Cheap Monday is doing their spring Sample Sale on Sunday. Yay! Since Cheap Monday isn’t that very cheap… :-)
– It’s the first Sunday of the month and that means it’s time for the Sunday Market at the Westergasfabriek. Shop fashion, design, art, food and so much more. This is definitely the perfect trip on a Sunday. And afterwards you can go picknick in the sunny Westerpark!
– There are so much cool shops in Amsterdam! Check them here! >>
– Discover the history of Amsterdam in a captivating way at the Amsterdam Museum. Amsterdam DNA takes you on a time travel through history and tells you in a fun way the story of the city in just one hour.
– This weekend you can enjoy the unseen work of the famous French photographer Henri Lartigue at Foam. Mainly known for his spectacular photographs of car races, planes and people and animals in motion. But also his colour photography is breath taking. Life of Colour is the perfect proof.
– The hit musical PIPPIN is coming to Carré because of the new ‘Broadway aan de Amstel’ initiative. Every year, Carré is bringing the biggest and most leading Broadway productions to Amsterdam. If you want to see this spectacular show with your own eyes, you have to get a ticket quick! The production runs until April 10.
– This one has to be on your to do list: the Catwalk exhibition in the Philipsvleugel of the Rijksmuseum. Rijks presents fashion of the Netherlands from 1625 to 1960. A must visit for fashion lovers!
– Have you already been to Close-Up – A New Generation of Film and Video Artists in the Netherlands at EYE Film Instituut? An exhibition featuring numerous recent film and video works and spatial installations by a new generation of filmmakers and artists in the Netherlands.
– Stadsarchief Amsterdam pronounced a new expo: Amsterdamse Parken (Amsterdam parks). All these great parks in Amsterdam, but what do people do there? Photographer Jeroen Hofman shows you.
– A must visit expo at Tassenmuseum Hendrikje: Street Couture. At this exhibition it’s all about mix and match: high end fashion is combined with street fashion, sports and pop culture.
– Go to Paradiso for an extra strong party. Zwarte Koffie is doing it again with its familiar recipe: the best hip-hip, disco, funk and soul by the greatest deejays.
– BRET is also in the mood for a good party! The combination between a great venue, the best deejays and cosiness will provide a fantastic evening called ‘Overvloed‘.
– Pleinvrees exists five years and that’s the perfect reason for a party! Be prepared for a top edition at Thuishaven.
– Want to go clubbing this weekend? Get to know the 13 clubs in Amsterdam where you must go dancing.
– Feel like dancing but not in the mood for clubbing? On Saturday Pllek is thé place to be! DJs wil play some of the best records at dinner time and late into the night. After dinner the tables will be set aside so you can dance! See you at Beatroots!
– Up for some good weekend music? Every month we make a new playlist on Spotify! Check our playlists here >>
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
Amsterdam Light festival
The Amsterdam Light Festival 2023/2024 are now on sale!More info & tickets »
Rent a bike!
Do you want to see a lot in a short time? Rent a bike and discover the city in a day.Rent a bike here »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »